GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Traded my '13 GS on a '15 LS today (pictures page 3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-15, 10:56 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Haha, at least there's SOME personality clearly
No kidding. Best forum/sub forum period. I would miss it too, aka I'm keeping my GS. Lol
Best wish with your LS man. It's rough being in your shoes. Why not request an LS demo?
Old 05-17-15, 06:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

If it drags on beyond the next couple of days I'm going to request an entirely new LS as a replacement for mine lol

The dealer doesn't have any LS demos. Even their senior management aren't driving LS's right now. The only thing they would have to put me in is a new car on the lot and I understand them not being able to do that.

Not so bad, have a GS. Boy, the luxury package is a must have in the GS let me tell you. Oddly enough, the base leather in the GS feels a little better than the base leather in the LS too. Kind of strange...
Old 05-17-15, 06:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Steve - does the service department have the new unit for your car? I don't see it taking more than a few hours to replace it. Am I wrong? What have they told you?
Old 05-17-15, 07:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The issue has been waiting for the replacement unit. Once it comes in, its a very quick job to reinstall. It may have come in friday, they were working on it which I saw via the enform app (starting and stopping it, hood open, doors open for extended periods, etc). Once thats done a small curb mark on the bumper needs to be repaired at their body shop, then I'll get it back.

Hopefully they did indeed fix it Friday, it can go to the body shop tomorrow and I can have it back Tuesday. We'll see.
Old 05-17-15, 11:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

So u curbed the bumper already?

And finally the name changed.
Old 05-18-15, 11:24 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
When I drove it, I loved it! Have a 2014 GS loaner. Hopefully I'l have it back Monday or Tuesday.

Charger is cool, but not as a replacement for the LS!
glad you had the same reaction as i when i drove the LS... once she is gone for a couple days, you really start to miss her... especially if you are driving something else in her place. don't see why we are not given an LS as loaners if in fact we are dropping off an LS. The Charger would not be a replacement, just another fun toy to play with. i drove it and was very surprised at the compliant ride, and it's very quiet in that cabin until you step on the gas and that SC kicks in, the exhaust note is sweet also. but i must say it is smooth and quiet until you open up the SRT pages and punch in track mode, launch mode etc...

Originally Posted by sam430
Why not supercharge the LS?
if i supercharged the LS i would be looking at lots of upgrades, brakes, intercoolers, radiators, heat extractors, air intakes, suspension, and that would be just the beginning. if you're going to do it, you may as well do it right...
Old 05-18-15, 01:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
So u curbed the bumper already?

And finally the name changed.
LOL, no the dealer did it before I took delivery of it. Its minor.

Just an update, nav is fixed, its at the body shop now, I'm told I should have it back tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 05-18-15, 01:58 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

That's good news Steve! Hopefully you will have zero issues from now on.
Old 05-19-15, 12:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Have you gotten that worthless, no good, piece of junk, back yet?
Old 05-19-15, 03:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Not yet. It was delivered back to the dealer from the body shop, I saw that on the app. But, haven't heard anything from the dealer other than either late tonight or first thing tomorrow, but they didn't seem to realize that it was even there. They close at 8, of course I want to take delivery of it when I can really look at it and make sure there aren't any issues.

Beyond frustrated.
Old 05-19-15, 04:20 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

LOL, no the dealer did it before I took delivery of it. Its minor.

Just an update, nav is fixed, its at the body shop now, I'm told I should have it back tomorrow. We'll see.
Not yet. It was delivered back to the dealer from the body shop, I saw that on the app. But, haven't heard anything from the dealer other than either late tonight or first thing tomorrow, but they didn't seem to realize that it was even there. They close at 8, of course I want to take delivery of it when I can really look at it and make sure there aren't any issues.

Beyond frustrated.
Apparently something changed along the name change. Must be from being a Daddy
Old 05-19-15, 05:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Well...I'm back home from going to pick it up, and I'm still in the loaner.

Navigation still doesn't work. The service manager noticed it as soon as he pulled it around. Still freezes up and is inoperable when trying to enter any sort of a destination, still has the "Unable to read SD card" warning. I guess nobody bothered to check it?

They scratched the wood on the cupholder lid doing the replacement.

The bumper however, is fine. Its not absolutely perfect but would be fine especially once the clear bra went on.

So, left it over there. My position is I want another car. They have a nebula/flaxen optioned the same in inventory, I'll accept that. I might also accept cancellation of the deal and the return of my 4GS, but I don't think thats feasible.
Old 05-19-15, 05:49 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Well...I'm back home from going to pick it up, and I'm still in the loaner.

Navigation still doesn't work. The service manager noticed it as soon as he pulled it around. Still freezes up and is inoperable when trying to enter any sort of a destination, still has the "Unable to read SD card" warning. I guess nobody bothered to check it?

They scratched the wood on the cupholder lid doing the replacement.

The bumper however, is fine. Its not absolutely perfect but would be fine especially once the clear bra went on.

So, left it over there. My position is I want another car. They have a nebula/flaxen optioned the same in inventory, I'll accept that. I might also accept cancellation of the deal and the return of my 4GS, but I don't think thats feasible.
Steve - Have you made your request to them yet about wanting another car? If so, what was their initial response?
Old 05-19-15, 06:00 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I'm in love with the entire interior but that steering wheel looks AMAZING!!! <3 I'm a fan of the blackwood look, I recently just had quite a few of my parts from my truck hydrodipped in blackwood - stuff is ( . )( . )
Old 05-19-15, 06:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bclexus
Steve - Have you made your request to them yet about wanting another car? If so, what was their initial response?
Yeah, I told him over the phone tonight. He was receptive, said it was definitely a possibility and that he would look into it tomorrow (dealer was closing in 15 minutes).

Quick Reply: Traded my '13 GS on a '15 LS today (pictures page 3)