GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

NEW MOD'S TOMS GS REAR BRACE & TOMS 6 LINKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 05:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redgs4
1) Tom's lower front brace, 2) Tom's lower rear brace, and 3) Tom's 6-link kit.
Same order here, although I had the TRD front for awhile.
Old 04-06-06, 06:45 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the info. Now just have to sit here and wait for the items to show up
Old 04-06-06, 11:40 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Thank you all for the info. Now just have to sit here and wait for the items to show up
Congrats. It will be worth the wait.
Old 01-17-13, 04:52 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for reviving an old thread but i did not want to start a new one and get told off for not doing a search ..

I need some advice from the 2GS lot, especially Tom's Bracing pros...

I own a 2010 SC430 and would like to beef up my suspension and handling a little (or a lot haha).

Basically, we recently found out the TRD front Sway bar from the 2GS bolts up directly to the 2SC. The rear however needs modifications so for now, i will be ordering a front sway bar.

I have also decided to order a set of MeisterR coilovers for the SC, very good, bespoke product built by a knowledgeable guy for his wife's SC430 specifically.

I have also placed an order for the Cusco front STB since the rear would interfere with the hardtop when the convertible is down.

With this setup, i should have a good setup up front but a near factory setup in the rear albeit coilovers. The main issue with the SC is the chassis stiffness.. The vehicle is closely related to a spaghetti especially with the top down. Dont get me wrong, the car handles pretty well for what it is but it does not give you a secure feeling per-say. I understand that this is a touring convertible not a sports car but i have reason to believe its a decent platform to work on and could be dramatically improved with the correct suspension/chassis stiffening setup.

HOWEVER... I am worried i end up over stiffening the chassis and inducing understeer. I need to tastefully mod my suspension whilst considering a set budget.

Going back to the main topic. If i were to have a good said of coilovers, a FRONT-ONLY TRD Sway-bar, and a Front STB. What can i get done to the rear in order of making it up on par with the front without over-stiffening the whole chassis?

Shall i get the 6-link setup only, or do i need to get the rear LCB as support? Do i also need to get the front? How will this help when i already should have a decent setup up front with my current vision.

Please keep in mind the braces are $687.87 a pop now, and $500 for the 6-links.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks,
Moe