GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My new GS350 F-Sport in Ultra White!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 04:51 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My new GS350 F-Sport in Ultra White!

Yesterday I traded in my 2014 IS350 F-Sport for the 2015 GS350 F-Sport. I'm stunned by the level of refinement on this car especially going from the entry level sedan to the mid-tier one. Here she is!

I've been mainly on the 3IS portion of the forum, being a previous 3IS driver so I'm anxious to get to know the 4GS side of things around here as well as find inspiration for modding!
Old 06-07-15, 05:11 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Congrats! And welcome aboard the 4GS forum.
Old 06-07-15, 06:22 PM
Jkenny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice choice, I'm sure your going to like the extra elbow room coming from an IS. Enjoy!
Old 06-08-15, 11:56 AM
SSTG
Driver

Congrats! I love mine so far!
Old 06-08-15, 12:07 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Congratulations! I've been considering a similar move myself, but want to wait for the '16 refresh. There are a few things about the IS that I will hate to give up in moving to the GS, though a lot of other items would be gained.
Old 06-08-15, 05:14 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the upgrade, enjoy!
Old 06-08-15, 05:45 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does the person behind you get out
Old 06-08-15, 05:49 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnier6
I'm actually more concerned about that IS in the corner..... When the parking is full, that poor guy probably has to walk to work.
Old 06-08-15, 07:01 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

I hope that old sewer line he parked directly under doesn't leak raw sewage on his new car.
Old 06-08-15, 08:49 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Looks like a San Jose area dealer! Enjoy the GS. I had a 2013 F Sport for a year & a half, traded it in for the new NX 3 months ago...couldn't stand it so I just picked up my new 2015 White FS yesterday...so good to be back. It's such a pleasure to drive everyday.
Old 06-09-15, 07:58 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkenny
Nice choice, I'm sure your going to like the extra elbow room coming from an IS. Enjoy!
Such a nice feeling getting into a huge and open vehicle compared to the IS. I liked the "cockpit" feel of the IS but this feels much more comfortable for a daily driver. Can't even imagine what it would be like to drive an LS. I also like that when I turn the car off my seat moves back and the wheel moves up so I can just "slide" out of the drivers seat.

Originally Posted by SSTG
Congrats! I love mine so far!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by JDR76
Congratulations! I've been considering a similar move myself, but want to wait for the '16 refresh. There are a few things about the IS that I will hate to give up in moving to the GS, though a lot of other items would be gained.
After a few days of driving the only thing I miss is the throttle response of the IS. Same engines but a lot less weight to move on the IS and it felt much faster. That being said, I'm having no problem trading the speed for all the other features gained. The car just feels much more refined in the design and the small little details.

Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Congrats on the upgrade, enjoy!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by vinnier6
Haha I wondered the same thing when I first moved to California. It's a weird phenomenon here called "tandem parking." The person behind me is my fiance so we need to switch cars if the person in the back is blocked. Luckily I am the first one to leave for work in the morning and get home after she does so it's rarely an issue.

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I'm actually more concerned about that IS in the corner..... When the parking is full, that poor guy probably has to walk to work.
Hahah not quite.

Originally Posted by bclexus
I hope that old sewer line he parked directly under doesn't leak raw sewage on his new car.
Suprisingly the garage piping is pretty solid and haven't seen any leaks anywhere thus far.

Originally Posted by thedwp
Looks like a San Jose area dealer! Enjoy the GS. I had a 2013 F Sport for a year & a half, traded it in for the new NX 3 months ago...couldn't stand it so I just picked up my new 2015 White FS yesterday...so good to be back. It's such a pleasure to drive everyday.
Thanks! It was Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys (San Fernando Valley). It's really a treat to drive this thing everyday! Especially considering I have a 20 mile commute both ways with the drive home being in LA rush hour. Not a bad car to sit in traffic in.
Old 06-09-15, 09:14 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the giddy up in this is pretty good...I have not been in a IS 350, but it kills my ex- girlfriends IS 250 F Sport with minimal effort.

Put it in S+ mode and use the manual shift feature and let me know if you still feel like its slower. . .
Old 06-09-15, 02:35 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
I think the giddy up in this is pretty good...I have not been in a IS 350, but it kills my ex- girlfriends IS 250 F Sport with minimal effort.

Put it in S+ mode and use the manual shift feature and let me know if you still feel like its slower. . .
It's slower, no doubt...the is 350 is a rocket...

But I would still take my gs sport over the is...I just wish the gs f sport had the same instrument cluster...that thing is cool...
Old 06-09-15, 02:42 PM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I too am a '14 IS to '15 GS convert. 2 things...memory seats and ventilated seats
Old 06-10-15, 09:25 AM
razek
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats and welcome

Quick Reply: My new GS350 F-Sport in Ultra White!