GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 problem from the beginning!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-15, 08:35 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by blueagave0
Update. Hopefully all better now. I definitely voiced my concern about second guessing the car. I let the dealer know that although I'm sure they would fix it, I didn't want to second guess the car later on down the road.

When I picked it up today, I asked to speak to the mechanic/tech, (which I'm not, so forgive me if I remember this incorrectly) that worked on it for an explanation. He said was that there was air trapped in the transmission lines somewhere. He explained to me how they have to measure the fluid levels and bleed the overflow. He thinks an air pocket/bubble or whatever made the system hiccup and caused the problem.

He stated that he felt 100% confident that it just wasn't filled properly originally and I should have no more issues with it. He said he wouldn't have given me the car back that soon if he felt like it was anything else. They are a good dealership and have been excellent to me and everyone I know, so I hope he's right. Drove it all day and has been perfect.
Glad to hear that all is well, the car performs as it should, and that you are happy.
Old 05-16-15, 08:43 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

wow that's a first to hear, just like ItzFilyO said that's one in a million, and they would never put a rebuilt trany on a brand new car, either the car would go back or another brand new trans and which I have not seen either way, but good they got it fix, now enjoy it.
Old 05-16-15, 11:44 AM
r4nd0
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
wow that's a first to hear, just like ItzFilyO said that's one in a million, and they would never put a rebuilt trany on a brand new car, either the car would go back or another brand new trans and which I have not seen either way, but good they got it fix, now enjoy it.
Why would you say never? The warranty terms and relevant Federal statutes do not require repair with a new transmission nor a replacement vehicle.
Old 05-17-15, 08:54 PM
dc5423
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up a 2015 gs 350 f sport yesterday, and i'm in love .. No complaints
Old 05-22-15, 01:50 PM
blueagave0
Driver School Candidate

Ok, back again to post another update. Car was fine for about 4 days, then, SAME THING. This time I did ask that they give me a new car. For those of you curious, the new car manager stated that in order for him to tell me what he could and could not do, he had to speak to accounting, service, and the dealer's Lexus rep and would get back to me.

They finally found the problem. Bad control module for the transmission. They are in the process of replacing it, however the manager called me today and said that he wanted to make me happy, and that I may feel better if they just put me in a new car. This is great! Didn't even have to argue that much over it. I'm glad to see they are doing the right thing. So here's the new dilemma...

They do not have my color combo with my options on the lot, nor coming in anytime soon. He stated it was a rare combo and that if I wanted the same thing, I might want to just keep the car I have. I waited weeks for this car to come in. (I didn't order it, but knew it was on it's way) I've looked over the lot and the surrounding dealerships and nothing is to be found. Dealer stated that the choice was up to me, but we needed to wrap it up by the end of next week. Blessed and cursed I tell ya.
Old 05-22-15, 01:53 PM
blueagave0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dc5423
I just picked up a 2015 gs 350 f sport yesterday, and i'm in love .. No complaints

That's great! I'm in love as well, even with the issues I've had personally. I know it's a great car. I just can't wait to put this part of it behind me. Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 05-22-15, 02:18 PM
ITDude
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, back again to post another update. Car was fine for about 4 days, then, SAME THING. This time I did ask that they give me a new car. For those of you curious, the new car manager stated that in order for him to tell me what he could and could not do, he had to speak to accounting, service, and the dealer's Lexus rep and would get back to me.

They finally found the problem. Bad control module for the transmission. They are in the process of replacing it, however the manager called me today and said that he wanted to make me happy, and that I may feel better if they just put me in a new car. This is great! Didn't even have to argue that much over it. I'm glad to see they are doing the right thing. So here's the new dilemma...

