jdpoetry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor baby (the car). Smile.
Old 04-19-15, 08:54 PM
is300sport
Driver School Candidate

looks like ur in miami. at least he has insurance lol. i don't recommend the bodyshop that lexus of kendall uses at all. I heard JM Lexus bodyshop is actually certified by Lexus maybe they might do a good job.
Old 04-20-15, 12:14 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Dammit that hurts... Color matching is going to be a pain. Hopefully they can get it right the first time.
Are they going to blend the front door or hood?!?
Old 04-20-15, 12:18 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought it from Lexus of North Miami so I'll see if I can take it there. If not there I'll try JM. If not JM I work at Braman I don't doubt they'll do a great job on it. This is really depressing to be honest. The appraiser is coming in the morning to look at the car. Hopefully the person isn't a idiot. The hood alignment is really off so I'm not sure if they'll need to replace it. Bumper and fender for sure.
Old 04-20-15, 06:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Wow that sucks, yeah the paint will be hard to match but at this point they should have it down packed, car has been out for a while. I recall some owners having issues, around when it came out.
Old 04-20-15, 09:11 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

If the other party has already admitted fault, let their insurance person come out to take a look but don't let them decide where you can take it. If they say that they will only pay if you use the place they choose, let your insurance know and you may have to file a claim through your own. They won't increase your rates or anything since it wasn't your fault. They will just go after the other insurance to get their money back.

I've been in a similar situation when I had an Audi. The guy went full reverse into the front of my car while we were waiting at a light. Luckily he had insurance, and I called my insurance the next day to fill in the details. Then I just went to the shop of my choice and had my insurance adjuster take a look. They filed the claim for me and that was it. Car was fixed and insurance rate didn't change.
Old 04-20-15, 09:20 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Let your insurance company handle it. That's what they are there for. Worse case is they will front the money and subrogate to the other party's insurance. I was in a bad accident one time on a motorcycle where the other kid had some no name insurance. I had State Farm and they took care of all the bills and subrogated the other party for reimbursement.

As for paint matching, my dealer did a great job. I had some paint work done last year and they matched the SF Pearl paint perfectly.
Old 04-20-15, 09:45 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Dropped it off this morning. They gave me the option to give me a estimate and then I go elsewhere. Initially I wanted this but if it wouldve exceeded the check it would have to come out of pocket. They showed me a nice shop in South Miami called Maranello Collision. I made it clear that if I see as much as one imperfection that the car is going right back. We'll see if this plays out. Theres a $500 deductible that I have to pay, if the other persons insurance doesnt reimburse me Im gonna sue.

Old 04-20-15, 09:50 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

If they're making you pay the deductible, then definitely have your insurance handle it. Since it wasn't your fault, your insurance wouldn't make you pay anything. Don't forget to make a Diminished Value Claim, especially if you own the car.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-15, 10:05 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Dropped it off this morning. They gave me the option to give me a estimate and then I go elsewhere. Initially I wanted this but if it wouldve exceeded the check it would have to come out of pocket. They showed me a nice shop in South Miami called Maranello Collision. I made it clear that if I see as much as one imperfection that the car is going right back. We'll see if this plays out. Theres a $500 deductible that I have to pay, if the other persons insurance doesnt reimburse me Im gonna sue.

Sucks, hoepfully everything gets resolved. I would check from time to time, did they give you a time frame of how long it would take to complete.
Old 04-20-15, 10:12 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dchar
If they're making you pay the deductible, then definitely have your insurance handle it. Since it wasn't your fault, your insurance wouldn't make you pay anything. Don't forget to make a Diminished Value Claim, especially if you own the car.

Good luck!
Diminished value claim? Tell me more.
Old 04-20-15, 04:51 PM
is300sport
Driver School Candidate

if you are going through other drivers insurance you do not have to pay dedcutible. If u decide to use your insurance then you have to pay your deductible and will be reimbursed later.
Old 04-20-15, 07:58 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Diminished value claim? Tell me more.
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-to...claim-cm174744
Old 04-21-15, 11:52 AM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep us updated on how it goes. A Similar situation happened to me and I went back to the "certified Lexus" shop and get some people head screwed on right and my car was restored to perfect condition. Be firm and demand perfection.

Quick Reply: Got into my first accident :(