GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

About to jump ship

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 10:54 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to jump ship

I'm 2 years into a 3 year lease...got a call from my dealer asking if I'd be interested in turning in the car early and jumping into something new. At first I ignored him, then finally called him back after a couple of weeks. I've loved my GS from day one, but about a month ago some guy pulled up next to me in a RC350 F Sport and I just about soiled myself! Those babies are freaking awesome looking.

Before I make a move, I was wondering if there are any confirmed changes coming for the 2016 GS models....I was told by the dealer it would basically be the new grill but nothing major. It's been a while since I've been on here and haven't kept up with the latest news.

Anything new on the horizon for 2016?
Old 04-01-15, 11:07 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I would wait for the 2016 GS, it will have a better tech all around.

RC 350 has a weird looking front end but I'd go for the RCF if wallet allows. The longer u wait the better the deals u can get on the RC, let the hype cool off for now, they don't have any incentives for that car yet and the money u'll be paying could end up being more or the same as the GS payments.
Old 04-01-15, 11:10 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I would wait for the 2016 GS, it will have a better tech all around.

RC 350 has a weird looking front end but I'd go for the RCF if wallet allows. The longer u wait the better the deals u can get on the RC, let the hype cool off for now, they don't have any incentives for that car yet and the money u'll be paying could end up being more or the same as the GS payments.
Good point. I have been a little disappointed in the tech on our cars. And they're not budging much on the RC's right now.
Old 04-01-15, 11:13 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thedwp
I'm 2 years into a 3 year lease...got a call from my dealer asking if I'd be interested in turning in the car early and jumping into something new. At first I ignored him, then finally called him back after a couple of weeks. I've loved my GS from day one, but about a month ago some guy pulled up next to me in a RC350 F Sport and I just about soiled myself! Those babies are freaking awesome looking.

Before I make a move, I was wondering if there are any confirmed changes coming for the 2016 GS models....I was told by the dealer it would basically be the new grill but nothing major. It's been a while since I've been on here and haven't kept up with the latest news.

Anything new on the horizon for 2016?
I assume you've already driven an RC ? In my opinion you are downgrading in every facet but the Tach. Looks are subjective but i have to disagree RCF is awesome looking RC F Sport Eh.
Old 04-01-15, 11:17 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The 350 grille is too damn big.
Old 04-01-15, 11:22 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Agreed its also too high looks like an RX F sport from the front. Those skinny front brake ducts don't help either.
Old 04-01-15, 11:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I don't like where Lexus is going with these massive spindle grilles. All the new models look good all around except the grille. I think they have lost the classy looking and now they're looking cheap.
Old 04-01-15, 11:37 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

I think my IS F Sport grille is the spindles best execution and I'm hoping the 2016 GS F sport looks closer to this.
Old 04-01-15, 11:41 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Although judging based on the GS F it didn't keep the tight middle and went wide like the RC
Old 04-01-15, 11:50 PM
maroonsky
Driver School Candidate

Judging by the GS F pictures, the 2016 model will get a new multifunctional wheel (photo) and "back" and "enter" buttons (photo).
Old 04-01-15, 11:58 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Hopefully the digital Tach for F sports
Old 04-02-15, 01:01 AM
thedwp
Rookie

I don't hate the new grills. But they don't work for every single model. I def don't like them on the RX. Plus when you live in a state that requires a front tag, it looks really tacky. I think Lexus is trying to skip ahead of bmw and Audi with these drastic lines.
Old 04-02-15, 01:38 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Well, most people thought the huge Nuvolari grille on early Audi concepts looked hideous but now they look common. I like the new RX and RC front ends, not too keen on the NX but I appreciate how daring Lexus are for trying this sharp, creased design language instead of just tacking on a beak like Acura. I wonder why they put two tiny and useless fogs on the 350 when they could have enlarged the brake ducts like on the F.
Old 04-02-15, 06:59 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

If you want to jump, make sure you can swim Seriously though at your point, they will roll a lot of negative equity into the new sale. Unless you have lots of money to throw away, I would wait until LFS offers to take your car back with your agreement to get another one. If it does, it usually happens in the last 6 months of your lease.
Old 04-02-15, 07:57 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I think all FSport models will have the digital tach now cause the new RX FSport does.

Quick Reply: About to jump ship