GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Milestone 2 (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 12:14 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Milestone 2

It's been about 2 years since I started modding my car. This GS300 was actually my wife's car. It was her turn for a new car in 98 and the GS was the only one she wanted. Of course she did not think she would need a V8. When it was my turn, I was eyeing a new E46 M3. As it would have it though, my family was also growing and we knew we needed a larger vehicle. I gave up my turn and she got an 02 MDX. I, in turn, decided to see what can be done with the GS. I actually found CL before this point but did not
see much happening in the aftermarket arena in 2000-2001. When I came back, the market had grown just a little. The guys who are coming onto the scene now don't know how lucky they are with the choices available. Anyway, my car is the Bronze color and I was not sure how it would look fixed up. Here, I would have to give props to ErickG since seeing his car gave me the boost I needed to start on my car.

Still, when I first started, I did not plan on getting that serious with the modding. I had modest goals. I quickly gathered some info and within a few months, had the L-tuned ECU, shocks/springs, 18" OZ Salina wheels, and TRD Racing f/r sway bars installed. I was playing it very safe and liked the idea that the parts are still under warranty since I had everything installed at the dealership. I thought I was done. On looking back, that was Milestone 1.

I have added and removed a few things since then and have fond memories of experiencing all the joys, frustration, excitement, discoveries, late nights, sleep deprivations, blackened and cutup hands, arms, and various other body parts, ... well, you get the idea. CL is a curse and a godsend at the same time. I have learned so much and have tried to give back as much as I could. I've met so many great people far and near that have had positive contributions to my life. My pocketbook is not so happy but we all know how that feels.

I told myself that after the brakes go on, this would be a nice milestone to stop and enjoy the car. With HIN coming on the heels of that install, I have not had much time to stop to enjoy the break from modding until now. Finally with some time, I'd thought I'd share a few pics of the car. I'm not as quick as some
of you and is not as deep pocketed but I do like the direction the car is heading and am very happy with it so far.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank a few people, namely (in no particular order) Todd (TM Engineering), Steve (Carson), Mike (PLP), and the NorCal family. They all have contributed and worked on
the car in one way or another. There are also a number of CL members whom I've interacted with over time but I'd rather not start singling names since I will for sure leave a few out. Besides, you guys know who you are.

Here's to the completion of Milestone 3, whenever that may be.
Old 05-03-04, 12:16 AM
Neo
The One

Old 05-03-04, 12:27 AM
Neo
The One

Last edited by Neo; 05-03-04 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 12:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: Milestone 2

Originally posted by Neo

Still, when I first started, I did not plan on getting that serious with the modding. I had modest goals. I quickly gathered some info and within a few months, had the L-tuned ECU, shocks/springs, 18" OZ Salina wheels, and TRD Racing f/r sway bars installed. I was playing it very safe and liked the idea that the parts are still under warranty since I had everything installed at the dealership. I thought I was done. On looking back, that was Milestone 1.
tell me neo, tell me, who didn't start out that way

"wifey, the gs4 is nice, we should keep it, but i dont't think we should mod it much. lower it, get some 19s, get hid kits, and we should be done!" -- june 2001

"wifey, what have we done... we have brakes, 20s, real hid, body kits, full suspension... and we still need to get audio, tc, lsd, argh!!!!!!" -- may 2004

boy, it never works out!

oh btw, neo, i love the hid headlights!
Old 05-03-04, 01:11 AM
Neo
The One

Default Re: Re: Milestone 2

Originally posted by rominl
tell me neo, tell me, who didn't start out that way

"wifey, the gs4 is nice, we should keep it, but i dont't think we should mod it much. lower it, get some 19s, get hid kits, and we should be done!" -- june 2001

"wifey, what have we done... we have brakes, 20s, real hid, body kits, full suspension... and we still need to get audio, tc, lsd, argh!!!!!!" -- may 2004

boy, it never works out!

oh btw, neo, i love the hid headlights!
Haha. As for the HIDs, you know who I have to thank there.
Old 05-03-04, 01:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Milestone 2

Originally posted by Neo
Haha. As for the HIDs, you know who I have to thank there.
just make sure you don't tell people where it's from
Old 05-03-04, 04:15 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Milestone 2

