GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Minor Transformation has Begun!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-07, 08:25 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics don't do this car justice!!! The integrated IS fogs came out real nice. The wheels, oh my. The VIS CF hood, double oh my. I love the way the eyelids make the car look mean and angry now, heheh. Tony, this build up is coming along very nicely. Very proud of the way you are being patient, and putting a lot of thought into your mods.
Old 04-22-07, 10:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

GS looking good carbon
Awesome shot by the runway!

I love how the IS foglights fit in there. I love the rims and hood

Aren't you afraid of getting your shins/legs getting burned from the exhaust? It looks too far out of the bumper. I'd be afraid of getting anything out of the trunk
Old 04-22-07, 07:44 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL_ECLPS
CarbonGS,
That car is Immaculate! what Butler Tire do you go to? i used to work at the one off of Jones Bridge, out in Alpharetta, a few years back.
where did you get your CF headlight lids?
i go to geordie and craig over at the one you used to work at. they take care of me and the selocers. the headlight eyebrows are off of ebay. surprisingly good material and great seller.
Old 04-22-07, 07:45 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by veritek
Pics don't do this car justice!!! The integrated IS fogs came out real nice. The wheels, oh my. The VIS CF hood, double oh my. I love the way the eyelids make the car look mean and angry now, heheh. Tony, this build up is coming along very nicely. Very proud of the way you are being patient, and putting a lot of thought into your mods.
thanks man, you know you had a lot to do with this build. thanks for all your help and expertise. your guidance shall not be forgotten. thanks again man! great having you around.
Old 04-22-07, 07:49 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
GS looking good carbon
Awesome shot by the runway!

I love how the IS foglights fit in there. I love the rims and hood

Aren't you afraid of getting your shins/legs getting burned from the exhaust? It looks too far out of the bumper. I'd be afraid of getting anything out of the trunk
thanks man! the hanger has some nice cars inside. eleanor, ls2 swapped 60's vettes, ferraris, gt3's, classics etc... will post up when i get some decent pics. oh and a 3million dollar leer jet! lol

bing's paint guy steve did an awesome job integrating the IS fogs into my rev/win style bumper. cleared the sidemarkers as well. i'm just waiting to get hid's in the fogs as well.

the exhaust doesn't bother me. i don't even use my trunk. just a system back there and a bottle. waiting to install that as well.
Old 04-22-07, 08:23 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Wow.......

Carbongs(Tony),

I've been watching your transformation, and I must admit it was tastefully done. Love that IS fogs, very unique. Car flows very well, and can't wait to see it once you lower it. It take time and money, many different routes and alot of decision making, but you went with you wanted and damn did it turn great. Keep up the great work, now stay down there in GA., wouldn't want to run up against you. Good luck at the show competition this year.....

-Joe
Old 04-23-07, 05:54 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

how's it going joe? judging by your avatar you avatar, your ride ain't shabby either! lol. thanks for the kind words. i've really been eager to get this project down. same time next year i hope to do the stereo better, interior, and accent the engine bay a little more. no FI for me, not enough mula unless i can get some sort or sponsorship this year from some of the shops around here. thanks for the good wishes, i will do my best to represent this community in the show scene. as far as i am concerned. if one of us wins we all win. the gs has become a staple in the VIP world and it is starting to emerge now as a common import show car. a movement all started by you all!
Old 04-23-07, 06:33 AM
Bigbea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car's lookin good. You got plans to drop it?
Old 04-23-07, 09:11 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bigbea
Car's lookin good. You got plans to drop it?
paid for it, waiting to get it. prolly put it on after dum memphis since i have to drive 7+ hours one way
Old 04-23-07, 04:25 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great job overall. Love the is3 fogs, nice touch...Great looking wheels.
Old 04-23-07, 05:11 PM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

what a great concept and look...man I was so sick of clickin your links with no pics...but all worth it in the end. Hope the drop doesn't cause problems because I remember another member with those wheels saying that it chewed up his fenders. Good stuff.
Old 04-23-07, 05:32 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again great job man. Tony is a teammate of mine with ELITE and he has worked so hard to get his GS to this level I am so happy for him and excited that his investment has paid off in such a beautiful way. I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks when we go to DUB Memphis.

And there go some of my 07 trophies.

High fives teammate!!
Old 04-23-07, 07:43 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im a little late seeing this, but I must say well done man! Very unique
Old 04-23-07, 08:52 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
Great job overall. Love the is3 fogs, nice touch...Great looking wheels.
wow! definitely thanks for your comment! u have one of the nicest gs' around.
Old 04-23-07, 09:06 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oooooh, nice. Great job, Carbon. Love the wheels, and that thing is going to look straight sinister when it's dropped. Can't wait!

BTW, I met you when I was at Lexfest. I think I was parked next to you, no? I'm the one that gave you the CD with the Lexus mix, remember?

Anyway, keep up the great work. You've been busy, I see. That is quite a transformation. Love the custom fogs. :thumpup:

Quick Reply: Minor Transformation has Begun!