hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck
Old 04-23-15, 09:49 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay guys here's the deal, the car is fixed. However, as I expected the paint match isn't 100% perfect. Wasn't much I could do. They did do a good job, they used OEM parts. I paid the $500 deductible and the guy was basically saying it'll probably be a couple of months until I get reimbursed which sucks ***.

Old 04-23-15, 10:08 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

What was the labor rate?
Old 04-23-15, 10:48 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by faifai83
What was the labor rate?
Lol I don't even know I have to go look at the paper in the morning.
Old 04-24-15, 03:32 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Looks better than what I have seen, some looked yellowish.
Old 04-24-15, 06:29 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not bad, Justin. Now put on some sick wheels and no one will even notice the less than 100% perfection. Your 4GS is begging for the same treatment as your 2GS. LOL.
Old 04-24-15, 06:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

What do you mean "there wasn't much I could do". Don't accept it until you're 100% happy with it.

I'd hand them back the keys and tell them to take another shot at it and call me when its ready.
Old 04-24-15, 08:19 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

I have a 5 year warranty with the place who did the work. When I get the lip for the car I'll probably take it back to them. It's not really noticeable, only one the passenger side where it still has the original fender. I'm going to eventually lower it on Super downs and save up for some 3pc real wheels.
Old 04-25-15, 07:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The 5 year warranty is for workmanship, not because you're unhappy with the paint match. If you don't make them fix it BEFORE you take delivery of the car they're not going to fix it. Anyways, a 5 year warranty for body repairs and paint is terrible. My shop offers a lifetime warranty on their work. They had painted the bumper on my Dad's 98 LS and it started to peel like 7 years later, they repainted it.

Think about it this way...they're saying they're only confident the paint they used will last 5 years. They should be very confident it will last as long as the rest of the paint on the car.

Nonmatching paint is substandard work. Never accept substandard work on your vehicle.
Old 04-25-15, 09:55 AM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
What do you mean "there wasn't much I could do". Don't accept it until you're 100% happy with it.

I'd hand them back the keys and tell them to take another shot at it and call me when its ready.
This! Bring the car back, tell them to redo it. Do NOT accept substandard work.

Also 5 years is BS -- Lifetime warranty is the standard for auto repair.

And, why the hell will it take "months" for the deductible to be returned? You/your insurance is doing something wrong.... Seriously, you're getting jerked around a LOT here...
Old 04-25-15, 11:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

This is why you have to do your ho,eWorld before you decide on a shop, and trust your instincts.
Old 04-25-15, 08:24 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

They said it wouldn't be a quick process because the other party's insurance is some bs small company that's only based here in south Florida. I don't even remember the name. I should've picked the car up this weekend and not on a work day because I was tired as **** when I picked it up. I probably wouldnt have picked the car up.
Old 04-25-15, 09:17 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
They said it wouldn't be a quick process because the other party's insurance is some bs small company that's only based here in south Florida. I don't even remember the name. I should've picked the car up this weekend and not on a work day because I was tired as **** when I picked it up. I probably wouldnt have picked the car up.
I'd just call up the shop and tell them you're bringing it back. Also, call your insurance and tell them you need another rental, etc..

Don't accept half-assed work on your car.
Old 04-26-15, 04:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Absolutely. I don't even know you and it makes me angry you're so willing to just throw your hands up and accept poor quality work.

Looking back through your thread:

Dropped it off this morning. They gave me the option to give me a estimate and then I go elsewhere. Initially I wanted this but if it wouldve exceeded the check it would have to come out of pocket. They showed me a nice shop in South Miami called Maranello Collision.
the lies they fed you make my blood boil. Thats absolutely BS that if you choose to take the car to another shop and it exceeds the amount of the check you have to come out of pocket. In fact...BY LAW...they have to let you take it wherever you want, and if the cost exceeds the original check the shop just files for an addendum and justifies it and the insurance will pay.

If the shop you used is the shop your insurance company recommended, they should stand behind the work themselves in addition to the shop standing behind their work.

What insurance company do you have?!? Why are you paying a deductible, it must be going through your insurance right?

Last edited by SW17LS; 04-26-15 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-27-15, 09:18 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Absolutely. I don't even know you and it makes me angry you're so willing to just throw your hands up and accept poor quality work.

Looking back through your thread:

the lies they fed you make my blood boil. Thats absolutely BS that if you choose to take the car to another shop and it exceeds the amount of the check you have to come out of pocket. In fact...BY LAW...they have to let you take it wherever you want, and if the cost exceeds the original check the shop just files for an addendum and justifies it and the insurance will pay.

If the shop you used is the shop your insurance company recommended, they should stand behind the work themselves in addition to the shop standing behind their work.

What insurance company do you have?!? Why are you paying a deductible, it must be going through your insurance right?
I have progressive. But its too late I already signed the papers releasing the car :/

Quick Reply: Got into my first accident :(