GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 01:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
how do you dispute a charge when it is a "bank card" with a signiture and all"
just to clarify, bank card? what is it? atm card? if so, that's hard...

if it's credit card, you just call them up and say someone scam you and they will dispute the charge for you (as long as you have valid concern)
Old 04-06-05, 01:29 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

atm card very hard to do
Old 04-06-05, 01:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dsmart
atm card very hard to do
yeah if it's atm, then its very hard
Old 04-06-05, 08:07 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Not to rub salt in the wound, but my JDM Real Vertex kit fit perfectly - no extra fitting work was needed to 'bolt' it on. The mechanic even thought it was an OEM kit because it fit so well. Sorry for your problems/experience.
Old 04-06-05, 11:16 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Not to rub salt in the wound, but my JDM Real Vertex kit fit perfectly - no extra fitting work was needed to 'bolt' it on. The mechanic even thought it was an OEM kit because it fit so well. Sorry for your problems/experience.
I was wondering when you'd check in.

Just to confirm, the crash bar stayed in place? Thanks.
Old 04-06-05, 03:08 PM
Jugg_head
Driver

The pics of the car on the first page, where'd you get those headlights ? Me need some of that bling bling.

Thanks
Old 04-06-05, 03:13 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my crash bar modified so I would not need to remove it.

As for the cheap crap knock off kit, I would sell it on eRape for whatever you can get for it (make sure you disclose the cracks) and chalk it up as a lesson learned....buying a crap knock-off kit off eRape wasn't too "smart". I love how people buy crappy products and then cry when it actually turns out to be crap...

Here is the most important formula you'll need to learn: Quality In = Quality Out

Paint and install prices will vary a LOT depending on where you live and who you go to. The average in Los Angeles is around $1000~$1500 for paint, install and small fixes...of course, YMMV...

GammaLex - the ride is lookin' good...
Old 04-06-05, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow, was that manaray who posted here? i can't believe he's still on cl so the master has spoken

and yup, actually if you want to modify the crash bar in the front, just you need to shave off the two sides i believe
Old 04-07-05, 02:53 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, it's been nearly a year since I posted here....curious to see if the current crop of noobs have actually learned something or if they're still doing it with the "ricer" mentality (or just as worse, the "ghetto-supa-dupa-bling" mentality)...

Getting back to crash bars, you could also have one custom made for your kit...of course, that isn't going to be free...from what I remember (when my GS was getting the kit fitted), it looked like the crash bar had some function with regards to the deployment of the airbags....I might be wrong but I don't wanna mess with that. I'd rather have a modify bar there than no bar...
Old 04-07-05, 07:26 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Damn a compliment from Manaray too bad the car is stock now I always looked up to your car. I had that pic when you had the Aeros rollin on the interstate as my desktop for the longest. I always liked your front bumper with the round foglights too. Ill still be in the lexus family though. Im trying to get my hands on a 3G GS or a new LS.
Old 04-07-05, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Manaray
yes, it's been nearly a year since I posted here....curious to see if the current crop of noobs have actually learned something or if they're still doing it with the "ricer" mentality (or just as worse, the "ghetto-supa-dupa-bling" mentality)...

Getting back to crash bars, you could also have one custom made for your kit...of course, that isn't going to be free...from what I remember (when my GS was getting the kit fitted), it looked like the crash bar had some function with regards to the deployment of the airbags....I might be wrong but I don't wanna mess with that. I'd rather have a modify bar there than no bar...
you are right manaray, the car has something to do with airbag for sure. i think it compresses first. you can always get the crash bar on the aristo from japan, that will fit inside the body kits for sure

but personally i would just shave mine as well
Old 04-07-05, 10:04 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Gamma-

I still have Manaray's interstate rollin' pic as my desktop. That pic is my inspiration. Good to see you posting again Manaray
Old 04-07-05, 10:52 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Neo,

No modification or removal of the front bumper crash bar was required. The shop who installed the kit ( specifically the body shop mechanic ) thought the kit was an OEM kit, it fit so well.
Old 04-07-05, 10:58 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Neo,

No modification or removal of the front bumper crash bar was required. The shop who installed the kit ( specifically the body shop mechanic ) thought the kit was an OEM kit, it fit so well.
That is good to know. When you get a chance, can you take a pic of the front bumper from the back at the wheel well. I am interested to see how the bumper flares (or not) at the wheel. I like the front but am lukewarm on the sides and rear. I am trying to see how it might flow with something else.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-05, 11:05 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'll snap a few this weekend, Neo.

Quick Reply: GS VERTEX Kit, other bodykits put on at bodyshops etc UPDATE