GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Limited Service Campaign...SRS system

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-15, 05:47 AM
Igor911
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so update -

dealer has to order parts and will call me next week. Said it would be an all-day appointment
Old 03-28-15, 09:16 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Igor911
so update -

dealer has to order parts and will call me next week. Said it would be an all-day appointment
Did you have to return the loaner in between visits?
Old 03-28-15, 10:15 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
Did you have to return the loaner in between visits?
No loaner on first visit. Yesterday when I bring it in have to wait for 45 minutes for them to confirm TSB and verify the parts to order. Next time they'll have to give a loaner. LOL. Parts order took 2 days if in stock.

I'm not fond of this recall because they'll have to disassemble the whole passenger seat to fix it. I'll make sure they won't mess up anything else while fixing it.
Old 03-28-15, 10:34 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by onexcite
No loaner on first visit. Yesterday when I bring it in have to wait for 45 minutes for them to confirm TSB and verify the parts to order. Next time they'll have to give a loaner. LOL. Parts order took 2 days if in stock.

I'm not fond of this recall because they'll have to disassemble the whole passenger seat to fix it. I'll make sure they won't mess up anything else while fixing it.
How do you make sure they won't mess up?
Old 03-28-15, 02:49 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

How do you make sure they won't mess up?
Tell them and take a few pictures of the interior. When you pick up check it carefully before you drive off. There nothing else you can do.
Old 03-28-15, 06:00 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
My dealer never puts a single drop of gas. Some recalls took as long as 2. - 3 days, and still no free gas. They do wash the car everytime though.
I thought it was Lexus corporate policy to fill the tank with a recall repair. Hell, when I bought my first Lexus (SC400, 1994) they filled the tank with every service!
Old 03-29-15, 09:43 AM
johnphan79
Rookie

Originally Posted by petek22
Just saw this on http://www.toyota.com/recall website when i put my VIN in to check for service campaigns....Anyone else get this. Looks like it's brand new.

Description
The front passenger seat assembly is equipped with sensors for the occupant classification system which are used to control the operation of supplemental restraint systems (SRS), including the front passenger airbag. The sensors classify the weight of the occupant and activate or deactivate the front passenger airbag accordingly. Additionally, the sensors are used to detect certain vehicle collisions. Due to the current collision detection thresholds, the system may interpret certain occupant seating usages or road conditions as a rear collision and illuminate the Airbag Warning Light and "AIR BAG OFF" indicator, disabling the front passenger air bag. Lexus dealers will perform the remedy at no charge to vehicle owners.
Remedy
The remedy for this Limited Service Campaign will vary by model and model production dates. Lexus dealers will replace the front passenger lower seat Frame Assembly. Additionally, depending on vehicle production date, in some cases dealers will also replace the Occupant Classification System ECU. The remedy will be performed at no charge to vehicle owners. This LSC will be available until December 31, 2017, and will only be available at an authorized Lexus Dealer.
Thank you...
Took mine in for an oil change and this recall.
Car still there til monday.

Update:

Got my car back today with Recall done.

See pic below for charges.

Note. I got a loaner since Sat free of charge. But didn't get lucky enough for a free tank of gas. :-)

According to my dealer... I'm the 1st to do LSC recall at their dealer.

Last edited by johnphan79; 03-30-15 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 11:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
I thought it was Lexus corporate policy to fill the tank with a recall repair. Hell, when I bought my first Lexus (SC400, 1994) they filled the tank with every service!
The service isn't the same as it was back then lol. Even back when my Dad got his first Lexus in 1998, its definitely different. Still good, but not as over the top good. I feel the cars are really the same way, still very good...but not as over the top over-engineered as they used to be.

Anyways, it depends on the recall. They did a full tank of gas for the brake recall they did on mine. Have to see the campaign to see whether it gets a free tank of gas.

I've had recalls without a free tank of gas for sure.
Old 03-30-15, 06:42 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnphan79
Thank you...
Took mine in for an oil change and this recall.
Car still there til monday.

Update:

Got my car back today with Recall done.

See pic below for charges.

Note. I got a loaner since Sat free of charge. But didn't get lucky enough for a free tank of gas. :-)

According to my dealer... I'm the 1st to do LSC recall at their dealer.

Which dealership was this?
Old 03-30-15, 08:32 PM
johnphan79
Rookie

Which dealership was this?
Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. (Loaner available - IS & CT by Enterprise - Free if u doing warranty work)

2nd choice would be Thousand Oaks Lexus... (they're do have ES for loaner as well.)
Old 03-31-15, 06:52 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im good to go! thank god lolsss
Old 03-31-15, 07:51 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Just got mine back today. They did an excellent job, everything back just like before, the seat up and running 18 ways, heat & cool & airbag occupant sensor as well. No trim damaged or scratch. They also gave me a $50 visa card for the recall, no gas tank. The service rep mention every recall come with $50 gift card FYI.
Attached Thumbnails New Limited Service Campaign...SRS system-img034.jpg  
Old 04-01-15, 05:41 PM
thholr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked mine up today from the 40K service and the SRS recall and no gift card maybe a regional thing.
Old 04-01-15, 09:06 PM
Transient
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if I can bring my GS to any Lexus for this service or will I have to bring the GS to the dealership that I purchased from?
Old 04-01-15, 09:07 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by Transient
Does anyone know if I can bring my GS to any Lexus for this service or will I have to bring the GS to the dealership that I purchased from?
You can bring your GS to any authorized Lexus dealership for this limited service campaign.

Quick Reply: New Limited Service Campaign...SRS system