Originally posted by rominl
just make sure you don't tell people where it's from
AHA!!! Here I am thinking it was controlled substances that Rominl peddled to get mod money, thats not it, he runs a HID CRIMERING!!! LOL Lookout men, paid off cops, the whole bit!! LOL

Hey Neo very nice post man, you always make very useful contributions to this site, rather than come on and post "thats great", "thats sucks", or "lookey what I got, I won't be back until I get something else"!! LOL

Something tells me Milestone 3 will be upon us a little faster than 2 though! Looking forward to it, to you.
Old 05-03-04, 05:04 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Car looks great! I think you are an extremely valuable member of this board because of the feedback and comments you give on virtually any topic to do with modding our babies! Just as D said, you don't just say "looks good" or "I'm doing that too" etc.

Keep up the modding when you can and be sure to let us know.

I got into a similar financial situation as you early this year and even though have done some mods this year - I really bought all the mods last year when I still had two jobs going. I can't do any more mods for a while now until my financial situation improves.
Old 05-03-04, 05:11 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

chris

the car looks really really classy and sporty.. you have done really nice work with it.. as all the others have said this forum is very addictive and costly but hey you cant take it with you and i sure aint leaving all of it for my 4 kids to fight over (my wife is a paralegal in wills and estates admin and we have seen our fair share of disputes amonst families , money what a evil curse)

back on topic , chris is that the veilside exc rear spoiler i see their
Old 05-03-04, 05:17 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by lexforlife
but hey you cant take it with you and i sure aint leaving all of it for my 4 kids to fight over (my wife is a paralegal in wills and estates admin and we have seen our fair share of disputes amonst families , money what a evil curse)

back on topic , chris is that the veilside exc rear spoiler i see their
thats funny as hell man, let the kids make their own Mod money eh? LOL Kids are funny as well when they are not being spoiled brats.

I think thats the Win spoiler on Neos ride.
Old 05-03-04, 05:47 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I love that color Neo! The car looks amazing. You have done well. Good luck on reaching milestone 3 whatever that may be lol.
Old 05-03-04, 06:29 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Neo what can i say that hasn't been said? i've seen u help many members myself included when u didn't have 2 and that means a lot people like u bring love 2 the site and thats what its all about from cally, 2 texas, 2 canada ,2 northeast and down 2 the south. a lot of great guys on this board...keep it up congrats...now can we get some day pics up close and personal with the brakes
Old 05-03-04, 08:30 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Car looks great. I echo the sentiments posted earlier...when are those new rims coming
Old 05-03-04, 08:51 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neo- Are you in the Sacramento area? I saw a GS just like yours last week by Arden Fair Mall. Anyways, nice clean car. I just got mine and want to keep the mods reasonable... lol.
Old 05-03-04, 09:06 AM
Neo
The One

Thanks for the love guys. Right back at 'cha.

D, I'm trying to take a break but these NorCal birdies keep whispering in my ear, especially one persistent one. I'll give you one guess who that one is.

Lexis11, I'm already thinking about Milestone 3. The problem is I really only have big things left. I'm not sure how to plan out the spending. As you can see, I'm still with the stock rear bumper since I cannot yet decide to go with a safe replacement like the L-Sportline or go crazy and replace the whole kit. Then there's wheels, Nav, and FI. The sad thing is that none of these are 3-digit (price) mods.

Hameed, I share your pain.

Ed, Like D said, it is the Win Racing Spoiler so we won't have similar looking exterior mods.

Adrian, I posted pics of the brakes in another thread, I think 1SickLex's "Show your brakes" thread. I will take more once I have a different set of shoes to wrap around those brakes. I'm still trying what wheels though to best make use of my funds.

KVA, I'm working on it.

svt5150, I'm in NorCal but not in the Sac area. I do have family up there and visit from time to time but not last week. I hope that one did not have similar mods.

In case any of you are interested in the current state of my car, check here for specs:

http://www.lexusgonewild.com/rides/pages/Neo.shtml

If you look, you will also find relatively current info on the other NorCal guys.

Quick Reply: Milestone 2 (PICS)