GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dalmation F-Sport with Polished Avant Garde F140

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 05:48 PM
kerplunk38
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your concern and your question. My simple answer is I didn't want to offend the OP by posting negative comments. It simply is not my style.

Originally Posted by MEAHT
why even post then?
Old 05-04-15, 05:51 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kerplunk38
Thank you for your concern and your question. My simple answer is I didn't want to offend the OP by posting negative comments. It simply is not my style.
"Backhanded" courtesy is not cool. Just leave a negative comment. I'm sure the OP has his big boy pants on.
Old 05-04-15, 06:16 PM
brainneede
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by obturator
"Backhanded" courtesy is not cool. Just leave a negative comment. I'm sure the OP has his big boy pants on.
if you have nothing nice to say, then you shouldn't post...

Old 05-04-15, 06:32 PM
kerplunk38
Rookie

I'll give it a try. The car is "over done," in my opinion. With most Lexus automobiles less is more when it comes to exterior changes from my standpoint. I find these modifications to cheapen the car's appearance and they have drastically detracted from the intended, good-looking original design. This is my opinion.

Old 05-04-15, 08:12 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I was always taught if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. I am very glad you like your car.
Love your roundabout comment...

OP, such gangsta wheels, bro.
why even post then?
I'll give it a try. The car is "over done," in my opinion. With most Lexus automobiles less is more when it comes to exterior changes from my standpoint. I find these modifications to cheapen the car's appearance and they have drastically detracted from the intended, good-looking original design. This is my opinion.
Just like what kerplunk38 stated above.

My comment wasn't anything bad I'm just sayin good luck with the life of your tires and tractions. Some of you guys are like little kids and can't take a comment. Yes it over done w the rear without the car being on air to raise it up so get good tractions and also the life of the tires. Go around a turn doing like 60mph and see if that rear doesn't drift out of control

My thing is that we have expensive cars why mod them like a Honda Civic.
How many Bimmer or Benz guys are rocking crazy negative camber hardly any bc they leave that for the honda kids but hey it's your car do what makes you happy it was just a comment nothing else.

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 05-04-15 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 07:47 AM
NXXT
Driver

Originally Posted by tungo
Appreciate all the comments, whether positive or negative. I know it's not for everyone. I don't get butt hurt easily.

The fitment of the rear wheels bothers me as well and will be addressed. -4.6 degrees of camber is not to my liking, therefore I'm going to have the rear adjusted, hopefully enough that the rears sit sort of straight. If it doesn't, I'm gonna build new wheels. This was my second time building a set of wheels and I had no idea what I was doing even this time. I did buy two additional sets of tires for the rears, for this reason.

When the Aimgain kit arrives, I'll post pictures. Gonna be potentially the entire summer before they arrive.

If anyone needs Avant Garde Wheels, contact NXXT (Alex). He will get you right. I'm certain GetUrWheels is good people too.

Thank you sir! And yeah you need to take out some of that rear camber. Your tire is so far from the fender :O. Got plenty of room there brother
Old 05-05-15, 07:55 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Just like what kerplunk38 stated above.

My comment wasn't anything bad I'm just sayin good luck with the life of your tires and tractions. Some of you guys are like little kids and can't take a comment. Yes it over done w the rear without the car being on air to raise it up so get good tractions and also the life of the tires. Go around a turn doing like 60mph and see if that rear doesn't drift out of control

My thing is that we have expensive cars why mod them like a Honda Civic.
How many Bimmer or Benz guys are rocking crazy negative camber hardly any bc they leave that for the honda kids but hey it's your car do what makes you happy it was just a comment nothing else.
If you go to Japan there is a lot of them. All types of cars not just a particular brand and chassis. Its been a trend over there for many years. Oh crazy negative camber can also be a good thing if your into drifting especially in the front.
Old 05-05-15, 08:09 AM
NXXT
Driver

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
If you go to Japan there is a lot of them. All types of cars not just a particular brand and chassis. Its been a trend over there for many years. Oh crazy negative camber can also be a good thing if your into drifting especially in the front.
This exactly!

You can't fix narrow-mindedness though. Lets all be sheep then
Old 05-05-15, 09:21 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Now this is a comment worth posting!

its cool that its not your style, not everyone has the same tastes.
Old 05-05-15, 09:31 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Good luck with those rear tire with that negative camber and poor traction
Wasnt talking about your post 13FSPORT

If you put up a pic of a car then you have to be prepared for all sorts of comments, not just positive ones. This is why we have a forum, for discussion. Hell... the OP might and prob feels the exact same way on the low. My point to kerplunk was that we shouldnt mask a negative comment with "if you dont have anything nice to say.." line, then throw a backhanded comment.

That is all

MEAHT out!
Old 05-05-15, 09:46 AM
canti
Driver School Candidate

clean car either way! What specs are you running on your AG?
Old 05-05-15, 02:01 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
99% of the cars in Japan that have crazy cambers are all show and no go they over do there cars. Most of the guys on here have there's for a daily not just show. So ya if u got it for show and want to scrap the all the time and sound like u have $5k car well with bacon fenders every time u turn or hit a bump like they do in Japan is a waste if u ask me. Those cars in Japan most of them can even turn all the way takes then forever to make a full turn watch the videos but hey it's not mine it's just my 2 cents I don't see the point in it

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 05-05-15 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 02:05 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Wasnt talking about your post 13FSPORT

If you put up a pic of a car then you have to be prepared for all sorts of comments, not just positive ones. This is why we have a forum, for discussion. Hell... the OP might and prob feels the exact same way on the low. My point to kerplunk was that we shouldnt mask a negative comment with "if you dont have anything nice to say.." line, then throw a backhanded comment.

That is all

MEAHT out!
Thank you. You are totally correct your posting it for a reason and everybody has something diff to say about everybody car. Hell im sure some people don't like what I've done to my car I had some negative comments but what do I do roll w it. Some people on here strive for attention like a girl and can't take comments (not talking about you at all)

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 05-05-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 02:17 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

(not talking about you at all)
I got you
Old 05-05-15, 03:08 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

99% of the cars in Japan that have crazy cambers are all show and no go they over do there cars. Most of the guys on here have there's for a daily not just show. So ya if u got it for show and want to scrap the all the time and sound like u have $5k car well with bacon fenders every time u turn or hit a bump like they do in Japan is a waste if u ask me. Those cars in Japan most of them can even turn all the way takes then forever to make a full turn watch the videos but hey it's not mine it's just my 2 cents I don't see the point in it
I'm sorry to say but you are wrong. The majority actually do drive their cars daily like that. Remember they don't have ****ty roads like us here in the states. They drive cars that would seem to be undrivable. You should look at the bosozoku culture there. If you don't believe me google bosozoku cars and you will know what I mean.

Also a 5k car can look as good and performer better as an expansive car. Its just how you build it

Quick Reply: Dalmation F-Sport with Polished Avant Garde F140