GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-01, 08:58 AM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
Charonne,

You'd put some Carlsson Evolutions on a new E500? Are you single? I think I love you.

Seriously though, any woman/girl that looks at a new car and says that she'd slap some phat rims on it is THE BOMB. You've GOTTA love that!
DOWN BOY!!!

Seriously, Thank you - I take that as a compliment! But let's be honest here, a good set of rims is like a cool pair of shoes - You need them if you want to look good!!!!

C.
Old 04-20-01, 09:11 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what it is, but there is something in particularly the e-class that makes it look VERY UGLY.

The C-Class is like a mini S-class, I don't like it, but atleast it isn't ugly !

Also, since you guys seem to be able to point out the flaws of MBs well, I am interested in a 2000 S500, can you name flaws of it? Just so that I am a well informed buyer.

I know I could get a brand new LS430 for the price of a used S500, but I still like the 2000 S500. Lots of neat little features, driving that car gives you more of a corporate look and it is comfortable, even though its not really as quiet a ride as the new LS. Also, I am asking these questions for me dad, its him who is going to be driving it, but we both like it.
Old 04-20-01, 09:16 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Gotta admit with manaray about any lady putting on rims in her car has gotta be cool !

I am surprised really to see a lady interested in cool rims and even shoes (were you talking about dressy shoes or were you talking about what I think you were talking about, nike/new balance/jordan shoes?)

Also, manaray, I read something you said about sponsorship helping you out or you helping them out something like that, what was that all about?
Old 04-20-01, 01:43 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Charonne - it was definitely a compliment!

Nanotech - I've been in the import industry for a while now (not working in the industry, but being involved). Over time, I've made a lot of friends who work for all sorts of companies...through the hook-ups, I got hooked up. Almost everything on my car is through some sort of sponsorship program (not everything though).

My GS is going to be in nearly every Cali car show under someone's umbrella....I've already recieved a few requests to have the car in booths for certain vendors...

If I had a more "hook-upable" car, I could have gotten almost everything for free (full sponsorship)...GS stuff is kinda hard to get cuz most of it is JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) which means it all needs to be imported...

My car doesn't really have much on it but people like it cuz it clean..

Anyways, I'm off, I'll see ya guys in a week! I may be able to check in every now and then but we'll see how it goes...later!
Old 04-20-01, 02:40 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Originally posted by nanotech
I am surprised really to see a lady interested in cool rims and even shoes (were you talking about dressy shoes or were you talking about what I think you were talking about, nike/new balance/jordan shoes?)
Any kind of shoes....... sneakers (Adidas "Superstars" my favorite), mules, platforms, high heels etc.
My hubby calls me Imelda (Marcos), because I probably have about 40 pairs of shoes in my closet!!!! Love them. If I see a pair that catches my eye - gotta have 'em!!!!

Manaray: Thanks

C.
Old 04-20-01, 04:01 PM
KKelly
Lead Lap

You can buy a 500E right now. 92-94 and they run the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds stock. They were the main competitor to my M5 in the early 90's. A touch faster than my car but didn't handle as well. BTW guys and gals, that is why the GS400 was not so earth shattering when introduced years later.
Old 04-20-01, 11:41 PM
SNP

Default Hey KKelly

Hey KKelly,

Damn...I thought we kicked you out a long time ago. Nice to see you back on our backs. So when you gonna get rid of that pile or crap. Just Kidding. Glad to see some of the original members of ClubLex have still hung around...even the non-lex owners. Keep up the posts.

S. Patel
Old 04-24-01, 11:28 AM
KKelly
Lead Lap

I am going to keep it and likely restore it after it hits 200k. The car is too much fun and you know, they just don't make em like that anymore. I don't want a car with GPS because I speed like a bandit and I think it is a matter of time before insurance companies start tracking us with those things.

There is something still satisfying about pulling on cars ten years newer, with variable this and that, and having a car that makes noise without adding aftermarket parts.
Old 04-24-01, 11:33 AM
KKelly
Lead Lap

[IMG] [/IMG]