GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My First Time Getting Pulled Over By the Cops

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 09:26 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Time Getting Pulled Over By the Cops

I was driving home from work in the gs, and i see a police car in front of me at the intersection of valley and fremont. I thought to myself, I'm behind him so im safe. But just to be safe i stay in the lane next to his so im not directly behind him. Then the light turns green and the policeman starts driving suuuuper slowww... like 5mph. Crap, what can i do. so i just drive normal speed... and then he pulls behind me and flashes the lights... "License and registration" he says. So i get out of my car to go to my trunk to get my stuff (i just came from the boeing gym and all my stuff is in my bag in the trunk. then he says,"You don't have any guns back there do you?" crappp... i don't have guns, but i have an telescoping baton back there... so i open the trunk part way and use my body to block as much of his vision as i can...

So... after all the mumbo jumbo talk, he says you have no front plate, your front windows are tinted and you can't have the white thing (White Junction Produce Fusa, better recognize! )hanging from your mirror. Then i ask him how much the fine is for the tint and he says he doesn't know... then he says "i know it ruins the lines of your car but put ur plate back on and take off the tint... because you were so cool with me, ur not going to get a ticket... WHEWWW...

Lesson of the day: when you see the cops, roll down your tinted windows before they see you and never drive in front of a police car
Old 07-20-06, 09:31 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

You can't have a fusa??

what size is yours? That seems strange to me.
Well at least he let you off Nice cars by the way
Old 07-20-06, 09:53 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey

u were lucky man.
i got a ticket for $110 for not having plates in front.
and guess what, i still don't have plates in front. car just looks so clean and nice without the plates in front. as for getting pulled over for the first time, i think that's nice.
ever since i got into the lexuses(first 94 gs , now 98 gs) , i think i get pulled over once within every 8 weeks.
i guess just as much as the gs attracts ladies, so it does the cops too
some cops even say nice car man and still give u a ticket
Old 07-20-06, 09:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmike
You can't have a fusa??

what size is yours? That seems strange to me.
Well at least he let you off Nice cars by the way
actually you can't have anything on there. technically it's blocking views, so everything is illegal. of course, the bigger it is, the more reson it is for teh cops

for tint, actually it's tough. you roll down windows, they see it, it's still a bad idea. it's like telling them "ooops, yeah, don't look at me". it's not going to work if they wanna pull you over. i usually just play risk and drive by them normally. that's why i have light tint and always open up my runroof shade to get more light into my car

and also that's why i have my front plate on all the time with the L bracket. it makes my car 10 times less attractive for sure
Old 07-20-06, 10:10 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Honestly, with all of the p1ss poor and dangerous driving I encounter every day, I have to say I'm a little pissed that cops have time to stop people for a front plate. Really not a good use of taxpayer money.
Old 07-20-06, 10:17 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I would hate to have the front plate on. This post reminds me I need to order a fusa and join the JP club....the cheap way. Great job on avoiding the ticket. Is an extendable baton illegal? I have one too.
Old 07-20-06, 10:26 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexbox
I would hate to have the front plate on.
Yep - me too. I would never buy a GS with front plate holes in the bumper...
Old 07-20-06, 10:46 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexbox
I would hate to have the front plate on. This post reminds me I need to order a fusa and join the JP club....the cheap way. Great job on avoiding the ticket. Is an extendable baton illegal? I have one too.
yeah they are illegal haha
Old 07-20-06, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
Yep - me too. I would never buy a GS with front plate holes in the bumper...
you didn't read my post about using L brackets?

i hate putting front plate on too, even with my gs400 now (that has no holes on front), but i hate it even more seeing a cop checking out my car
Old 07-20-06, 11:09 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

ive been pulled over for front window tint too

instead of a big ticket he gave me a date to take the tint off by
so i got it off
now car looks bad without front windows tinted
Old 07-21-06, 02:16 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got pulled over for speeding in my subdivision. Oops my bad.

The cop who pulled me was at a stop sign....and I just flew by him.....lets say it was too late for me to even try putting on some brakes... .....he was driving his personal vehicle.....a mildly modded Altima V6....w/ chrome wheels, a drop, tints, etc...of course with his blue dome lights on the roof.

After asking for my license, registration, and proof of insurance....he says to me....."Did you know you were speeding?"....I said...."Ummmm...yah.".....long story short....no ticket...just a warning to slow down.

Pete
Old 07-21-06, 06:32 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
I got pulled over for speeding in my subdivision. Oops my bad.

The cop who pulled me was at a stop sign....and I just flew by him.....lets say it was too late for me to even try putting on some brakes... .....he was driving his personal vehicle.....a mildly modded Altima V6....w/ chrome wheels, a drop, tints, etc...of course with his blue dome lights on the roof.

After asking for my license, registration, and proof of insurance....he says to me....."Did you know you were speeding?"....I said...."Ummmm...yah.".....long story short....no ticket...just a warning to slow down.

Pete
the cop pulled you over in his Altima? LOL. at least he didn't get too jealous and give you a ticket
Old 07-21-06, 07:16 AM
GeorgeGS4
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I too have no plate and dark tints and just cross my fingers every time I drive by cops taking radar.

My excuse so far for getting pulled over for no front plate is "i just took pictures of my car and took it off, sorry" and i leave it in my trunk to further prove my story it's worked a few times, and not worked once.

oh well ,i'd rather enjoy the smooth lines of the cars' front without one and risk an occasional ticket than have it on. afterall, visual tickets don't raise insurance points!!
Old 07-21-06, 09:54 AM
DoingDamag
Driver

Hey,

Got this e-book on how to fight traffic tickets. It has some pretty good information in it. Haven't gotten a ticket since I got it, though.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ehdf8

Hope this helps!!!
Old 07-21-06, 10:21 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOu lucked out marcus!

I also have L brackets holding onto my front plates. No Matter how much I hate it (blocking my intercooler).. I would still leave it on for daily drives. It's easy to remove anyways whenever I need to.

Quick Reply: My First Time Getting Pulled Over By the Cops