GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bad day for the Lex....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-04, 10:39 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad day for the Lex....

Hey guys... Got into an accident today on the 5 fwy and had to have the Lexus towed. This damn SUV slammed the brakes and I was not able to stop in time... No airbag deployment or windhield damage. I am also fine. Mostly front end damage, so now will have to have the repairs done. Insurance will cover, but want to do my homework. Can you give me some sources for OEM body parts, driver's side front fender, hood, and bumper are the only three body parts damaged. Also will need radiator, and other parts in the engine. I have not yet assesed the total damage, but I am sure will need some other parts in the engine. The car drove for about 2 miles then just lost power. At that point, had to almost force shifter into park . I am guessing that the loss of trasmission and other fluids, and sensors caused the loss of power. I was able to steer as there apprears to be no frame suspension damage. Can anyone guesstimate on the cost of these parts OEM and sources. I have thought about Steve at Carson. Also, what are the diferences with OEM and aftermarket body parts. Worth the money and cost?? Will post a pic so you all can cringe.

Thanks,
Rock
Old 11-21-04, 03:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your accident, Rock. Can't help on the repair front but you've got tons of good CL buds in California to help you out. Good luck.
Old 11-21-04, 08:28 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man whats going on around here

making me nervous

im glad to hear evryone is ok
Old 11-21-04, 08:41 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's never fun to be in an accident. Glad to hear you are OK though. Hit up Carson for those OEM parts.
Old 11-21-04, 09:10 AM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that. I can completely understand because that's pretty much what happened to me a week ago. The repair shop confirmed that it's all cosmetic on mine with no mechanical damage whatsoever. They've already torn down the front and, as soon as all the parts come in they'll reassemble, realign, and I'll have it back.

Good luck getting it repaired to your liking!
Scott
Old 11-21-04, 10:02 AM
FRENCHIE
Driver

at least your alive and well, thats the important thing!!!
Old 11-21-04, 10:53 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Unhappy

Not another one ! Glad you are well. Atleast this gives you a reason for a bodykit.
Old 11-22-04, 01:47 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Bad day for the Lex....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rockero28
Hey guys... Got into an accident today on the 5 fwy and had to have the Lexus towed. This damn SUV slammed the brakes and I was not able to stop in time... No airbag deployment or windhield damage. I am also fine. Mostly front end damage, so now will have to have the repairs done. Insurance will cover, but want to do my homework. Can you give me some sources for OEM body parts, driver's side front fender, hood, and bumper are the only three body parts damaged. Also will need radiator, and other parts in the engine. I have not yet assesed the total damage, but I am sure will need some other parts in the engine. The car drove for about 2 miles then just lost power. At that point, had to almost force shifter into park . I am guessing that the loss of trasmission and other fluids, and sensors caused the loss of power. I was able to steer as there apprears to be no frame suspension damage. Can anyone guesstimate on the cost of these parts OEM and sources. I have thought about Steve at Carson. Also, what are the diferences with OEM and aftermarket body parts. Worth the money and cost?? Will post a pic so you all can cringe.

Thanks,
Rock
[/QUOTE

ROck sorry to hear about your accident.. I know how u feel. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hmm IF i were you i'll have the insurance company cover all da damage. Also make sure the body shop you're using will use all OEM parts. If for some reasons your insurance company only covers for aftermarket parts i'll talk to da owner of the body repair shop to use all OEM parts and pay for the difference. Aftermarket body parts made from china has poor fitting quality. Lines wont align perfect and sometimes wont fit right. Good luck and hope to see your baby back to normal!!

Tommy]
Old 11-22-04, 01:57 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to heard that.....
I still have the front bumper cover, hood, and grille........let me know if u need them
Old 11-22-04, 02:02 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Talking Aweee shucks!!!

Thanks alot guys... If you all lived near by I would invite you over for thanksgiving.. I really appreciate all the well wishes... I hope I get my car back soon. Just looking at it all messed up in the front, I realize how sometimes we take things for granted... Not thinking twice about things... But I will rebuild, bigger, better, fater than it was before.... Ok, sorry... it was from the bionic man.... Hehehehhehee. But you all know what I mean right? But what do you all think about the paint?? Should I just go ahead and redo the paint completely or am I gonna regret that? I am pretty much planning on keeping it now. If I don't, I am sure it will stay in the family...

Thanks,
Rock
Old 11-22-04, 08:04 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but thankfully everyone is okay. Good luck with the repairs....
Old 11-22-04, 01:33 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. What type of SUV? I wonder if it was your slow reaction/poor judgement or maybe for some reason, he had a much better brake system than the GS.

Now, how is it going to work w/the insurance company? Do you have full coverage? If not, I don't know how much you'll get from the SUV owner's insurance because if you rear-end someone it's almost always your fault.

Like everyone else said, make sure you get OEM or good quality aftermarket products. Glad you didn't get hurt in the accident.
Old 11-22-04, 02:34 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel your pain brotha
Old 11-22-04, 03:03 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default accident

Well, it most certainly was her fault and she said so. She was distracted and looked up to see brakelights and slammed the brakes,. It was an SUV with a hitch. Her insurance is going to pay for my car from what I underdtand. She made the claim, although nothing.... nothing happened to her truck. She gave me all her info, didn't ask for mine, and made the claim. I called her insurance and she had made the claim. They told me there would be an adjuster coming to my house in the next 2 days to look at the car..... I have never had this experinece. Can you all shed a bit of light? What that means to me? These are facts:

1. She admitted it was her fault, before I even said anything
2. She said her insurance would cover it
3. She had no damage what's so ever
4. She gave me all her insurance info, didn't ask for mine
5. All the damage was on my car..
6. She made the calim
7. I called and she had done the claim, was told there would be an adjuster coming to see the car

What do you all think??? Am I clear? Oh, and there was no police report.

Rock
Old 11-22-04, 03:35 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident, but why did you drive the car afterwards? Hopefully, you didn't do any internal damage to it.

Good luck with the repairs.

Ed

Quick Reply: Bad day for the Lex....