Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your GS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.60%
I might be interested.
34.34%
Not really that interested.
6.06%
What's a Supercharger?
0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 02:06 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

This would be great. A friend of mine had the Stillen Supercharger on his G37 and it was absolutely amazing. The power it made was great and a very clean and simple kit to install. Hope you guys really make this happen.
Old 05-19-15, 08:31 AM
DTMx222
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd definitely be interested. The price point is a little high though considering I can buy SC kits for other cars for substantially less. I'd expect the price point to be more in the $4000-$5000 range, which is what I could pay for a C7 kit.
Old 05-19-15, 11:33 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMx222
I'd definitely be interested. The price point is a little high though considering I can buy SC kits for other cars for substantially less. I'd expect the price point to be more in the $4000-$5000 range, which is what I could pay for a C7 kit.
That sounds like a great price range but if STILLEN puts a lot of research, time and creates a kit that will complement the aesthetics of the engine bay (e.g. ceramic coated intercooler and pipes, good looking airbox or cover like vortech's systems, etc.) it will probably be more. I'm sure the kit will look great and will be worth the money.

Taken from Vortech's website (Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ engine bay).
Old 05-19-15, 04:53 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shirosan
That sounds like a great price range but if STILLEN puts a lot of research, time and creates a kit that will complement the aesthetics of the engine bay (e.g. ceramic coated intercooler and pipes, good looking airbox or cover like vortech's systems, etc.) it will probably be more. I'm sure the kit will look great and will be worth the money.

Taken from Vortech's website (Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ engine bay).
Ohhh sooooo beautiful!!!!! Thanks or sharing, I hope STILLEN can tune our cars.
Old 05-19-15, 10:30 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

If Automakers have their way we won't be able to do anything to our cars. See links...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/291...-your-car.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/a...s-car-repairs/

Could you imagine making payments on a car, maintaining it, & they say we don't actually own them?
Old 05-20-15, 09:04 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Got to take me off the list. Ended up getting a 2014 RLX Advanced Made 4/14 with 6K miles for $36,500. Couldn't find a 4th gen close to that. When the new GSF comes out 3 years later might trade it in for a used one.
Old 05-21-15, 10:35 AM
shirosan
Driver

Originally Posted by biggame
If Automakers have their way we won't be able to do anything to our cars. See links...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/291...-your-car.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/a...s-car-repairs/

Could you imagine making payments on a car, maintaining it, & they say we don't actually own them?
I would take that with a "grain of salt." Basically, what we (as the consumers) don't own is the proprietary blueprints, software, etc. that go into most products or automobiles. This may be in reference to modifying a stock ECU or programs that make the vehicle run correctly and safely. Now, with that said, I would assess that if modifications were done, it would void the warranty and possibly allow the auto industries not to be liable for loss of property or life. It's just another way to protect one's @$$.

You could also look at it in another aspect like... Microsoft Windows. We, as the consumers don't own that product but we purchase rights allowing us to use it for what it is intended for. What lobbies and lawmakers will need to understand is there is a big difference between the digital realm and the physical realm and if people want to make modifications to the physical realm then any support from the originating factor can be severed. The digital realm is harder to control the capabilities to modify, alter, distribute, etc. continues to be a growing concern. If you need a source, I have a digital forensics and cyber investigation degree (if that helps).

BUT BACK TO THE AWESOME SAUCE! We need an update soon on this bad@$$ supercharger #pantiesinabunch lmao
Old 08-23-15, 06:32 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

Any updates on this?
Old 08-24-15, 05:54 AM
shirosan
Driver

Originally Posted by 95bat
Any updates on this?
Most of the updates are posted in the 3IS 350 forums. That is what STILLEN is working on first before porting it over to other models (if I were to guess).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...read-poll.html =)
Old 08-24-15, 09:24 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shirosan
Most of the updates are posted in the 3IS 350 forums. That is what STILLEN is working on first before porting it over to other models (if I were to guess).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...read-poll.html =)
That is correct. We will be developing the initial kit on the IS350 and then bringing in the GS and RC for testing.
Old 08-26-15, 03:33 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

The Lexus IS350 getting 3D mapped for production parts design. We will use the data to create all the mounting brackets, how to run all the piping, etc. Engineer + Fero Arm = fun day

Old 09-08-15, 08:46 PM
nycxchunk
Driver School Candidate

omg if this works i'll buy it in a second as well, just figure out the tuning issues stillen!
Old 09-28-15, 01:21 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Look what we got in last week

Old 10-08-15, 08:06 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Photo update. A few more tests on the tuning Should have more news in the next couple weeks.

Old 11-02-15, 01:30 AM
Flexus_GS
Driver School Candidate

I'm veryyyyyy interested in the overall development of this kit! I have a '15' GS F-Sport and it can afford the down time of 2-3 Months for development. How are developments so far after the 3D mapping ?
I'm interested in exhaust as well, I've heard the Joe-Z exhaust and i'm not too fond of the sound, especially at WOT.
I will keep my eyes open for updates!

Quick Reply: GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll