GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Anyone know about the Lexus Perfect Upgrade Program

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 10:50 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone know about the Lexus Perfect Upgrade Program

Just got an email stating eligibility for the Lexus Perfect Upgrade promotion. Anyone have experience with this program? They make it sound as though is by invitation only.

'15 GS 350 AWD - $449 - 36 month - $3499 due at signing.

I own instead of lease. Just wondering if there is something to investigate.

I have a '14 AWD w/Lux. Pkg

This is the link supplied in the email (local dealer):

http://lexusofchesterspringsupgrade.com

Surprisingly when logging into this site and offers are presented, they displayed my exact mileage as of the previous day of when the email was received. 18,449 - even though I haven't to the dealer since the 10K service.
Old 05-22-15, 11:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

It's a dealership marketing promotion, that's all.
Old 05-22-15, 11:50 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW15LS
It's a dealership marketing promotion, that's all.
I know its a promotion. I am wondering if there is anything special above what is offered to the general public. Have you received one?
Old 05-22-15, 12:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

No, its just a marketing piece designed to show you how they can get you into a new car for similar to what you're paying now. I've gotten them in the past many times. Theres no special program, just that they'll trade you out and roll whatever negative equity there is into a new one.
Old 05-22-15, 12:39 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougm213
Surprisingly when logging into this site and offers are presented, they displayed my exact mileage as of the previous day of when the email was received. 18,449 - even though I haven't to the dealer since the 10K service.
Interesting. I guess Lexus is remotely collecting our mileage information. I wonder what other information they're collecting on their owners without our consent? Ex. Speed? GPS coordinates? Navigation history? Phone contacts? Preferred radio stations?

Old 05-22-15, 01:40 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

I had a ES for a year and for about 3 months they kept trying to get me to trade in for the next model year. To me it was useless since I'd have the same car but just one model year newer.

Then one day they sent me an email to trade up to a GS. Couldn't pass up that deal. No money out of my pocket. Just signed a few papers and drove off in a new GS. Same payment. And the amount of payments left were the same.

If they send me an email to trade up to a LS I might be tempted.
Old 05-22-15, 01:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexRuger
If they send me an email to trade up to a LS I might be tempted.
Trust me, thats not gonna happen for the same payment as the GS lol
Old 05-22-15, 02:00 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Trust me, thats not gonna happen for the same payment as the GS lol
You're right. I can only dream lol.
Old 05-22-15, 08:09 PM
dougm213
Intermediate

No, its just a marketing piece designed to show you how they can get you into a new car for similar to what you're paying now. I've gotten them in the past many times. Theres no special program, just that they'll trade you out and roll whatever negative equity there is into a new one.
If they want to give me a new GS for the same payments - zero, I'll take it. I don't like leases nor payments. No negative equity here.

Last edited by dougm213; 05-22-15 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-23-15, 05:26 AM
kerplunk38
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of things. First, that is not a good deal so walk away from it. Secondly, they aren't remotely collecting your miles. They are estimating based on your mileage information from when you had your car serviced or they are just guessing altogether.

This is a ploy to get you to the dealership to get you to spend money. That is all.
Old 05-25-15, 10:38 PM
edittman1
Rookie

If they put me in a GSF for no penalty, i am in..
Old 05-26-15, 04:46 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kerplunk38
A couple of things. First, that is not a good deal so walk away from it. Secondly, they aren't remotely collecting your miles. They are estimating based on your mileage information from when you had your car serviced or they are just guessing altogether.

This is a ploy to get you to the dealership to get you to spend money. That is all.
I don't know for sure what Lexus gets, but if you are on Enform don't bet against them knowing your exact mileage. BMW does.
Old 05-26-15, 07:05 AM
kerplunk38
Rookie

Unless Lexus is breaking their own privacy agreement ...

http://www.lexus.com/enform/#faq_securityandprivacy

How much user behavior is recorded by the system and is there a privacy issue?

Any user activity that is tracked is used only to help create a richer and more robust product for the future. Personal information is not collected; usage data is anonymized and aggregated as general customer behavior.

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I don't know for sure what Lexus gets, but if you are on Enform don't bet against them knowing your exact mileage. BMW does.
Old 05-26-15, 09:06 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kerplunk38

First point, I agree in the deal, not interested.

On the second point. Since my last deal visit, my driving habits have changed since I am working from home more often. For them to have the exact miles (18,499) is quite a coincidence.

Personal information maybe not, but the argument can be made that collecting miles allows for a "richer and more robust product".
Old 05-26-15, 02:15 PM
kerplunk38
Rookie

It specifically says usage data is anonymized and aggregated. Who knows what it really means; legal speak is vague for a reason. Regardless, that is not a coincidence if they knew your exact mileage and they are obviously using the data for marketing directly to you. Only way Lexus will know that you do not agree with or like that is if you tell them.

Originally Posted by dougm213
First point, I agree in the deal, not interested.

On the second point. Since my last deal visit, my driving habits have changed since I am working from home more often. For them to have the exact miles (18,499) is quite a coincidence.

Personal information maybe not, but the argument can be made that collecting miles allows for a "richer and more robust product".

Last edited by kerplunk38; 05-26-15 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone know about the Lexus Perfect Upgrade Program