GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Limited Service Campaign...SRS system

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-15, 07:18 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealership in Sacramento never fills up with gas. At least they have loaners available.
Old 04-12-15, 09:01 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Interesting theory on the 'early 4GS' requiring the recall. I picked up my 4GS in April 2012 (build is February 2012), and when I put the VIN in the Toyota site, no recall showed up.

I have an AWD F-Sport and am in Canada, not sure if any of that makes a difference. Maybe the F-Sport seats?
Old 04-17-15, 03:48 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Did you guys get a letter in mail for the recall? My vin shows that it is included in recall but have to date not received any notification of same.
Old 04-17-15, 05:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

No letter. My parts are on order, going in next week.
Old 04-17-15, 05:56 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I got the letter few days ago, but I made an appointment already a week ago.
Old 04-17-15, 06:41 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Went in to pick my car up after a week. As I was driving out I noticed the seatbelt and air bag icon were on and the car began to beep as if some one was in the passenger seat (maybe casper was riding shotgun? ). I turned right around and took it back. When they plugged the computer in they got a few error messages so they gave me back the loaner.
Old 04-17-15, 11:53 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tompass
Did you guys get a letter in mail for the recall? My vin shows that it is included in recall but have to date not received any notification of same.
Yes. I got a letter in the mail.
Old 04-18-15, 12:32 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks. Due for service in 1000 miles so hopefully will get the letter prior to scheduling.
Old 04-18-15, 02:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You don't need the letter, they'll pull it up in the computer.
Old 04-18-15, 03:57 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Went in to pick my car up after a week. As I was driving out I noticed the seatbelt and air bag icon were on and the car began to beep as if some one was in the passenger seat (maybe casper was riding shotgun? ). I turned right around and took it back. When they plugged the computer in they got a few error messages so they gave me back the loaner.
The EXACT same thing happened to me. They told me it was normal and I had to fight with them to check my car again. Of course they were wrong and it wasn't normal and they had to replace the ECU a second time.
Old 04-25-15, 07:30 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

So pissed off right now!

I scheduled an appointment for this recall 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we called to confirm if the parts were in, we were told they were! I come in this morning and the guy tells me you have to come back in 2 weeks, we need to order the parts??????!!!! WTF? I told him I made an appointment 2 weeks ago and was told that the parts were in yesterday? He said, well you should have come in and bring the car first, and not schedule it over the phone. WTTTFFF? ????????? Now for each recall, I have to come in, show my car and go back home to wait for parts to come in? What kind of BS is that ? I think it's official, the Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn is the worst Lexus dealership in America.

I'm going to a different dealer, even if I have to wait another month to do this recall.

Last edited by SNiiP3R; 04-25-15 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-25-15, 07:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Something is strange about the way the parts are ordered or reflect in the system. My guy called to tell me my parts were in, and then called me about a few minutes later and told me to hold off, because the parts actually weren't there. It showed my order had been fulfilled but the inventory was zero.

That was Monday, I've yet to get another call that they're in.
Old 04-25-15, 08:08 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Something is strange about the way the parts are ordered or reflect in the system. My guy called to tell me my parts were in, and then called me about a few minutes later and told me to hold off, because the parts actually weren't there. It showed my order had been fulfilled but the inventory was zero.

That was Monday, I've yet to get another call that they're in.

I totally understand that there might have been a glitch in the system, things like that do happen. What really pissed me off though, was the fact that I had to bring the car in for them to do the paper work. I do not ever recall needing to bring the car in just to order some parts? I asked the guy, why do I have to bring the car in, if you have all the information in the computer? He could not answer me. I mean, if that's the case, why could not they tell me this over the phone when I was making the appointment ? Lexus service is really going downhill lately :/
Old 04-25-15, 08:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I totally understand that there might have been a glitch in the system, things like that do happen. What really pissed me off though, was the fact that I had to bring the car in for them to do the paper work. I do not ever recall needing to bring the car in just to order some parts? I asked the guy, why do I have to bring the car in, if you have all the information in the computer? He could not answer me. I mean, if that's the case, why could not they tell me this over the phone when I was making the appointment ? Lexus service is really going downhill lately :/
Yeah thats just stupid.
Old 04-25-15, 09:15 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
So pissed off right now!

I scheduled an appointment for this recall 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we called to confirm if the parts were in, we were told they were! I come in this morning and the guy tells me you have to come back in 2 weeks, we need to order the parts??????!!!! WTF? I told him I made an appointment 2 weeks ago and was told that the parts were in yesterday? He said, well you should have come in and bring the car first, and not schedule it over the phone. WTTTFFF? ????????? Now for each recall, I have to come in, show my car and go back home to wait for parts to come in? What kind of BS is that ? I think it's official, the Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn is the worst Lexus dealership in America.

I'm going to a different dealer, even if I have to wait another month to do this recall.
I had an appointment a month ago and they cancelled my appointment stating that the dealership isn't doing repairs at this time?!?

Quick Reply: New Limited Service Campaign...SRS system