GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

**GS430 kompressor/Supercharged!**

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-04, 11:14 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

We should get together one of these days at Rage for a dyno. They only charge 50.00 bucks a run.
I am going to get mine dyno's and a little tuning since I think I tuned it pretty close. Then install the 2.87 pulley and look for an increase (hopefully). I ordered the pulley weeks ago from RMM and was told yesterday that Vortec cancelled the order-yet no body knows why. Should be in and machined by the end of the week.

What computer did they install on your setup?

Lee
Old 10-25-04, 11:18 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Pearlpower
We should get together one of these days at Rage for a dyno. They only charge 50.00 bucks a run.
I am going to get mine dyno's and a little tuning since I think I tuned it pretty close. Then install the 2.87 pulley and look for an increase (hopefully). I ordered the pulley weeks ago from RMM and was told yesterday that Vortec cancelled the order-yet no body knows why. Should be in and machined by the end of the week.

What computer did they install on your setup?

Lee
hey LEe
XS installed their custom computer which i dont know what brand it is....yeh definately we should get together one of these days, i will give you a call this friday or something just to meet up =)
Old 10-26-04, 05:37 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kond of numbers are you getting now with it being tuned?
Old 10-26-04, 05:47 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by kyle3481
ok now, the car is putting out 335.6 rwhp and 305.9 rwTQ. the engine starter system fails so i have to get it fixed..(what a good time.... ) other than that the car is running fine. i have to get it finely tuned one more time though.

i have the smaller pulley 3.12 with the bigger injector, besides that i have nothing else for performance mods on my car.

any suggestions ??? my goal is to hit 360 rwHP and 340 rwTQ. LSD or TC will help???

You should be able to hit your goal with the 2.87 pulley and by the way vortech has a 2.65 pulley but it does require slight machining to make it fit. It may also be too small for the setup and reduce the power output. I am still working out some issues with the 2.65, initially it did result in a power loss for me but the loss may have been contributed to other items. I am currently trying to rule out those items.

Also slippage will probably be a problem with the 2.65 pulley.
Old 10-26-04, 10:13 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Question for all FI/SuperChared California Guys:

Who do you pass your next smog check with this setup?
Old 10-26-04, 10:49 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

No comment

The other way would be to remove the blower/injector setup. Intercooler can stay in the same spot. This will pass the visual.
Old 10-26-04, 10:54 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by morris
You should be able to hit your goal with the 2.87 pulley and by the way vortech has a 2.65 pulley but it does require slight machining to make it fit. It may also be too small for the setup and reduce the power output. I am still working out some issues with the 2.65, initially it did result in a power loss for me but the loss may have been contributed to other items. I am currently trying to rule out those items.

Also slippage will probably be a problem with the 2.65 pulley.
hey morris, thanks
so the vortech sells the smaller size pulley yeh? what are the sizes though? besides the 2.87 nad 2.65, but do they fit on our supercharger systems? which pulley are you running now?
also they have lots of upgrades too such as the Fuel management unit, and tons other upgrades.
Old 10-26-04, 12:05 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

hey morris, thanks
so the vortech sells the smaller size pulley yeh? what are the sizes though? besides the 2.87 nad 2.65, but do they fit on our supercharger systems? which pulley are you running now?
also they have lots of upgrades too such as the Fuel management unit, and tons other upgrades.
You can get the 2.87 from RMM directly, they will in turn get it from Vortech and machine it prior to sending it to you. Or you can order either pulley direct from Vortech and machine down the neck a few mm.

Rmm does not have the 2.65 so that has to come from Vortech. I have both but am using the 2.87 right now. The 2.65 was slipping on my setup, it may or may not slip on yours. In fact I am going to sell the 2.65 and move to a cogged setup, my goal is to get to 500-550 at the rear wheels and slippage will definitely be an issue at the required boost levels. Plus moving to a cogged setup will yield a pound or two in higher boost than the standard pulley of the same size, at least that is what I am told and have heard.

The down side is that I am the guinea pig for the cogged setup so it will be several hundred dollars for the custom machine work since I will have to essentially change all 3 pulleys and maybe the idler in the setup.

My SAFC is doing fine for the fuel managment so I will stay with it as long as I can. I have heard that the standalone systems can have a negative effect on throttle response so I am not real anxious to move to it.
Old 10-26-04, 09:30 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

so have you guys run at the track for the 1/4 time???? any numbers? or any estimates on the 0 to 60mph time also?
Old 10-27-04, 07:38 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

so have you guys run at the track for the 1/4 time???? any numbers? or any estimates on the 0 to 60mph time also?
None for me, as it happens though SELOC is trying to arrange a track day in November so I may have a chance to see how it runs.
Old 11-03-04, 01:11 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

guys the car runs perfect now!!! during the cold start the idling isnt that bad either, of couse a bit rougher than stock but it totally feel different!!! the acceleration is very good!!! havnt had chance to run my friend's M3 yet , but he rode on my car and he thinks the GS is same or a bit faster than the M3, only that the GS tranny has a bit lag......guess im gonna do the Level 10 Torque converter mod soon =)
Old 11-03-04, 09:45 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys the car runs perfect now!!! during the cold start the idling isnt that bad either, of couse a bit rougher than stock but it totally feel different!!! the acceleration is very good!!! havnt had chance to run my friend's M3 yet , but he rode on my car and he thinks the GS is same or a bit faster than the M3, only that the GS tranny has a bit lag......guess im gonna do the Level 10 Torque converter mod soon =)
Good to hear Andrew!!!
Old 11-03-04, 10:09 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Pearlpower
No comment

The other way would be to remove the blower/injector setup. Intercooler can stay in the same spot. This will pass the visual.
"No Comment"

I love that. It's all good if you know some one that can help you pass smog. Wink. Wink.

The fun part will be selling the car.

Which basicaly means spending a SH_T load of $$$$ to return it back to stock.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm
"Evidence of a current smog certification must be provided by a seller except when transfer occurs between a spouse, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of issuance.
Old 11-03-04, 01:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

level 10 tq conveter? they have one? i thought PI is the only one

anyway, congrats man. so what's the power number now?
Old 11-03-04, 02:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sorry to be late to the party, big congrats! Nice job adding it to the 430

Quick Reply: **GS430 kompressor/Supercharged!**