GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Minor Transformation has Begun!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 09:20 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here’s your first glimpse of what the wheels are. Staggered fitment EXE Konvex!
20X9 +37 fronts and 20X10 +35 rears all wrapped with those Dunlop Sport Maxx tires.
245-35-20 and 285-30-20

The first time it was set on the ground

Thanks to Bing for coming out to supervise. Here are a few shots he took. Don’t mind the stock bumper since mine was at the shop.

Old 04-21-07, 09:21 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

A few nights later this greeted me at the front door!

I took it inside and started to unpack it!

Oh yeah it is carbon fiber! VIS DV Carbon Fiber ventilated hood.

I also got the eyebrows as well.
Thanks again to Patrick and Shin for helping me with the install.

So I was without my grill for awhile since I needed to drill extra holes in the hood for the grill. We took care of that at Bing’s parents’ house.

Old 04-21-07, 09:22 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Patrick (Happy Hooder) also Incontrol Designs cut and installed my vinyl for this year! It is a custom frosted/etched glass vinyl with pearl mixed in it. Thanks again Pat!

The Meguiar’s decals are all original from them. I like the way they did their logos.

Pat and I went out to dinner to celebrate a good days work.

A mini shoot before I got my bumper back with Patrick and his Matrix since he was headed back up north.

Old 04-21-07, 09:23 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Bumper is back on! This time with the custom installed IS Fogs!

Lights off

Lights on

Old 04-21-07, 09:23 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

These last three shots were at a co-team member’s work.

All that is left is the suspension. I’ll get that on before DUB Memphis!
Old 04-21-07, 09:47 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
A few nights later this greeted me at the front door!
Nice mods, car is looking awesome. Anything done to the GS-R Teg?
Old 04-21-07, 11:03 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a BIG difference that made the only I would change now would be your exhaust set up doesn't really flow with the look your going for ???
Old 04-21-07, 11:13 PM
LexFather

Tony that is SUPERB!!! I love the wheels, LOVE THEM!!! Great work!!
The IS fogs, that is very different, never seen that before.

For those that don't know CarbonGS (Tony) has one of the most award winning Lexus in Atlanta, no joke he either wins first or places. He doesn't leave WITHOUT a trophy!!

Way to go. We are also so blessed to have good people like Bing, Shin, Patrick and Geordie at Butler Tire to help out.

Fantastic, I love it!
Old 04-21-07, 11:21 PM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick ride!

Last edited by o2GS43o; 04-21-07 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-22-07, 02:16 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Nice mods, car is looking awesome. Anything done to the GS-R Teg?
haha thanks. yeah the teggy was first bought with ambitions of building a lightwieght powerhouse but soon after lost it's way when i started modding the lex. gave the teg to my dad. it gets exceptional gas mileage and with him commuting anywhere from 65-150 miles a day it is good for it purpose.
Old 04-22-07, 02:19 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

What a BIG difference that made the only I would change now would be your exhaust set up doesn't really flow with the look your going for ???
thanks lexus kid! yeah i know. the exhaust was a spur of the moment thing when i first got the body kit. i'm talking with a local custom exhaust fabricator at the moment and we are gonna go a dual tip/quad exhaust set up. i just have to find the money. probably won't be till next year but i think it'll be worth the wait. another reason why i held off is that i am waiting on a good header system to come out. once that happens i'll be doing the high flow cats and run that custom 3" piping i've always wanted to free up the air.
Old 04-22-07, 02:27 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Tony that is SUPERB!!! I love the wheels, LOVE THEM!!! Great work!!
The IS fogs, that is very different, never seen that before.

For those that don't know CarbonGS (Tony) has one of the most award winning Lexus in Atlanta, no joke he either wins first or places. He doesn't leave WITHOUT a trophy!!

Way to go. We are also so blessed to have good people like Bing, Shin, Patrick and Geordie at Butler Tire to help out.

Fantastic, I love it!
thanks so much mike. i've been trying really hard not to leak the mods until the debuting date last night. i really love the fogs as well. adds that unique taste to it, i believe. those were courtesy of eric c, our old 1st gen aristo guy from seloc. he gave them to me for my 21st birthday last year. been sitting in the garage collecting dust till this past month. don't worry though, a nice set of HID 3000K will be residing in the IS housings at a very soon date.

thanks mike for the plug, but i've been very fortunate at shows with judges that like the style of the car. with the changes this year i hope that i have brought the car to another level. competing with the local guys makes me strive to make the car better, cleaner, and more unique. but i learn a lot from the lexus and especially the gs guys. lots of input from bing, jaime, mike, dave, kharizma, adrian, socal, all the top dogs ~ didn't mean to leave anyone out.

showing the car is fun but i personally think you can't have the same platform more than 2 years in the row. you have to switch it up a little bit every year. next season i'm gonna go for a custom paint on the hood, some more stuff in the trunk, and move to the interior and pay attention to the exhaust. there will be something new there next year. i want to keep the car clean and have hopes of competing at HIN shows. The caliber of those cars are just amazing. one day!

i look forward to feedback and reactions of those that have seen my car in it's previous stage this season. good luck to all show participants and thank you to everyone for their kind words and help along the way. without this forum the car would not be where it is today.
Old 04-22-07, 05:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Was a huge difference Carbon.. The wheels look great and the Hood looks like a perfect fit.. I think now you will eat up the competition even more with the new transformation.. GL.. Hope to see this car one day..

TOny
Old 04-22-07, 07:21 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks man! can't wait to see your ride as well. thanks for the vote of confidence. i can only hope to compete with the big boys one day. i'm gonna lay low and work a little here and there on the car to make it what i want. probably finish up the last touches in about two years and go from there.
Old 04-22-07, 07:53 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CarbonGS,
That car is Immaculate! what Butler Tire do you go to? i used to work at the one off of Jones Bridge, out in Alpharetta, a few years back.
where did you get your CF headlight lids?

Quick Reply: Minor Transformation has Begun!