GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Need help with Side Mirror, Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 12:52 PM
Nanashi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Side Mirror, Please!!

Hey guys,

I has a 2015 GS 350 and recently someone hit me and ran and I was left with a destroyed side mirror... I had it replaced at a body shop but we can't seem to get the side mirror to fold... Everything works, even the BSM sensors but it just won't fold... We've pressed the folding button hundreds of times as well as the auto button but it still won't fold.

Does anyone know if there's a trick to getting the darn thing to fold?
Old 05-08-15, 02:30 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Well let's ask all the obvious questions:

-Does the replacement have the motor? If it wasn't bought from Lexus, it could be from an earlier year model that wasn't equipped with power folding mirrors, hence no motor.
-is the harness plugged in? (You'd be surprised lol)
-Is the wire harness undamaged/in tact? A wire could have been damaged when the mirror was hit.
-Test to see if the mirror heat elements work. The BSM sensors are actually in the rear bumper, not in the mirror so the BSM indicator in the mirror would be on a lower power wire while the heating element and motor could be on a higher one.
-it is also possible that there is a calibration procedure for the mirrors motors.

That's about all I can think of. Hopefully you find out what's going on.
Old 05-08-15, 02:41 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Well let's ask all the obvious questions:

-Does the replacement have the motor? If it wasn't bought from Lexus, it could be from an earlier year model that wasn't equipped with power folding mirrors, hence no motor.
-is the harness plugged in? (You'd be surprised lol)
-Is the wire harness undamaged/in tact? A wire could have been damaged when the mirror was hit.
-Test to see if the mirror heat elements work. The BSM sensors are actually in the rear bumper, not in the mirror so the BSM indicator in the mirror would be on a lower power wire while the heating element and motor could be on a higher one.
-it is also possible that there is a calibration procedure for the mirrors motors.

That's about all I can think of. Hopefully you find out what's going on.
My bet is the new mirror doesn't have the folding motor. If so, that means that someone ordered, purchased, [painted] and installed the wrong mirror.
Old 05-08-15, 03:15 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either the mirror is a wrong part.
OR they put it back incorrectly.

When I was changing the puddle light bulb under the mirror I didn't put it back together correctly and mirror was not folding. Everytime i pressed the button on the door to fold mirror it would just make a click noise and not fold so I took it apart and reinstalled it again and it worked. GL