GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

From chrome to eurolines..No 56k full of photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 06:42 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you call that the VIP route? the wheels are nice, no doubt... but you could def. push them out a bit to make them flush with the fender. as it is, it looks like they are too sucked in, especially if you are going the VIP route.
Old 07-31-06, 06:47 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
you call that the VIP route? the wheels are nice, no doubt... but you could def. push them out a bit to make them flush with the fender. as it is, it looks like they are too sucked in, especially if you are going the VIP route.
remember that VIP style consists of a whole range of fitment types, not just extreme stretch/poke style, such as EXE style with slightly more conservative offsets, camber, etc.
Old 07-31-06, 07:16 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great - these wheels look more "race" than the chrome ones you had before.
Old 07-31-06, 08:51 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Nice new look. Did the chrome ones stay in the CL family? I think with the lip you're planning you'll probably have to raise the car a bit.
Old 07-31-06, 06:50 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Talking

I love my, I mean your wheels!
Old 08-01-06, 02:37 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ebruce2
likin the stretch for sure And those HA's have got to be cranked to the bottom from the looks of it.

Now the only problem with an open wheel is that it shows everything behind it. Time to clean up the rotors and calipers witha quick paint job....or BBK maybe???
Old 08-01-06, 09:28 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default update

Well the Vip Route is going as planned ! for car-lost ... the rims are made to be flush ..custom fit for the GS..and the fenders have been rolled so it can tuck ... I am finishing bags ... and the Has could go at least two inches lower but Not driveable ...

Thanks guys well from my angle ......

I know that need to get the rotors taken care of ...asap....(tisktisk)

but I have done this for Now Enjoy

Terrible pictures from the phone but finished last night and pic. taken today

Black housing just added (again)... along with the Gracier front lip ...(Greddy)

came out pretty demonic from a personal view

Joe your right ! that car is too low Hmm ... with the car being that low .... Its like 2 inches off the ground ... scrapes .... just to tease ... the lip won't stay on the car until the airbags are complete .. completion is about 65 % ....

Also the Chrome rims stayed within the CL family .. if and when he signs on this site

Also brad ... when i concluded the search ! you were the only black comparison to the rims that I purchased ... but you have 18s and spacers looked great ... made me impatient to get the tires..
Thanks guys !

Last edited by VipDout; 08-01-06 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added message for brad
Old 08-01-06, 10:03 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

can we get full shots with new lip???

are you gonna have to raise it?? I hope not.
Old 08-01-06, 10:04 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Very very nice!
Old 08-04-06, 09:30 AM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yo....THe new wheels are nice.................................but the CHROME WHEELS are butta, hot to death...what make are those....
Old 08-07-06, 12:52 PM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Yeah man! The rims look great. Damn your car is low Again, sorry about the whole tire incident. Johnny's uncle is still enjoying the 19's...

-Craig
Old 08-07-06, 03:18 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

If you are trying to go with the VIP route or even EXE, you might have to rethink about your wheel fitment. Since you are going to be on an air suspension and you have the fenders already rolled, your wheel set up is going to be sucken in way too far.

I had Euroline SL's before, 19x9 and 19x10 +38 offset on both and it didn't even come close to being flush with the fenders when I have the air suspension to a good drop. I put 8mm spacers all the way around (making my offsets at 30), just to make it look "ok".

My car with the SL's on (with spacers), I think this is more EXE fitment than anything else.
Old 08-10-06, 09:36 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

You know what .. I know you are right !

The wheels in the front are tucked as it sits now .... I spacers will be a must ... but I hope it still comes out pretty clean...

I am trying to finish this all before EOS5 but I am starting to have Doubts....

We will see ... Even if i get it done .. still more work for the painted drums ect.. and then , do you still have those wheels spacers ?

I might need those fore reals
Old 08-10-06, 11:09 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ebruce2
remember that VIP style consists of a whole range of fitment types, not just extreme stretch/poke style, such as EXE style with slightly more conservative offsets, camber, etc.
I'm not sure die hard VIP enthusiasts would agree with that. VIP is ALL ABOUT wheel fitment and stance. A VIP car with wheels that have high offsets is called... DUB. I would consider a GS WITHOUT a body kit but dumped on AirRunners and +20 wheels more VIP than a GS with a full Junction Produce body kit with L-Tuned springs and +38 wheels.

There IS a middle ground... but EXE is not considered in the VIP "family," so to speak.

e-diddy, I like finish on the new wheels! I can see you were going for the stretched-look; unfortunately the narrower than normal tires on the high offset wheels make the wheels look even more buried on the car. I also experienced this as I set my coilovers lower and lower... my 20x10.5" rear wheels are looking a little lost these days... my new wheels with MUCH more aggressive offsets are in the works.

I'd love to see how it looks with some 15mm front + 20mm rear spacers!
Old 08-13-06, 08:59 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I swear the pros and cons of posting on here ...

Next mod I won't post....seems I might be classified under the wrong section again ...

What ever I dont really care but when the car is where I need it to be.... then I'll End up calling it whatever I please ... As it seems the rims are More sucked in for now but like I said the rims will be pushed out as soon as I find out about my airbag kit ...

Probally this week I will go to the shop and find out if it is a real shop or not ..

The lip and spacers will come No rush ... and the Rims will sit with a spacer when I find out how much play I have when the car is tucked ...

So No more beating this thread like a dead horse ... mods can close ...

Quick Reply: From chrome to eurolines..No 56k full of photos