GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Very Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-15, 06:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
I'm lost on the panels being out of whack. That's not a little transport boo-boo.
Its the repair itself not being done well, the bumper was likely misaligned when it was reinstalled.
Old 06-28-15, 10:16 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
Why does a simple thread dealing with someone's problem or disappointment with a car and how to deal with it always end up in a contest of egos? It sounds like a high school debate gone bad.
That's why someone had to go to LS because the ego is out the roof and wouldn't fit in previous vehicle. Unbelievable the Moderator doesn't come in and stop all these shenanigans. For some one to feel the need to list their degree's etc should say enough. I for one who is in my mid 50's don't ever see need on this forum to talk about some accomplishment 32 yrs ago.

FWIW , absolutely he should ask to see if they will give new veh. Start with Corp, at least they can make sure it doesn't happen again with either of the dealerships that may have been involved and will go on record.
good luck to OP!!
Old 06-28-15, 11:07 AM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Disappointed

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
FWIW , absolutely he should ask to see if they will give new veh. Start with Corp, at least they can make sure it doesn't happen again with either of the dealerships that may have been involved and will go on record.
good luck to OP!!
Thanks!

I think what I've decided to do is give corporate two options.

1. Replace the vehicle with one equipped the same or with one with more options.

2. Repair my vehicle (dealership still honors the clear bra), and take $10,000 of my residual when I go to buy it out. Yes, the vehicle is leased, which shouldn't matter to the dealerships or corporate, but I plan on buying it out regardless, and yes, $10,000 is a lot, but you always start high then come down, unless they agree to $10k

I'm willing to negotiate a fair outcome.
Old 06-28-15, 11:50 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

Sounds reasonable. But, if the vehicle becomes undesirable to purchase at the end of the lease (maybe a mechanical money pit or gets totaled in an accident) your $10,000 discount is gone. Perhaps modify that segment of negotiation with the option of a new vehicle purchase rebate or discount ( in writing of course). I'm on your side and am impressed that you're being creative.
Old 06-28-15, 12:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD3
Thanks!

I think what I've decided to do is give corporate two options.

1. Replace the vehicle with one equipped the same or with one with more options.

2. Repair my vehicle (dealership still honors the clear bra), and take $10,000 of my residual when I go to buy it out. Yes, the vehicle is leased, which shouldn't matter to the dealerships or corporate, but I plan on buying it out regardless, and yes, $10,000 is a lot, but you always start high then come down, unless they agree to $10k

I'm willing to negotiate a fair outcome.
They're not going to do either of those things most likely. The lease residual is the purview of LFS, LFS is run separately from the dealership and Lexus corporate, they're not going to take the hit. Giving you a new car is going to require the dealer to buy your car back at what you paid, pay off LFS, sell that car as a used car and then sell you another car. Thats an enormous hit.

I wish you the best of luck, but I would be completely shocked if either of those two scenarios would work. Only possibility would be if by some stroke of luck the title hasn't been recorded yet, in that situation they could still sell your current one as new.
Old 06-28-15, 03:57 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

I picked up my new GS two weeks ago tomorrow. About a week into ownership I was washing my car and noticed that the paint was very rough on the front bumper, about where the fog lights would be. I figured that it was probably over spray. I took my car back to my dealership and spoke with the general manager about it. He asked me if I would leave my GS to have their body shop confirm if it was over spray or not. I got a call a couple of hours later and was informed that my GS front bumper had been repainted. My dealership did a dealer trade with the Lexus dealership in Akron, OH, but my GS had also been inventoried at the Naperville, IL Lexus dealership prior to being inventoried at the Akron dealership. I picked up my GS with 84 miles on the odometer and it was literally 2 hours off the transport trailer, so I know there was no way that my dealership would have had time to repaint the bumper. In addition to this I had curb rash on two of my wheels, which my dealership has already repaired. My dealer is willing to replace the front bumper completely and repaint it at no cost to me. But I don't want a brand new $60K car that is less than 2 weeks old to have a body panel repainted. I've contacted Lexus corporate office and let them know the situation and told them that I didn't want this car anymore because of the front bumper and they're suppose to investigate and get back to me. I also pointed out to the general manager that some of the body panel gaps were inconsistent around the front bumper and hood. I honestly think that my car had been hit in the front in a minor accident and whatever dealership did it tried to hide it which is why I want my car replaced, not repaired. Any suddggestions or comments on how to handle this with Lexus corporate would be appreciated.
If this was supposed to be a brand new car and sold as such I would not accept any deals. Give me a new car!

