GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Plate or No Plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 09:50 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plate or No Plate

OK...Getting my TTE installed soon, So i had someone Photoshop my TTE lip on But Should i leave the License plate ON or have the holes filled and take plate OFF??

Thanks,
Kia

CAN A MOD POLL THIS FOR ME PLEASE??? With BOTH options??

Last edited by Alexus-Kia; 09-27-05 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-27-05, 10:02 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go like me. No Plate.
Old 09-27-05, 10:07 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

No plate all the way...........
Old 09-27-05, 10:33 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez I hate the fact you have to have plates up there. I would vote no pltae but you may be getting lots of crap in you don't so I'd say bite the bullet and stay with the plate unless your going to a meet, than take a chance that day. good luck its really coming along
Old 09-28-05, 02:13 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheSupe87
Do you drive around alot anytime after 11 at night in CT? If you do, I'd throw the front plate on. In CT the cops are real ****** about not having a front plate. Putting the front plate on is the law, and I hear now that pretty soon we can't even talk on our cellies without a hands free kit (100 dollar ticket) WOW.

I'm talking about the license plate, get a nice lexus chrome plate frame or something. Its not worth gettin pulled over by some pig who just ate a box of donuts, just looking for a reason to get you on something. Then you just so happen to have had a few beers within the hour, and you're screwed. COPS target nice cars, remember. I get pulled over even in my supra, and it's mad old - but nobody knows what it is, or they see a white sports car, and think oooh it's some punk kid that thinks he's slick, I'm going to give him a ticket. This one time I just put my front plate on, and then had to go thru a DUI check - the cop asked me did I have it on, I said go check - it's on there. They left me alone, after I felt like I was being interrogated, just because of the car I was in. Had 3 cops around my car.

I hate the way front plates look too, but it's not worth the drama. If you don't go out on the weekends, or drive around late at night when the cops are bored, then by all means, leave it bare...

My exact thoughts
Old 09-28-05, 04:10 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i wish i could run no plate and get away with it....here in hawaii....its soo much harder because the island is soo small and there are soo many po po lol
Old 09-28-05, 05:30 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Well if CT did not have this front plate law, it would be no plate, hands down. If the front plate is required then I would have to say stay with it.
Old 09-28-05, 06:03 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by e-diddy
No plate all the way...........
Old 09-28-05, 06:18 AM
DickLexus
Rookie

Having a front plate is the law in Connecticut at this time. Not having one gives police officers the probable cause to pull your vehicle over. I would not give them a reason too. Get a nice lexus frame and keep the plate on .

THESTUP87 is pretty harsh about cops. Just like any profession there are some bad ones but overall I feel much safer when driving in New Haven knowing cops are around. There are alot of drive-by shooting and other lawlessness and my car would probably be jacked without them.
THESTUP87 would not have do worry much with a 87 Supra.
Old 09-28-05, 07:05 AM
GeorgeGS4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The law, at least in MA, is that it has to be a numbered plate. Vanity plates dont count as a front plate and you can still be pulled over for it. Maybe CT is different, but Im pretty sure either way you may get problems....

i vote for no plate though, and just drive responsibly. I've always had my cars front-plateless and the only time ive gotten crap for it was when i was pulled over for speeding. MOST cops wont bother wasting the time if youre obeying the rules of the road....
Old 09-28-05, 07:21 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if CT is like California, find a way to put the plate on without having to drill holes (as other members here in Cali have done). getting pulled over for no plates just opens up other fix-it tickets for other mod's that police suspect (or perhaps are) not conforming to state laws. I should know...I got pulled over for not having my front plate, and they hit me for my tint too

needless to say, my front plate is on, and I havent been harrassed since.
Old 09-28-05, 09:03 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

no front plate looks better
Old 09-28-05, 09:19 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I hate the front plate, but in Illinois it's teh law...adn seems like it's the same where you are.

Keep the plate....you don't need police scoping you out giving you heat.
Old 09-28-05, 09:19 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta go with no plate.
Old 09-28-05, 09:45 AM
sfkid
Driver School Candidate

no plate...unless you are in Cali (which you aren't) cause you'll get hassled due to the photo taking and ticketing situation.

Quick Reply: Plate or No Plate