GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

No one wants the Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 12:42 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No one wants the Luxury Package?

I was talking to Carlsbad Lexus and I really want the Luxury Package. They said I would need to wait 3 to 4 months for a GS with a Luxury Package. That is crazy. It seems 90% of the cars on the lot are F-Sport (which I don't want) and the rest of 10% are bare bones plus Premium Package . No Luxury anywhere in California. This makes no sense to me.

What do you guys know the Luxury pack? Why the hate?
Old 05-08-15, 01:47 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I've seen a few on the roads, like 2-3 luxury and that's all. The rest are premium and Fs.
Old 05-08-15, 02:19 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I too wanted the luxury (AWD + cold weather pkg., + BSM + parking assist) and, you're right, no one in the Northwest had any luxury to even look at. So, I ordered what I wanted. It's been 9 weeks so I'm hoping to see it within the next month.
Old 05-08-15, 02:41 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've checked all the dealers in my area, and none of them have them (Executive Package). I think Lexus of Edmonton have many of them.
Old 05-08-15, 02:47 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

When we bought ours the dealer always has a couple of Luxury models in stock. I have not checked inventories in a while, but there are sites you can look at for all dealers in major cities like Dallas and Houston. I've never had a problem finding a variety with the Luxury package. And it's a damn good package. It has a lot of the performance upgrades that the F-Sport comes with and some luxury features you cannot get on an F-Sport.
Old 05-08-15, 04:37 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The problem is, if he's from "CA" (Canada), he won't want any car from the southern states because they won't have cold package and AWD. If he's from "CA" (California), then you are correct and he'd be wise to look in places such as TX.
Old 05-08-15, 06:41 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nimimi
The problem is, if he's from "CA" (Canada), he won't want any car from the southern states because they won't have cold package and AWD. If he's from "CA" (California), then you are correct and he'd be wise to look in places such as TX.
SoCal, San Diego. When I told the manager that I want a Luxury Package he looked at me like I'm from another planet. He said his GS owners want the car to look sporty (hence F-Sport everywhere) and have navigation (standard starting 2015).

"What are you looking for sir?"
"Well Bud, I would like a white on black."
"Excellent, we have just what you want, a red on beige. What do you say?"
"Amazing, I'll take it!"
Old 05-09-15, 12:15 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Originally Posted by metrathon
He said his GS owners want the car to look sporty
I would like to know what he was saying about GS customers three years ago

Off topic: Where the hell you drove Citroën Xsara and Opel? You have to be from Europe
Old 05-09-15, 09:23 AM
metrathon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZbynekZ
I would like to know what he was saying about GS customers three years ago

Off topic: Where the hell you drove Citroën Xsara and Opel? You have to be from Europe
Yup, Romania. Relocated to SoCal in 2007. And I still can't get over ppl doing 50 mph in the fast lane on a 80 mph freeway. In Europe that will get you arrested for obstructing traffic
Old 05-09-15, 10:23 PM
ZbynekZ
Driver

You have to overtake them from right side. Then we will see you on news from heli cam

I had Citroën Xantia as first own car Big piece of *****. From that experience the only french products I can buy are wine and cheese only
Old 05-09-15, 11:02 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think most of the people wanting the Lux pack features go for the LS. The GS is still the redheaded stepchild of the sedan lineup although the F Sports are rocketing in popularity around here in Texas.

Check with some North Texas dealers for a lux model. Most people buy the GS fully loaded here. My F Sport came with rear wheel steering, ML stereo and the HUD, which is a rare combo in other states. I suggest Sewell in Dallas or Park Place in Plano.
Old 05-10-15, 08:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I don't get it either. When I got my 2013 there were plenty of luxury packages on the lots, now they are VERY rare and basically only special order. Most are F Sports, when I got mine the F Sport was very rare.

You can't just say "people who want the luxury package just go for the LS"...as someone who just got an LS I can tell you, the LS is a BIG jump financially.
Old 05-10-15, 01:05 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You can't just say "people who want the luxury package just go for the LS"...as someone who just got an LS I can tell you, the LS is a BIG jump financially.
I did say that, and it's my opinion, however uninformed I know the LS is a huge leap, basically the price of another car on top of the GS sticker, and I know a guy who owns both. The GS is his daily and the LS is his touring car/taking execs to lunch car. He paid cash for both. I think he has been in the energy business for a while.
Old 05-10-15, 01:57 PM
billf2
Driver School Candidate

We wanted a RWD GS with the Luxury Package. Back in November our local dealer in Mobile called to tell us one was due that afternoon. We made an appointment to see it the next day, only to discover when we arrived there that it had been sold and delivered that morning. Since we had a wasted trip, we started checking around, only to find, for example, that none of the five Atlanta dealers even had one in stock.

We ended up ordering a GS with the Luxury Package in late December from one of the Atlanta dealers. The order was placed with Lexus in January, and we're expecting delivery in June.
Old 05-10-15, 02:07 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Texas dealers seem to always have them in stock. Just a quick look at North Park Lex in San Antonio shows 4 of them, liquid plat/ atomic silver/ riv red/ black. All with Mark L stereo.

Quick Reply: No one wants the Luxury Package?