Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

TakedaŽ - Retain Short Ram Air Intake System for Lexus GS350 2013-2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 06:28 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TakedaŽ - Retain Short Ram Air Intake System for Lexus GS350 2013-2014

One of the easiest ways to get more power from your engine is to dump the OE air filter and air intake system and replace them with high-flow aftermarket parts. Aftermarket air intake systems increase airflow to your engine. This is desirable because increased airflow allows your engine to burn more fuel, and more fuel equals more power.

You can easily improve your car's performance and enhance the appearance of your engine bay with the Takeda Retain Short Ram Air Intake System. This system will dramatically increase airflow compared to the stock system, with resulting gains in horsepower and torque. You'll get improved performance you can feel. And this system looks so great; you'll quickly get into the habit of popping the hood to show it off!

For Lexus GS350 2013-2014 it is available in 2 finishes - Black and Polished.

Black Intake System with Pro 5R Air Filter http://www.carid.com/2013-lexus-gs-a...-50415753.html

Polished Intake System with Pro DRY S Air Filter http://www.carid.com/2013-lexus-gs-a...-50415754.html

Find more information about Takeda here.

What do you think about it?

Last edited by carid; 08-19-15 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-27-15, 07:36 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this system allow me to keep the sound generator? Will it fit 2015 GS F Sport AWD?
Old 03-27-15, 07:48 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkenny
Does this system allow me to keep the sound generator? Will it fit 2015 GS F Sport AWD?
U actually don't need to keep the sound generator with this system, it'll make ur engine loud cause it has an open filter design, unlike K&N and others which retains the stock air box (closed design).

I actually like this and might get one since I've been waiting for a long time for open filter system like this.
Old 03-27-15, 07:52 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
U actually don't need to keep the sound generator with this system, it'll make ur engine loud cause it has an open filter design, unlike K&N and others which retains the stock air box (closed design).

I actually like this and might get one since I've been waiting for a long time for open filter system like this.
Think it will be louder than the sound generator. Not looking to loose the quietness of the car while just cruising but I like the growl when I get on it. Thanks
Old 03-27-15, 07:57 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks carid,

we need videos with the differences in sound

love your website by the way (Im a web designer)

MEAHT
Old 03-27-15, 03:22 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 on the sound generator question.

When I've swapped out my stock intake box with similar style intake systems on my other cars the sound did get louder. However I really got more of a higher pitch engine rasp rather than the deep growl that the factory sound generator gives you.
Old 03-27-15, 03:27 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CarID - Glad to see this finally on the market. I was REALLY close to buying the IS350 version of the Takeda intake last summer but I got cold feet (wasn't sure about mounting points) and just got the [lame] K&N drop-in filter instead.

Old 03-27-15, 04:07 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by carid
One of the easiest ways to get more power from your engine is to dump the OE air filter and air intake system and replace them with high-flow aftermarket parts. Aftermarket air intake systems increase airflow to your engine. This is desirable because increased airflow allows your engine to burn more fuel, and more fuel equals more power.
In theory, this works.. but practically.. I'm not too sure. If anything, the air intake might yield a 2-5 hp gain at best (depending on conditions), but of course the butt dyno might say others.

I would LOVE if some of these vendors claiming increase in power from a NA engine would back their numbers up with legitimate before & after dynos.

That would do us all a lot more good,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 03-27-15, 04:23 PM
Jkenny
Rookie

Strange. I checked the website and it does not list the intake available for 2015 GS! Wonder why? Did something change from 2014?
Old 03-27-15, 04:30 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
In theory, this works.. but practically.. I'm not too sure. If anything, the air intake might yield a 2-5 hp gain at best (depending on conditions), but of course the butt dyno might say others.

I would LOVE if some of these vendors claiming increase in power from a NA engine would back their numbers up with legitimate before & after dynos.

~ Im2bz2p345

Wonder exactly how much air is being rammed and the true gains... since the filter sits inside the engine compartment right behind the headlights next to the hot engine sucking in hot air.

It does look nice if you are into that kind of thing.
Old 03-27-15, 04:40 PM
Jkenny
Rookie

Originally Posted by rijc99

Wonder exactly how much air is being rammed and the true gains... since the filter sits inside the engine compartment right behind the headlights next to the hot engine sucking in hot air.

True but I'm sure it has something to do with the shape and material is made out of. It is a nice looking piece of engine candy.
Old 03-27-15, 08:05 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksun
+1 on the sound generator question.

When I've swapped out my stock intake box with similar style intake systems on my other cars the sound did get louder. However I really got more of a higher pitch engine rasp rather than the deep growl that the factory sound generator gives you.
If it's rasp I'm getting than I won't get it. The stock sound generator actually sounds pretty good, deep sound like a V8.

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345

~ Im2bz2p345
Originally Posted by rijc99

True but I'm sure it has something to do with the shape and material is made out of. It is a nice looking piece of engine candy.
I can tell u right now u won't get any gain with any aftermarket air intake system, at least none that u can actually feel, it's all in ur head. This thing is more for looks and sound.
Old 03-28-15, 03:47 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

If it's rasp I'm getting than I won't get it. The stock sound generator actually sounds pretty good, deep sound like a V8.

I can tell u right now u won't get any gain with any aftermarket air intake system, at least none that u can actually feel, it's all in ur head. This thing is more for looks and sound.
Agreed. The only way to tell is on a Dyno. I believe it will gain something but not anything you can feel. I gained minimal HP and torque on my motorcycle when I changed out to a low restriction intake and air filter, the real gains came in changing the exhaust, intake and filter. Then you have something you can feel!! I like the sound generator too much to loose it and I don't like the whistle whine you get from most intakes. IMHO this is a luxury car and I don't want to hear anything unless I get on the throttle, which is what Lexus intended. I may just change to a K&N filter just to scratch the itch this has created!! LOL
Old 03-30-15, 12:02 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for your feedback, guys! Unfortunately, we don't have any videos with the differences in sound. This Air Intake System fits Lexus GS350 2013-2014, 2013-2014 Lexus GS 350 F Sport V6-3.5L, 2015 Lexus RC 350 V6-3.5L. In-house Dyno testing resulted in max gains of 13 HP and 11 lbs. x ft. of torque.
Old 09-07-15, 06:29 PM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

Originally Posted by carid
Thank you for your feedback, guys! Unfortunately, we don't have any videos with the differences in sound. This Air Intake System fits Lexus GS350 2013-2014, 2013-2014 Lexus GS 350 F Sport V6-3.5L, 2015 Lexus RC 350 V6-3.5L. In-house Dyno testing resulted in max gains of 13 HP and 11 lbs. x ft. of torque.
Any videos nowadays?