GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Which would you get a used 13/14 Gs350 or brand new Kia Cadenza

Old 04-07-15, 03:19 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

These were at the NY Autoshow I must say they looked ok, I'm a brand snob so I probably wouldn't get it but I can't say they look that ugly they have come a long way and credit is due to them for there hard work. In terms of your situation you sound like me the badge is hard to agree with. As others have stated I would wait or lease one.

Which would you get a used 13/14 Gs350 or brand new Kia Cadenza-fullsizerender.jpg

Which would you get a used 13/14 Gs350 or brand new Kia Cadenza-fullsizerender1.jpg

Last edited by bigblack06; 04-07-15 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 05:13 AM
CSTU93
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a bit confused on exactly what it is you are saying but from what I have gathered you have $20k down and a 740 score. With this, you should be able to get much better than a 6.9 APR.. FWIW, I'm 22 w/ a score similar to yours and recently financed a 2010 for 72/mo @ just over 3.5. Have you tried going through your bank/credit union for an auto loan?

You say you went from 0 to 740 and can only show 8 months of credit. Are you continuing to build your credit or is this a CC or something you financed and paid off in 8 months? From my experience your score obviously has an impact on your situation but payment history and several lines of credit are also key factors. If you don't have anything that is currently building your credit, maybe put all your fuel on a gas card or a CC and pay it in full monthly. This will help you show a positive payment history with a decent monthly amount.

The Cadenza is a nice car for the money but can't compete with the GS. Also, trade/resale value for Kia is horrible and the Cadenza has received quite a few negative reviews for the "intrusive" headrests. If I was in your position, I would keep my current car until I found a 4GS that worked.

Best of luck!

Last edited by CSTU93; 04-07-15 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-07-15, 05:17 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm a new car guy, so I would go that route. I would also shop the interest rate a lot more. That sounds very high and I seriously question the reasoning. I got 1.9 four months ago . I do have outstanding credit, but I'm finding a rat three times higher at your level hard to imagine unless we don't know all the facts. You also should be able to get a lower rate on a new car using the mfrs financing. I don't recall how many months you are going, ht at can be a factor.
Old 04-07-15, 05:34 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Credit score means nothing if he only has 8 months worth of credit history to show for. A person with a credit score of 710 / 5 years history will always get better interest rate than another man with 850 / 1 year history.
To the banks eyes he is still too risky to loan out money to.

What he needs is someone with ga great crdit score and LONG credit history Co-sign for him to buy the car. Them in 5 years if he makes every payment on time his credit will be much better and his interest rate will not be that high maby 3% depends on his cosigner.
Old 04-07-15, 07:55 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
But its fit for a King!!
Off topic, but who the heck dressed Lebron in that ad? I guess just putting on an overcoat with a pocket square is enough to scream luxury. LOL.
Old 04-07-15, 08:17 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

OMG... sorry for being a bad guy but I would never compare KIA to Lexus, two different planets in our universe! I think you are the first one who brought KIA to this forum

http://www.autoguide.com/car-compari...-350-3603.html
Old 04-07-15, 09:54 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you try a credit union? FWIW I got 1.89% for 72 months on a 13 CPO, with a bankruptcy from 2010. Selling price was 42k, I financed 35K
Old 04-07-15, 01:03 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Credit score means nothing if he only has 8 months worth of credit history to show for. A person with a credit score of 710 / 5 years history will always get better interest rate than another man with 850 / 1 year history.
To the banks eyes he is still too risky to loan out money to.

What he needs is someone with ga great crdit score and LONG credit history Co-sign for him to buy the car. Them in 5 years if he makes every payment on time his credit will be much better and his interest rate will not be that high maby 3% depends on his cosigner.
Does the credit score not take time into consideration as part of the overall score?
Old 04-07-15, 02:45 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just drive both and listen when you close both doors. You will make your decision very quick. Also the interest rate is very high just lease it and get the special tier 1 plus since you qualify no brainer. All you need is to prove your income/residence and have enough income to qualify for the payment. Usually 15% or less and your good to go. You also have a great down payment. I am a finance director for Toyota and your a deal all day long tier 1 plus.
Old 04-07-15, 03:03 PM
alex909
Driver School Candidate

I will never drive KIA even if they gave it to me for free. stick with JAPAN
Old 04-07-15, 03:27 PM
Haldol
Rookie

Default Don't get a Kia

The brand of car tells others how smart and through you are when making an important decision. Your decision might dictate who actually goes out with you or if you will remain in your current relationship. Picture your significant other mad at you because the Kia broke down, or your future spouse making decisions in dating you or not. I would rather drive a 2000 Camry, or 1990's lexus then a brand that is not top reliability rated. ny wife loves Mercedes, but I love her too much to let her drive one. I don't want her stranded and I don't want her to spend all her time at the dealer. Hope it helps. Every decision you make affects your future, including credit decisions. Good luck.
Old 04-07-15, 03:30 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

^^^^ Ехactly as ohface said....
Old 04-07-15, 04:21 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by ohface
Just drive both and listen when you close both doors. You will make your decision very quick. Also the interest rate is very high just lease it and get the special tier 1 plus since you qualify no brainer. All you need is to prove your income/residence and have enough income to qualify for the payment. Usually 15% or less and your good to go. You also have a great down payment. I am a finance director for Toyota and your a deal all day long tier 1 plus.
Originally Posted by shurik74
^^^^ Ехactly as ohface said....
It's easy to spend other people's money. Paying thousands of dollars because you like the way the door sounds when it closes is not always a sound buying desicion. (No pun intended)
Old 04-07-15, 04:23 PM
rllx4gs
Driver School Candidate

In my opinion, it's a no brainer. Who in their right mind would choose a KIA over a Lexus?
KIA = Killed In Action
Old 04-07-15, 04:30 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
It's easy to spend other people's money. Paying thousands of dollars because you like the way the door sounds when it closes is not always a sound buying desicion. (No pun intended)
I was pointing out the build quality. He is the one who asked which way to go so, NO I am actually "not spending other people's money" but answering his question. Next time I will explain things as I am talking to my 3 yr old sister sorry for the confusion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which would you get a used 13/14 Gs350 or brand new Kia Cadenza