GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sales Manager threatened to call Cops on Me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-01, 09:34 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I went in for my 10,000 mile service for my GS430. I have a prepaid contract for $475.00 which covers the servicing of my car not covered under the warranty. Countyline Lexus calls me and says my car is ready. I say how late can I pick it up they said until 7:30 PM. Go and pick my car up at 7:00 PM and I see a charge for $193.56. I tell the cashier I have a service contract that I paid for that covers this. I say I want to speak to the service manager. Cashier says sorry he has gone home for the day. I said can I please speak to someone here who is in charge. She calls the Sales Manager Benny Chahal. I tell him I have a service contract that covers this. He says sorry you are going to have to pay for it now if you want to take your car. I say I have all the paper work in my car can I please go to my car and get it out. He says no! I get pissed and tear the paper work at the far right hand corner and say I refuse to pay for something I already paid coverage for. He says if you do not calm down I will call the police! I was not yelling or cursing so I think he was out of line. Then I hear another salesman named Wallace Flurw say "Why Don't You Call the Police on Him! I paid the $193.56 and they let me go out to my car and I got the paper work that shows I have prepaid for this already and showed it to them. But they told me I will have to call the service manager in the morning because there was nothing they can do without him. This is not how I feel a Lexus dealer should handle a good customer like me who has bought two cars from them in a year! I will be complaining to Lexus customer Satisfaction about this. Good thing I did not return my dealer customer survey yet!

Last edited by ceoart; 07-12-01 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-12-01, 09:45 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C,

it is time for you to find that 1800 ??? lex customer service/satisfaction number, and pay them a visit.
Old 07-12-01, 09:54 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Agree with Wil, call Lexus Customer Line and let them know what happened. Lexus tries to maintain a very high standard with their dealers. I'm sure Lexus will have a very frank discussion with the dealer; and you make get some small restitution.
Old 07-12-01, 09:54 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

That was uncalled for! They should of allowed you go to your car at least. And as far as the papers go, it is not your fault that the dealership is not as organized as it should be! That really is embarrassing. I would ask the dealership to give you something out of it at least such as a free oil change etc. That is definitely not Lexus service!
Old 07-12-01, 10:17 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

ceoart,

Sorry it happened to you. Don't forget to post in the rate your service thread in the Maintenance forum so others don't have to go through what you did.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-01, 12:30 AM
-Lexus-GS400-
Rookie

Sorry to hear that they treated you like that. I would call the customer service department up and make sure they know of this..

GOOD LUCK
Old 07-13-01, 01:41 AM
TOPSPEED
Rookie

I feel very sorry to hear you had this kind of experience. I can't believe this! I hope the Lexus service number will help you in a right and professional way.

Please let us know what happen.
Old 07-13-01, 04:03 AM
Spartan
Driver

Angry Same thing happened to me....

Guys....
The same sorts of things happen to me at Meade Lexus in MI.
They are very rude (if you read my post a week ago).
I bought the GS not only for the car but for the hope that the dealer would not be like a Ford or Chrysler dealership. I guess they are all the same. I could give a vrap about their coffee and bagels they offer you. I just want my car to be serviced in a manner with which I expect and I dont think that is to unreasonable. I have to come to not trust ANY dealerships. Lexus really needs to look into this. They may be fooling the idiots that drop their cars off and come back later and pay their big $$$ costs with no questions, but they can not fool us.
THanks
MIKE
Old 07-13-01, 06:03 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

complain to Lexus corporate. Mention to them that you will be writing an editorial in the paper regarding treatment.

remember you didn't buy a Hyundai! I would demand the a55hole's resignation to customer service if they want to keep your business.
Old 07-13-01, 06:29 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Ceoart, I can see if they asked you to just pay it now and as soon as they straighten it out in the morning they will immediately refund you the difference, but to threaten to call the police ?! I wouldn't even be happy with the free oil change and keyring, I'd be looking to get someone's a$$ canned. Forget being embarrassed, that's demoralizing. You didn't walk in off the streets, you're one of their paying customers, and most likely paid alot !! Luckily for you that they just announced that JD Powers awarded Lexus the Customer Satisfaction award again this year, remind the dealership that you will be making a major complaint to the corporate office, and keep calling until you are completely satisfied (knowing Lexus, it will be only one phonecall). Don't buckle like a belt because you feel that one person won't make a difference, believe me Lexus listens .
Old 07-13-01, 06:55 AM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would first give Lexus Corp. a call to discuss the subject with them. Second, i would contact an attorney about the mental stree that was caused by the embarassment in the dealership. Third, i would contact the owner of the dealership by certified mail and tell hime everything that went on that day. I guarantee that you will get a settlement that you are happy with. Trust me, I did this to the dealer that I bought my Jeep from.
Old 07-13-01, 11:27 AM
Kooly
Rookie

CEOART - Damn, that is absolutely ridiculous the way they treated you! I mean, that's somethign you'd expect from some.....nah never mind, you shouldn't get that kind of treatment anywhere! True, you should be treated as a valuable customer for buying two cars, but either way, all their customers should be treated with a level of respect for above what they showed you there. A similar situation happened to me when I need to get a leak fixed on my sister's ES. After the gave me a run down of the estimated costs, I asked the service manager straight out what this would cost me total. He said that it would be $500, which I said was ok, because my sister gave me a fixed limit to spend on the repairs. After, when I went to pick up the car, it was on a sunday, so I needed to get it from the Toyota service cuz lexus was closed. When I got there, they pulled up a bill for $900! I just broke out laughing, telling them there had to be a mistake. But unlike you, they didn't call the cops.....they just took an imprint of my credit card and said to come back on monday. That is what they should have done to you, instead of treating you like some crook. Of course, I got a little irrated when I got home and found that the leak still wasn't fixed, but that's another story on its own.
Old 07-13-01, 11:28 AM
Kooly
Rookie

whoops, i meant irritated
Old 07-13-01, 12:01 PM
clivej
Pole Position

Hi guys
And the moral of the story is, if you are in the right ,and you KNOW you are in the RIGHT, don't even let them suggest that will call the cops,YOU CALL THE COPS.
Old 07-13-01, 12:13 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Take a bat to the guys knees, then run.

Quick Reply: Sales Manager threatened to call Cops on Me!