GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New OEM spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-04, 07:43 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New OEM spoiler

okay, i was looking around for some spoilers, and i noticed a new one on a GS driving around, it is not mounted teh way the current ones are, it is mounted with out a gap between the mounting area, and spoiler it self,

see this has a gap

and the new one does not, you know where i could find one like that
Old 05-16-04, 07:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

You mean like this one?

CL member KVA's Sportdesign spoiler

Old 05-17-04, 02:56 AM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

no not that one, sorry, iguess i wasnt clear about it, i was talking about where the spoiler actually mounts to the trunk where the two bolts get screwed in. right where those bolts get screwed in thre is about a 1/2 gap that hanges over the edge of the trunk so it will be over the rear quarter pannel, the one is saw had no gap and was directly on the trunk,

by the way, is your car lowered, it looks nice, i think its the black one right, iwas looking thorough you pictures, what have to done to it, it looks nice,
Old 05-17-04, 06:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by GSspeed
no not that one, sorry, iguess i wasnt clear about it, i was talking about where the spoiler actually mounts to the trunk where the two bolts get screwed in. right where those bolts get screwed in thre is about a 1/2 gap that hanges over the edge of the trunk so it will be over the rear quarter pannel, the one is saw had no gap and was directly on the trunk,

by the way, is your car lowered, it looks nice, i think its the black one right, iwas looking thorough you pictures, what have to done to it, it looks nice,
There are different varieties of OEM spoilers, take a look at these two threads for lots of spoiler pics that will better explain it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=118719
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=109193

On my GS, yes it's black.
Click here for lots of pics (my gallery)
Click here for a list of most of the stuff I have done to it
Old 05-17-04, 07:12 AM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

excelent job with the car,
nice mods,
clean, yet noticable,
thanks for all the info on the spoilers, i guess OEM is the way to go as far as spoilers, but stil could not find out where to get the ones that dont mount over the trunk only,

where would you advise me to get a spoiler other than the dealer, a good quality one,
i dont think www.spoilerdepot.com would be a good one because its replica stuff, so let me know thanks.

Last edited by GSspeed; 05-17-04 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-17-04, 07:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Depending where you are in CA, I'd say you have a pretty good shot at trading your deck lid with another member who has an OEM spoiler and wants to remove it (or to put on another type of spoiler like the sportdesign or RMM).

You might want to post a WTT (want to trade) in the marketplace classifieds and let folks know what color your GS is and where you live.
Old 05-17-04, 07:27 AM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

thanks ill do that, good idea,
i currently dont have one, but im in the market of getting one, so ill need to post a request in the WTT forum
thanks again.
but would i be asking for an OEM style or ?????

but some people have that angle problem with the spoiler, so i dont want that prob either, so how should i be doing this ..
Old 05-17-04, 07:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by GSspeed
thanks ill do that, good idea,
i currently dont have one, but im in the market of getting one, so ill need to post a request in the WTT forum
thanks again.
but would i be asking for an OEM style or ?????

but some people have that angle problem with the spoiler, so i dont want that prob either, so how should i be doing this ..
Just post the WTT and see what people have, most will have OEM. Let them know you'd like to look at their spoiler / deck in person (and vice versa) first - you'd prefer not to have one with an 'angle'.

Suggest you post a pic of yours if you can.