GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Drivers seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-15, 02:19 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drivers seat issue

My drivers seat feels like it moves slightly after applying the brakes and then back on the gas like when you almost come to a full stop. I haven't found anything about this on the forum but was wondering if any of you have had a similar problem. The car is CPO with 22k and new to me so I can't say how long it's been happening. I feel like I remember a similar problem and TSB with the 2 gen IS but I'm not sure. I'm just trying to get some info before taking it to the devil I mean dealer.
Old 04-04-15, 02:32 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinedown
My drivers seat feels like it moves slightly after applying the brakes and then back on the gas like when you almost come to a full stop. I haven't found anything about this on the forum but was wondering if any of you have had a similar problem. The car is CPO with 22k and new to me so I can't say how long it's been happening. I feel like I remember a similar problem and TSB with the 2 gen IS but I'm not sure. I'm just trying to get some info before taking it to the devil I mean dealer.
I checked TSBs for all years and found nothing on loose seats. Can you actually move the driver's seat by pushing off with your legs against the floorboard, and/or pushing on the back of the seat from the rear?
Old 04-05-15, 11:41 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

there is TSB on it, I took my car in last week for a minor service and the service guy told me there is recall on the driver seat bracket, they changed it to a stronger reinforced one, so call them up and ask, I will try to find out what is the TSb # on it monday.
Old 04-05-15, 03:06 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you mrpartsman
Old 04-07-15, 04:21 PM
rllx4gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 GS 350 Base who has an issue with the driver's seat. The railing in the back of the driver's seat is making a clanking noise when the seat moves. Also there is a broken piece of plastic at the end of the rails right below the back of the driver's seat. Has anyone encountered this issue before?
Old 04-08-15, 08:27 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a busted plastic panel under the passenger seat, facing the floor mats. It's exposing wiring and cushion parts. Not noteworthy for a $60k car. I'm getting it addressed under warranty soon.
Old 04-09-15, 08:24 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

they did not give me the TSB number, but if you have any issues take it to them and have it fixed, they probably wont give it to me either, I ripped them a new *** when I picked up my car, the smart tech left my headlight cap open , and thank God I checked it before I washed the car , or else I would had damaged the headlight.
Old 04-11-15, 09:56 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

here u go, I guess somebody already did the post .
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rs-system.html
Old 11-13-15, 09:10 AM
designzio
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

2013 F Sport - I'm feeling movement in the driver seat while coming to an abrupt stop. Did anyone else have this remedied by dealer under warranty?
Old 11-13-15, 01:50 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

call the dealer the have a recall on it , what they do they change the seat bracket, its under warranty, mine they said they are missing parts so they cant finish it, so i told him screw it leave it alone, when I trade the car in that becomes ur problem.
Old 11-13-15, 06:20 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

I've been dealing with this issue since I picked up my GS 4 months ago. I took it into the dealer a month ago and they told me the seat is fine and that all the gs do it. I know for a fact not all GS350's do it. When coming to a slightly harder then normal stop my seat makes a noise and I can feel it move slightly. Then when accelerating again I hear a click, like it was to lock in place again. I'm glad y'all brought this thread back to life and that I'm not the only one with this issue. The dealership sure made it seem like I was though.
Old 11-13-15, 06:36 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue .. mine is 2013 s350 f sport with 31k .. i bought it new in September 2012
I always feels the click and the movement .. lets wait to see anybody fixed it under warranty
Old 11-13-15, 06:40 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
here u go, I guess somebody already did the post .
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rs-system.html
I read through all the pages in the thread you linked. Our issue is with the driver seat, not passenger seat.
Old 11-13-15, 06:41 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mshmsh
I have the same issue .. mine is 2013 s350 f sport with 31k .. i bought it new in September 2012
I always feels the click and the movement .. lets wait to see anybody fixed it under warranty
If anyone who's had this issue corrected can post the TSB number then that would be helpful.
Old 12-16-15, 01:35 PM
designzio
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

CPO 2013 GS 350 F Sport 25k miles

I just had my drivers seat in for warranty work a few weeks ago and I'm glad to say that my issue is gone. I was feeling movement in the seat if I applied the brake abruptly and let off. Turns out, the tracks were worn out. The dealer replaced the seat tracks and the seat is now super solid.

The tech tried to say nothing is wrong at first but then I had them follow me to the brand new GS350 F Sport and shake the seat, no movement. Mine was moving like crazy.

Quick Reply: Drivers seat issue