GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Headlight with moisture build up

Old 03-30-15, 10:40 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Headlight with moisture build up

Here is a good one, I have my 13 GS with the left headlight moisture build up, I should had taken a picture of it before I took it to the dealer, so I dropped it off at Glendale Lexus and they saw it, so now they are telling me because I changed the bumper so the headlight leaked water in it, so to prove them wrong I had pictures taken when the bumper was changed and it was 2 years ago, so I took the pictures to the dealer and showed them when the bumper was changed and also up to date pictures with still no leaks in the headlight, and when you change the bumper cover you do not have to remove the headlights and now they say the car was in a accident, so I told them if it was why is everything original fenders and with Vin numbers on it and why should I bring it to you, if I have full coverage on the car and I am not even worried on the deductible which is only $250, so that's off the list now, so I don't know whats the excuse they are going to give me, so they had my car since last Wednesday and cant figure out, and also if you guys know there is recall on the driver seat bracket, I will post the TSB on it, so they are going to fix that also.
Old 03-30-15, 07:36 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok here is the thing although I'm surprised it is happening so soon, when I went through it I had the same issue and it was a hassle going back and forth with them. I can promise they don't want to dish out the cost of a headlight you will need to continue to fight them if that doesn't work get Lexus Corporate involved.
Old 03-30-15, 09:03 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the drivers seat bracket TSB ?
Old 03-31-15, 05:05 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
Here is a good one, I have my 13 GS with the left headlight moisture build up, I should had taken a picture of it before I took it to the dealer, so I dropped it off at Glendale Lexus and they saw it, so now they are telling me because I changed the bumper so the headlight leaked water in it, so to prove them wrong I had pictures taken when the bumper was changed and it was 2 years ago, so I took the pictures to the dealer and showed them when the bumper was changed and also up to date pictures with still no leaks in the headlight, and when you change the bumper cover you do not have to remove the headlights and now they say the car was in a accident, so I told them if it was why is everything original fenders and with Vin numbers on it and why should I bring it to you, if I have full coverage on the car and I am not even worried on the deductible which is only $250, so that's off the list now, so I don't know whats the excuse they are going to give me, so they had my car since last Wednesday and cant figure out, and also if you guys know there is recall on the driver seat bracket, I will post the TSB on it, so they are going to fix that also.
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever read in my entire life.
Old 03-31-15, 07:50 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Ok here is the thing although I'm surprised it is happening so soon, when I went through it I had the same issue and it was a hassle going back and forth with them. I can promise they don't want to dish out the cost of a headlight you will need to continue to fight them if that doesn't work get Lexus Corporate involved.
thanks for the advice Big, what happened with yours?
Old 03-31-15, 07:51 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rjm
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever read in my entire life.
when you are mad and frustrated that's what happens, you don't pay attention you just type.
Old 03-31-15, 11:21 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
thanks for the advice Big, what happened with yours?
They finally replaced them, but that was a 2007 GS 450h this is a way newer car shouldn't be this hard. I would contact Lexus corp just to get them involved.