Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your GS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.60%
I might be interested.
34.34%
Not really that interested.
6.06%
What's a Supercharger?
0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-15, 01:37 AM
ZRS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm IN!

Waiting for the kit! Send me a proposal as soon as available.
Old 04-24-15, 07:31 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by STILLEN
Thanks for the great responses/feedback guys. We are excited to move forward with this and start the planning phase. I will keep you all updated.
CARB CARB CARB !!

Old 04-24-15, 10:20 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

Can't stress enough the importance of making this kit CARB legal like the 350Z/G35 and 370Z/G37 kits you made. If you do that, you will sell so many more than if it's not. MAKE IT CARB LEGAL PLEASE PLEASE.
Old 04-25-15, 12:30 PM
dman3626
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Very good news

This is awesome news. I've been waiting for more aftermarket support for this potent platform. I would buy in a heartbeat. Thank god I don't live in California. No offense. I could care less about CARB exempt or not. California businesses are flocking to Texas left and right due to their bureaucratic BS and obscene taxes.
Old 04-27-15, 09:12 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are 49 other states, no need to hold up development just because ONE* is a PITA. LOL

___
* Yes, we all know Cali is a big one, but it's still a pain in the...
Old 04-27-15, 04:41 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Would it be a safe assumption that the kit would just fail visual inspection, but pass the rest of the smog test? The visual inspection is workable, if you know what I mean If it fails the rest of the test though, then we're SOL.
I cannot say much on this. I know that most Smog Tests are done at lower RPM's where boost is very low or non existent. So...you can extrapolate from there I guess. This is a bad thing to do and smog saves live

Originally Posted by krava
Anyone up for lending their car for these people to try to get one to work? I know when they were making coil overs or whoever they were for the 3gs someone needed to bring a car in.
We do need a test car for development. It would end up being an extended period of time (2-3 months most likely and the would have to come back a few times after that). Anyone willing?

Originally Posted by GSFSport02
Can't stress enough the importance of making this kit CARB legal like the 350Z/G35 and 370Z/G37 kits you made. If you do that, you will sell so many more than if it's not. MAKE IT CARB LEGAL PLEASE PLEASE.
This is not out of the question but we can't justify the expense right away without seeing how the kits sell. The better the kits sell, the more likely that will happen.
Old 04-27-15, 05:12 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blacksun
There are 49 other states, no need to hold up development just because ONE* is a PITA. LOL

___
* Yes, we all know Cali is a big one, but it's still a pain in the...
Yes it is a PITA. But let's look at the facts. Stillen is based in California. Every other one of their kits are CARB Legal regardless of how well they sell. He'll most of the stuff they make is CARB legal. So it only makes sense. Also no offense to the other states, but let's be honest, California would consume more superchargers than almost all the other states if it was CARB legal. STILLEN should swallow the development cost for making it CARB legal, it's not like they can't afford it. But that's all IMO and most likely won't happen. I guess we just need enough of you in other states to buy it so that Stillen goes for CARB ( if they can get it to and probably a year later).
Old 04-27-15, 05:15 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

I cannot say much on this. I know that most Smog Tests are done at lower RPM's where boost is very low or non existent. So...you can extrapolate from there I guess. This is a bad thing to do and smog saves live

We do need a test car for development. It would end up being an extended period of time (2-3 months most likely and the would have to come back a few times after that). Anyone willing?

This is not out of the question but we can't justify the expense right away without seeing how the kits sell. The better the kits sell, the more likely that will happen.

Basically it won't happen for years after the kit originally comes out, if it ever does, and given you CAN make it carb legal. That's great, let's initially screw the state that you are in and that (almost)everything else you make is legal for.
Old 04-27-15, 06:41 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

No need to be so aggressive, it is all in the planning phases. If more power is that important to you, why did you buy a GS to begin with?
Old 04-27-15, 08:26 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 95bat
No need to be so aggressive, it is all in the planning phases. If more power is that important to you, why did you buy a GS to begin with?
No not agression. I'm just trying to convey that there is a huge market for this kit in California and they will be pleasantly surprised at how well it will sell here if CARB legal. Granted I have ways of passing smog and visual if you catch my drift so I would still buy it regardless, but not everyone has that "option". As for power being important, it's not that major, but is it bad to have it when you want it? And as for why I bought the GS, why not? Buy an unreliable BMW or Mercedes instead? Or the hideous Q50S? Lexus has all other brands beat as far as reliability go (hey, its a Toyota! )and I happen to love the simple, refined Japanese elegance of the GS. It's doesn't have all those exaggerated curves of the Q50S or the drab predictable design of a BMW or Mercedes (IMO). I mean hell, why did you buy a GS yourself? Obviously power wasn't important, but by posting in this thread, hell even bothering to click on it and reading through it, you have to admit that you were interested in the possibility as well.
Old 04-27-15, 10:07 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

We do need a test car for development. It would end up being an extended period of time (2-3 months most likely and the would have to come back a few times after that). Anyone willing? I live off the 5 fwy. Are you looking for a car for the supercharger development or coilovers? Feel free to pm me.

We do need a test car for development. It would end up being an extended period of time (2-3 months most likely and the would have to come back a few times after that). Anyone willing? I live off the 5 fwy. Are you looking for a car for the supercharger development or coilovers? Feel free to pm me.
Old 04-28-15, 09:10 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the poll should have asked if you live in California and are going to buy the kit!

Yes, another Californian here - READY to purchase a CARB legal version

Heck, I would be happy with a camshaft upgrade!!
Old 04-28-15, 01:31 PM
silguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my personal thoughts;

- must be CA CARB legal, able to pass full inspection if I was to take it to a random smog tester in CA.
- price needs to come down a bit, $5-6k range. Preferably free install or at least for a limited time.
Old 04-29-15, 04:17 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silguy
my personal thoughts;

- must be CA CARB legal, able to pass full inspection if I was to take it to a random smog tester in CA.
- price needs to come down a bit, $5-6k range. Preferably free install or at least for a limited time.
The key will be how Lexus prices the upcoming GS-F (I saw an RC-F in the showroom with a mid $70K sticker). The GS-F has a factory warranty with equal or more power.
Old 04-29-15, 08:04 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by terrycs
The key will be how Lexus prices the upcoming GS-F (I saw an RC-F in the showroom with a mid $70K sticker). The GS-F has a factory warranty with equal or more power.
That's correct. If the GSF is priced low, then the supercharger price will be low. But we can expect the GSF to be about 80K, which even though I could afford it, as well as most other members here, it's not worth it. I would rather put my 80K on a new Z06/Stingray ( 80k base,120K fully loaded) and blow the ****ing doors off the GSF as well as most other cars. We just have to wait and see, IF they can even tune it. I called Stillen and a rep confirmed that an intake, exhaust and AP RACING BBK are in the works too.

Quick Reply: GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll