GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New to the forum...with a problem..HELP!

Old 02-20-06, 11:29 AM
seanmc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum...with a problem..HELP!

I have a 2000 GS 300, and whenever it rains hard or I go through a car wash, I run into problems with my door locks, my gas and temp guage, power windows, my factory alarm and my heater and ac controls.

Door locks: I have to manually lock/unlock each door, door lock switch doesnt work, but the small green light on the switch is illuminated.

Gas/Temp guage: Lights up, guages dont move.

Power windows: I can roll down each window from each door, but cannot control them all from my drivers door.

Factory alarm: Of course the doors wont lock/unlock due to the door lock problem, but it seems to passive arm itself, if I pop my hood and open it, the alarm triggers, I have to put the key in the ignition and turn the car on to shut it off.

Heater/AC controls: when its really bad, I lose my control and blower.

Ok, so I went through my car, pulled fuses and so on...fuses are all good, but I did notice condensation in the pass kick panel. Pulled up the carpet on the front passengers side and there was water under there. Cant figure out where it is comming from though. It seems to be leaking underneath some deadening material. Does anyone have this same problem? Also, when I was having this problem the other night (got a car wash) My instrument cluster (speedo, Tach, gas...etc) was extremely bright...almost hard to look at. When everything started working...my cluster went back to regular. I know this is a long bulliten...but im trying to avoid taking it to the dealer. Thanks for any help you guys can offer...

Sean McL
Old 02-20-06, 01:42 PM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm....i think some ppl have had problems with clogged sunroof drains. My carpet gets wet on the driver side and I still havent found the source, but it hasnt caused any electrical issues. Most likely one of your computers is getting wet and needs to be guarded against the source of water or you need to fix the problem with the source of water. Another issue maybe from the ducting across the front of the windshield. Water maybe getting in throught the vent system.
Old 02-20-06, 06:06 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are there any holes in the firewall that are not plugged??

Jonny
Old 02-21-06, 09:14 AM
seanmc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys...I have a feeling its the ducting in the front windsheild. Poured water there and it wasnt draining out of the small tube on the passengers side. Hopefully the drain tube just got clogged or disconnected. Another quick question...my guage cluster is extemely dim, like I have it on the lowest setting on the dimmer ****...it should be bright...right? Could it be that one of my computers is water damaged? Is there a computer or anything important on the passengers side floor...because thats where the water is comming in. You guys have been very helpful...Im glad I found this forum

Sean McLaughlin