-Mike
Old 06-28-15, 04:02 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I knew a guy who was unhappy with his new car and it's problems and he called up the lender and told them upfront that he was not going to make any car payments.

The lender called the dealer and the dealer agreed to unwind the deal and take the car back.

Easy, breezy...
Old 06-28-15, 06:36 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

OP....is the Lexus Store of Lexington?

Did they trade with Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis? They do a LOT of trades with that dealership. 2 of mine alone.

The ship manifest, that both dealers would have access to will mention if it had damage while on the ship. Start there.
Old 06-28-15, 06:41 PM
KJD3
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
OP....is the Lexus Store of Lexington?

Did they trade with Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis? They do a LOT of trades with that dealership. 2 of mine alone.

The ship manifest, that both dealers would have access to will mention if it had damage while on the ship. Start there.
Yes, it was The Lexus Store of Lexington. They traded with Lexus of Akron in Ohio, who had previously traded with Lexus of Naperville in Illinois.

The Director Elite, Tony, looked up as much history as he could and couldn't find any records of it being repaired, but I'll ask him about the ship manifest when I talk to him in the morning.
Old 06-28-15, 07:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Do u have pics of the misaligned panels?

The bumper clips into place with the headlights and fenders and held by 2 big bolts behind the fender liner so there should be no possibilities of misalignment, unless that car got hit and has some bent or broken internal body parts. I know this cause I've taken my bumper apart a few times and each time I put it back it aligned itself.

But it's very easy to break the clips if ur not careful when removing the bumper and once the clips broke then yea ur bumper won't sit like the way it was from the factory.
Old 06-28-15, 07:46 PM
KJD3
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Do u have pics of the misaligned panels?

The bumper clips into place with the headlights and fenders and there should be no possibilities of misalignment, unless that car got hit and has some bent or broken internal body parts. I know this cause I've taken my bumper apart a few times and each time I put it back it aligns itself.
No, it's still at the dealership. The panels that didn't line up were by the grill between the bumper and hood, the gaps between the two don't match. And the the passenger side hood and fender gap gets larger the farther up the hood you go.
Old 06-28-15, 07:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

No, it's still at the dealership. The panels that didn't line up were by the grill between the bumper and hood, the gaps between the two don't match. And the the passenger side hood and fender gap gets larger the farther up the hood you go.
The gap gets larger? I'm afraid it's more than just bumper scratches man, there is a lot more to it. That car must have a front end damage cause the fenders and hood don't get shifted by just removing a bumper.
Old 06-28-15, 07:50 PM
KJD3
Driver

The gap gets larger? I'm afraid it's more than just bumper scratches man, there is a lot more to it. That car must have a front end damage cause the fenders and hood don't get shifted by just removing a bumper.
I wish I had a picture of it, but the gap looks normal at the headlight, but it gets larger right above the top of the wheel arch and stays that same size the rest of the way. I mean to the normal person they probably wouldn't notice it, but I did.
Old 06-28-15, 07:55 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I wish I had a picture of it, but the gap looks normal at the headlight, but it gets larger right above the top of the wheel arch and stays that same size the rest of the way. I mean to the normal person they probably wouldn't notice it, but I did.
How is it compared to mine? I know mine has even gaps all around cause that'll be the first thing I notice when I detail my car. That and new dents.

Old 06-28-15, 07:58 PM
KJD3
Driver

How is it compared to mine? I know mine has even gaps all around cause that'll be the first thing I notice when I detail my car.

Yours are better. Here's a picture I took, it's hard to see them, but the gaps to the left and right of the grille where it meets the hood don't match. The left side is slightly smaller than the right. Then you can see where the hood and fender meet right at the headlight it's smaller than it is right above the wheel arch.
Attached Thumbnails Very Disappointed-img_20150620_204503.jpg  

Quick Reply: Very Disappointed