GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Will Tanabe Underbrace fit AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 10:49 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Will Tanabe Underbrace fit AWD?

Just emailed them and they said that they never test fitted one on a AWD model. Any of you AWD owners have this?

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/post/T...0-F-Sport.aspx
Old 05-22-15, 08:35 PM
rllx4gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rog1206
Just emailed them and they said that they never test fitted one on a AWD model. Any of you AWD owners have this?

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd/post/T...0-F-Sport.aspx
Good question. I have Tanabe strut bar and underbrace installed on my '13 non-F GS350. Tanabe says that both will fit F-version and non-F version but never mentions the AWD version.

To: TANABE USA,
Can you answer this question?
Old 09-06-16, 02:08 PM
onealmistr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was very disappointed with the customer service that was provided, by Tanabe, USA. I called in regards to finding out if the under-brace was still available. Unfortunately, they told me that the product was discontinued; however, they provided me a phone number with a Lexus dealership that had a number of under-braces, which was good customer service.

I contacted the Lexus dealership to see if they had any under-braces. To my surprise, they had a number of under-braces; thus, I asked the question if the under brace would fit a AWD GS350 2013. The Lexus dealership stated that since this part was an aftermarket part they were not able to exactly answer the question since they did not designed, which makes sense to me. Thereafter, I contacted Tanabe, USA, again, received a second customer service representative, who stated that he was part of marketing and R&D, and I asked the question whether the under brace would fit on a AWD GS350 2013. The customer’s representative at Tanabe stated that they only installed it on a RWD and was not able to answer the question. However, since they design the under-brace they should have some technical information regarding how the brace would fit or determine if there were any component pieces that would interfere with the under-brace. The customer representative did not take any effort into finding out any additional information regarding the under-brace, and like a robot stated they stopped making it. After realizing that Tanabe’s representative was not going to provide me with any additional information, in which Tanabe designed the product, I contacted the Lexus dealership again hoping that they would help me. The Lexus dealership, got a technical mechanic and the actual brace and determine the location to see if it would fit on an all-wheel-drive, and they assured me that it should fit without a problem.

But, I raise this question, if you are a manufacturer of an aftermarket part that is being installed on any vehicle, you should have enough data or engineering specs that could provide your customer some information so that they can make an informed decision if to buy the product. The fact that you do not manufacture the product anymore does not mean that you exempt from liability or providing customers with information, since your product in out in the market place. This is my venting for two-minutes.