GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 10:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry

Attached below please find my first draft of the GS Forced Induction Registry in PDF format. I started to gather this information some time back and just never got around to completing it. With all the new GS FI projects on CL, I thought it may be useful to pick back up and create a living document for members to share.

This registry includes all 1st gen GS300, 2nd gen GS300, GS400 and GS430 with either turbo or supercharger setups.

I tried to capture screen name, model, RWHP, RWTQ, PSI, quarter mile info and general notes on setup. If you have suggestions for other stuff to gather let me know.

----------------------------------

Apologies in advance to those I missed....I'm sure I forgot more than one or two very much unintentionally . Please either post here or PM me with details and I'll add 'em.

If you don't have adobe reader to view the PDF you can download it free here.

Click on attachment below to view

Last updated on December 1, 2004. Note there are three pages of detail, so scroll down.
Attached Files

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-01-04 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-27-04, 04:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

All you FI guys or those who have knowledge of other members who don't get on the forum often....let's get this registry up to date with correct information! Who did I miss or what info should I update?

Please either PM or reply here with further details on your setup (or if you know the 411 on somebody else's setup.
Old 11-29-04, 01:27 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Great job! I did not realize that the GS was represented on the roads so well. I should have an update for you shortly as fine tuning with the Emanage software has brought more hidden ponies.
Lee
Old 11-29-04, 08:43 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow......I had no idea that there were this many FI GS' out there!!

Dave, how bout you put that list in order from highest HP on down??? I know there are more things that judge a set up than HP, but that is always the first thing that people want to know....who has the baddest one out there. Just a thought.
Old 11-29-04, 09:01 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dave, what about the 2nd of the 4 horsemen. the kid out of fla. his name seems to excape me now. and the more i think about it, i now remember that he sold it for an E55. somebody has to know who it is......

Doc

edit.....i found him kensttgs400. i still do believe that he sold it though

Last edited by DrRick; 11-29-04 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 09:49 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was Ken.....he no longer owns the car, he did indeed sell it for a new E55 benz.

Rumor has it that Flash Gordon's car may be on the block in the near future as well......start saving your pennies fellas!!

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 11-29-04 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 09:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by DrRick
dave, what about the 2nd of the 4 horsemen. the kid out of fla. his name seems to excape me now. and the more i think about it, i now remember that he sold it for an E55. somebody has to know who it is......

Doc

edit.....i found him kensttgs400. i still do believe that he sold it though
Rick, scroll down to page two of the registry. I've got Ken captured there along with several other FI GSs that are RIP or MIA.
Old 11-29-04, 09:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Wow......I had no idea that there were this many FI GS' out there!!

Dave, how bout you put that list in order from highest HP on down??? I know there are more things that judge a set up than HP, but that is always the first thing that people want to know....who has the baddest one out there. Just a thought.
I'll absolutely do that as soon as I get 'the blanks' filled in in a little more idea . Of course that leaves filling in the blanks up to YOU . Well, not entirely, but in the end it's up to your checkbook .
Old 11-29-04, 09:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Pearlpower
Great job! I did not realize that the GS was represented on the roads so well. I should have an update for you shortly as fine tuning with the Emanage software has brought more hidden ponies.
Lee
Lee anxiously awaiting your results... something I might do as well if you see significant gains.
Old 11-29-04, 11:20 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm going to try to slip in a dyno tuesday or wednesday with the my new 2.87 pulley. Need to tune a bit more with the computer first and fine tune it at the dyno location.
Lee
Old 11-30-04, 07:48 AM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets get some 1/4 mile times on there!!!
Old 11-30-04, 08:18 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Here's mine D and CL members !!

1998 Lexus GS300

Engine : 2JZ-GTE

Engine Mods : Crower CAM, Crower Valve, 1mm Over REV Valve, Port and Polished Valve Job, 921 AREA Pistons, 20 over EAGLE Connecting Rods, Micro Polished Crank, Matched Ported Intake Manifold, BLITZ 850cc Injectors. HKS Dual BOV. Custom Spark Racing 33 X 12.5 X 3 Intercooler. 3 to 5 down pipe to straight. Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust.

