GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The GS's Last Event - Driftnation And Lapping - Pics And Vid

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-04, 02:59 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The GS's Last Event - Driftnation And Lapping - Pics And Vid

There it is boys! An amazing 6 years it was - the GS has finally retired. Its not smashed or anything dont worry - all i mean is that it finished its last event, and most likely wont see the circuit again, not with me behind the wheel anyways.

We left at 8am to go to Mosport International Raceway, a circuit about 1 hour away from Toronto, to the skidpad, where Driftnation (driftnation.com) was holding a Drift Lesson. I'm going to these lessons in hopes to become an instructor. Originally i was going to drive my white S13, we all know what happened to that, and then my black S14, but thats still being worked on, so i decided to take the GS for one last "victory lap"

I love that GS so much guys... oh man, its not even funny. Some of you might watch the vids and see the pictures and be like what is this kid doing to this poor lex!! But i swear, she loves it, and never gave up on me! I think all of you guys should try your cars out on the track at least once, its the greatest feeling in the world for any true car guy. The thing did stuff i didnt think possible - donuts even though it has an open diff, and it ran the gymhana course like a man, even though the diff is open its automatic and almost 4000lbs...

After the drift nation, we drove an hour to Shannonville Motorsports Park, where the local 240sx group was having a lapping day on the Fabi circuit. I signed up of course thinking i would have my 240, but the GS had my S14 wheels on (w/ michelin pilot sports) so technically its a Nissan right? The GS did just AWSOME at the track.. the brake fade wasn't too bad, the brakes were great for the first 2-3 laps, after that they started to fade, and for the next 10 laps or so they just stayed at a constant faded point, which was actually quite manageable and not THAT bad. After that the brakes overheated and I had to pit. I was keeping up with an E36 M3... i'll tell you guys it was close. I woulda had him if i had just a bit more power, or a bit more seat time!! He walked me like no ones buisness on the straights, but in the braking zones and on the corner exits I was walking on him!!

I later got blackflagged for drifting on the circuit and had to come in, to be yelled at.. that was the only downpoint of the whole day... I guess those guys really didnt want people drifting at the circuit, oh well

Around 8.30 pm, we headed home, surely not to forget the last day of this beautiful car, I just wanted to maek this post to kinda commemerate this car, cause she really did take a beating, and it was quite a funny way of things, my mom owning the car and me modding it, and finally being able to drive it, its now my brothers car, so he'll be pimping it out for a bit then it will be sold.

So anyways guys, here are pics and videos, there are no videos from lapping at shannonville because the camera battery died, sorry!

The Video (Rough Copy - Quality Kinda Sucks):

~40MB
http://www.sequence-garage.com/drift.mpg

Old 05-17-04, 03:02 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

nice pics

seems like you had a helluva time

Old 05-17-04, 03:32 PM
Lvangundy

Sasha! You're a pretty good driver!

I'd love to take driving lessons or spend time on the track..long time fantasy.
Old 05-17-04, 07:24 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice video, you throw that GS around pretty nicely.
Old 05-17-04, 08:07 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Nice sasha! Best of luck to u in becomming an instructor
Old 05-18-04, 12:00 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Surprised there's not that much response to this thread.

Nobody has done as much as Sasha has with a GS300 -- Hell, not many people can drive a GS like Sasha period! Amazing as usual. I'm sad that this might be the last we see of the green grasshopper in "action" -- Maybe you're brother will keep the GS in commission

More pics of the event at Sequence Garage:
http://www.sequence-garage.com/forum...?showtopic=211

Old 05-18-04, 08:39 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Sasha, I have to say that you were one of the first people I ran across when I joined CL back in 2001 and it is unreal to see someone get so much performance and longevity out of the GS!!! Your mom has to be so freakin cool to let you run this thing the way you have over the years. Sorry about the S13, that just plain sucked. Hope all goes well for you.

Eric
Old 05-18-04, 08:44 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Killer! I have often wondered what it would be like to drift a GS...

Back in the early 90s, I would drift my MR2 before I was about to replace the tires. I figured it was a good way to learn about car control- those were tha days. Have some neat video someplace... most people don't know how hard it is to drift an MR2!

I showed this video to a couple of the guys here at the office... between us, we have a GS400 (me), 240SX (S14- Chuck), an NSX (Alan), and M5 (Evan), an AW11 MR2 (me), and an AE86 Corolla hatchback (my brother- okay, okay, not in this office). Rear-wheel drive RULES!!!
Old 05-18-04, 09:36 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Great pics, you are one hell of a driver...!
Old 05-18-04, 12:34 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

That's some pretty snazzy maneuvering....great work, bud!!
Old 05-18-04, 01:26 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

nice work...cool to see a GS handle/maneuver like that...of course it demos good driving skills too.
jd
Old 05-18-04, 01:55 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

that GS looks soo out of place because its soo big compare to the other cars. NICE WORK THOUGH
Old 05-18-04, 02:01 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

just watched the video and i must admit you were probly the best driver there considering you have an automatic? gs. What mods do you have besides lowered? that's some serious power to be donuts on an automatic.
Old 05-18-04, 04:26 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

thanks for the compliments guys!

haha yea i know what you mean about how hard it is to drift an MR2, i had an SW before my S13 and it was nutty...

The car has TEIN HAs and a greddy exhaust.. its a GS3, thats it
Old 05-18-04, 04:45 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sweet vid Looks like you had a lot of fun, and...nice driving

Quick Reply: The GS's Last Event - Driftnation And Lapping - Pics And Vid