GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Warranty Claim Help Needed

Old 04-24-15, 11:12 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
If they can't replicate the problems or you don't have video of it, then be prepared for them to not address certain problems/complaints, unless there is a TSB.

Since you have a 2015, I don't think your car will fall into the range that require those TSBs. Here's a good link to check for recalls and service bulletins that apply to your car.

http://www.toyota.com/recall
I did check that site and nothing came up for my VIN. The way I found those 5 I originally listed was from this site:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/

This is going my year, make, and model and since all of the TSBs I listed do have the 2015 4GS in the PDFs, I figured I might as well look into it.

1. Sunroof sticks on a warmer day
2. Leaky door - rear passenger
3. Headliner creaking - near sunroof on driver side
4. **5 Tech Service Bulletins (World Standard Auto Transmission Fluid, ATM Manual Stick Lever/Park Neutral Position Installation, Auto Transmission Replacement Precaution, Torque Converter Bolt Installation, Techstream ECU Flash Reprogramming Procedure)
5. Software update due to Lexus Enform App (Start/Stop issue, received email 4/21)
As for the other items, for (1) I have a video, for (2) I have photos, (3) is a known issue from the last time I took it in (I didn't have it fixed then because I needed my car back sooner), (4) are PDFs online, and (5) is an email that I received from Lexus Enform. I've actually been keep track of all of the issues in Google Keep on my phone. That way if I have photos or videos, I can basically attach them to the issue card.
Old 04-24-15, 12:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by djkidd
It's at the door sill rear passenger side:

This is the front passenger door sill:

I have photos of the other two doors and they look exactly like the front passenger. Somehow, water made it all the way to the door sill. I was washing the car at home when I noticed this.
That's normal...I have water in that area (after wash and rain), and it was the same when I had my 2013. That part of the sill isn't sealed off. If water started appearing on the Lexus tread plates then there would be some concern.
Old 04-24-15, 12:53 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dchar
That's normal...I have water in that area (after wash and rain), and it was the same when I had my 2013. That part of the sill isn't sealed off. If water started appearing on the Lexus tread plates then there would be some concern.
You mean it's okay for it to reach the illuminated door sill? My understanding was, water shouldn't reach that far in.
Old 04-24-15, 03:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by djkidd
You mean it's okay for it to reach the illuminated door sill? My understanding was, water shouldn't reach that far in.
That wouldn't be normal, but from your pics it looks like the illuminated part (silver part) and the sill its on doesn't look wet. I only see the lower two sills with water. The back one kinda looks like just a drop fell on it when you opened the door. I might not be able to see the extent of water, but I'd be surprised if the dealer said there was something wrong.

That's good that you're keeping records. I also have a running list of things to address between services. I also noticed that you also have nebula grey/cabernet combo, which makes us twins! You have good taste, sir!
Old 04-24-15, 06:25 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,413 Posts

djkidd - Sometime when you get a chance - open your car doors and lay down on the ground under them and take a close look at how the doors' bottom seals are actually made, and how they work. You'll see why the door's two sill ledges easily get wet and dirty from driving in the rain or being sprayed with a hose, etc.

PS - When you wash your car you may want to be sure to clean the seals because they not only trap water, but they also trap dirt in the flexible, collapsible and slotted material.
Old 04-24-15, 11:26 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

dchar and bclexus, i apologize for the crappy pictures. the illuminated door sill was definitely wet from the wash and not from the door dripping. its hard to see in the pictures, but there's a lot more water under the lexus logo that gets hidden because of the metal sill. i gave these photos and few others to the service manager earlier today and i told him to contact me about it when the shop guys get a chance to check everything over. i do understand that the two sills below are supposed to get wet and that should be the barrier for water getting in (hence why the illuminated door sill shouldn't be wet).

bclexus, thanks for the heads up about cleaning seals. i'll make sure to do that when i get the car back (i'm sure they'll miss that during the car wash).