They do not have my color combo with my options on the lot, nor coming in anytime soon. He stated it was a rare combo and that if I wanted the same thing, I might want to just keep the car I have. I waited weeks for this car to come in. (I didn't order it, but knew it was on it's way) I've looked over the lot and the surrounding dealerships and nothing is to be found. Dealer stated that the choice was up to me, but we needed to wrap it up by the end of next week. Blessed and cursed I tell ya.
That's a tough call. When I was shopping for my GS, I too had trouble finding the car with the colors and options I wanted. They searched nationally, and found some they could "trade" for. My daughter got her car totaled while I was Lexus shopping, so I decided to give her my Acura and buy a new GS quickly. I no longer had time to wait for the car to arrive, so I settled on one on the lot, but had the dealer add the options I couldn't live without.

If you feel like you want a different car, I would ask them to search nationally for you, not just what they have. Since you have been back twice with the same issue, I would think they should make some effort to find you what you want.
Old 05-22-15, 02:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

atomic silver / black is rare? i find that a little surprising.

in either case, i personally will NOT stay with the current car. i don't care if they finally fix it, it's been apart and apart so many times, it's just a lot of bad taste no matter what.

can they give you an ETA on when they can find you a new car in the combo you want? i would go down that route and make sure they give you a car to drive in the meantime. i think that's only fair. at the same time, i know you like the current combo a lot, but if you can compromise a little and give him a second choice that you also like and can settle, maybe it's good for both parties

just my opinion
Old 05-23-15, 04:09 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

With all the repairs and troubleshooting I had to go through with my BMW this still feels minor to me. Get the module replaced and see if that fixes it.

On that BMW, I once drove with an intermittent misfire for over a month until we finally got it figured out....
Old 05-23-15, 05:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I would take a different color combo that is problem free than a car with mechanical or electrical problems.
Old 05-25-15, 07:59 AM
r4nd0
Rookie

They refilled the tranny and now will swap out an electronics module -- it's not exactly been "apart and apart". Some minor increased concern about long term reliability on that tranny may be warranted. Maybe you can get them to toss in a 100k mile warranty or an extended free scheduled maintenance plan as a gesture of good will.
Old 05-26-15, 07:39 PM
blueagave0
Driver School Candidate

I found the same car without the illuminated door sills at one of their other lots. Salesman is supposed to call me tomorrow to make sure that is the only option missing. I feel like it is because there is only a couple hundred dollar difference in MSRP. If that's all that is missing we are going to do a trade out for that one, and figure out what to do with the remaining couple hundred. All in all, I get a new car, in the colors I want, and feel like they did me right. I can live without the door sills. Thanks all for the input, and shout to the Lexus dealership for doing the right thing without too much difficulty.
Old 05-26-15, 07:41 PM
blueagave0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
atomic silver / black is rare? i find that a little surprising.

in either case, i personally will NOT stay with the current car. i don't care if they finally fix it, it's been apart and apart so many times, it's just a lot of bad taste no matter what.

can they give you an ETA on when they can find you a new car in the combo you want? i would go down that route and make sure they give you a car to drive in the meantime. i think that's only fair. at the same time, i know you like the current combo a lot, but if you can compromise a little and give him a second choice that you also like and can settle, maybe it's good for both parties

just my opinion
You would think, right? but apparently the color combo is more rare on the f sport than the other lines. At least in my part of the country.
Old 05-26-15, 09:26 PM
ITDude
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I found the same car without the illuminated door sills at one of their other lots. Salesman is supposed to call me tomorrow to make sure that is the only option missing. I feel like it is because there is only a couple hundred dollar difference in MSRP. If that's all that is missing we are going to do a trade out for that one, and figure out what to do with the remaining couple hundred. All in all, I get a new car, in the colors I want, and feel like they did me right. I can live ted,without the door sills. Thanks all for the input, and shout to the Lexus dealership for doing the right thing without too much difficulty.
The dealer can add the illuminated door sills. I had my dealer add them to mine. Sounds like they are trying to treat you right!
Old 05-27-15, 06:49 PM
blueagave0
Driver School Candidate

Last update on this post! Got the car that supposedly didn't have the door sills. It did! window sticker MSRP was exactly the same. So bottom line, I'm now driving the exact same car I originally bought, but a different one. They DID do me right. Thank you Lexus. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: 2015 problem from the beginning!?