Computer : 1JG-GTE ECU and E Greddy Management.

Turbos : T78R with Mitsubishi T8-H Dual ball Bearings

Drivetrain : Boost Logic Transmission with 4000K Stall Conversion. (Still Auto .. heehee)

Suspension : TEIN Coilover, Tom's Lower brace and rear brace, TRD Front upper Sway Bar, CUSCO rear upper sway bar.

Wheels : (SHOW) 20X8.5 Front and 20X10.5 Rear AutoCouture One Piece.
(STREET) 19X8.5 Front and 19X9.5 Rear Racing Hart C4.

Brakes : ROTORA 6 pistons and 4 pistons (December)

System.....Alpine Navi, CD, MP3 Player, MRV 5-Ch. Amp and 12' sub. "I just need to know where I'm heading and GOT to have that BASS". LOL.

Body Kit : Abflug Front Carbon Fiber Lower Defuser (painted in Silver), Abflug Carbon Fiber Front Grill, VIS Carbon Fiber hood, Vizase Side Skirts (Street) or Abflug Side Skirts (show), Abflug Rear Bumper, Abflug Carbon Fiber Adjustable GT Wing, 4L Rear Roof Spolier, L-Tuned Trunk Lip. Clear Inner Light Lenses.

Interior : MOMO Steering Wheel, MOMO Shift ****, Sabelt 4 point Harness, Blitz gauges and other electronic meters, Auto Meter, Roll Cage (In December), NOS Bottle w/ Purge Kit.

Weight Reduction : No Back Seat, Empty out the trunk, no air bags.....hm... that's about it !!

Future Plans : RECARO Seats, Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid, Carbon Fiber Front Fenders

Well.... that's all I can think of right at this point. Let me add more later, if there's any !!! Thanks D and let me know what you think guyz.
Thanks
JAY

BTW, Dyno'd at 489hp without the Boost Logic Tranny. (Couldn't hold !!) I will post later with my new tranny.

Last edited by Jay; 11-30-04 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 08:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Jay

BTW, Dyno'd at 489hp without the Boost Logic Tranny. (Couldn't hold !!) I will post later with my new tranny.
VERY nice (not just the dyno) Jay! Thanks for the update info too!

Is the 489hp at the crank or wheel? What kind of TQ numbers? I assume wheel with all that stuff you listed but want to be sure

Edit - also what kind of boost are you pushing? and with or without Nitrous since I see you have a bottle too

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-30-04 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 08:27 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Thanks D

"At The Wheel" horse power that is !!!

I'm not 100% sure with the boost, but it was closer to 1 bar !!

NOS bottle is for "show" purpose and to cool my intercooler down purpose. (hooked up to Intercooler, front mount type)

Thanks

Jay

Last edited by Jay; 11-30-04 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 08:19 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jay
Here's mine D and CL members !!

1998 Lexus GS300

Engine : 2JZ-GTE

Engine Mods : Crower CAM, Crower Valve, 1mm Over REV Valve, Port and Polished Valve Job, 921 AREA Pistons, 20 over EAGLE Connecting Rods, Micro Polished Crank, Matched Ported Intake Manifold, BLITZ 850cc Injectors. HKS Dual BOV. Custom Spark Racing 33 X 12.5 X 3 Intercooler. 3 to 5 down pipe to straight. Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust.

Computer : 1JG-GTE ECU and E Greddy Management.

Turbos : T78R with Mitsubishi T8-H Dual ball Bearings

Drivetrain : Boost Logic Transmission with 4000K Stall Conversion. (Still Auto .. heehee)

Wow, I think i just found my hero. I am DEFINITELY going single turbo in 2005.

Quick Reply: DRAFT GS Forced Induction Registry