Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 02:44 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
holly molly, that dealer is a dog
They should shut it down, it's bad for Lexus' reputation.
Old 03-24-15, 03:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

They only have 11 total reviews dating all the way back to 2012. Maybe they've only sold a dozen cars in the past few years...

Here's your guy!

Mark Marchant
Old 03-24-15, 03:09 PM
XFactor7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Looks like ur not the only one getting a bad service from this dealer. Their rating is awful!

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Le...-review-41439/
Heyyyy those reviews are only one side of the story!!! Dont we all need to hear from both sides first? There must be something missing from those reviews!!!
Old 03-24-15, 03:10 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactor7
Heyyyy those reviews are only one side of the story!!! Dont we all need to hear from both sides first? There must be something missing from those reviews!!!
Nope. Here is a simple rule, if that rule is execute properly there would be no bad reviews! Here it goes: The customer is always right!!! Get it in your head and life will be great!
Old 03-24-15, 03:18 PM
XFactor7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastTags
Nope. Here is a simple rule, if that rule is execute properly there would be no bad reviews! Here it goes: The customer is always right!!! Get it in your head and life will be great!
You dont wanna know what would happen to this country if my colleagues and I have to follow that rule
Old 03-24-15, 04:19 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Lexus of Riverside is doing horribly compared to other dealers in SoCal according to Dealer Rater. 0% of customers would recommend them, which is horrible! I wonder if the dealer (owner and manager) and Lexus Corp are aware...it's obvious that some changes need to be made...

Old 03-24-15, 04:49 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XFactor7
You dont wanna know what would happen to this country if my colleagues and I have to follow that rule
X there are limits to eveything, but this is a good general rule. Some people in customer serviujust dont get it and dont know when to shut up.
Old 03-24-15, 04:50 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

So many times when I didnt tip bc the waiter/waitress said something, so many times i didnt buy bc salesman said something he shouldn't have etc.. So many stupid mistakes
Old 03-24-15, 07:15 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I think that dealer really screwed up this time by humiliating the guy. Now we all know their shytty business practice and nobody's going to go there. I know I wouldn't even get near them.
Old 03-24-15, 07:45 PM
kerplunk38
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really stinks that you had a bad experience with that dealership. This should serve as a learning experience for you to take your business elsewhere in the future.

If I was you I would not have posted your story in such great detail while also naming the dealership. You've accused them of slander in your statements. While this is the USA and you do have a right to your opinion so does the dealership. If they see your post they may decide that your accusations are too harsh and they could pursue action against you if they disagree with your side of the story and feel you are hurting their business. It happens every single day. It is your duty to post negative reviews in a responsible manner because your words can come back to haunt you.

Good luck with your endeavor to contact Lexus Corporate. I hope you get what you are seeking.
Old 03-25-15, 01:55 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I think that dealer really screwed up this time by humiliating the guy. Now we all know their shytty business practice and nobody's going to go there. I know I wouldn't even get near them.
Its hard to get near them anyways, I mean they are way out in Riverside for Pete's sake!!

Way to shred these guys online though, this was downright awful service regardless of their side of the story...

Old 03-25-15, 02:27 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

There is some truth to that.
Originally Posted by kerplunk38
It really stinks that you had a bad experience with that dealership. This should serve as a learning experience for you to take your business elsewhere in the future.

If I was you I would not have posted your story in such great detail while also naming the dealership. You've accused them of slander in your statements. While this is the USA and you do have a right to your opinion so does the dealership. If they see your post they may decide that your accusations are too harsh and they could pursue action against you if they disagree with your side of the story and feel you are hurting their business. It happens every single day. It is your duty to post negative reviews in a responsible manner because your words can come back to haunt you.

Good luck with your endeavor to contact Lexus Corporate. I hope you get what you are seeking.
Old 03-25-15, 04:19 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

I agree with you on the importance of choosing one's language carefully. You have a valid point.

Separately, while I am not a legal professional, I read that horrible track record on DealerRater, and it's unclear what leg these folks would have to stand on (in terms of showing "damages", etc.).

DealerRater is a huge mystery to me, and I've wondered whether some DealerRater certified dealers are engaging in dubious practices. I see some who have stellar reviews, and I can attest to the fact that they are the exact opposite (and most folks I know have experienced the same as I). One in particular comes to mind, a dealership that got the only negative review I've written on that site because they were so egregiously dishonest, yet they have mostly good reviews in between reviews like mine.
Old 03-26-15, 01:52 AM
flippd
Driver

That would simply damage Lexus's credibility if that were to happen (a dealer suing a client). However, this is America, they sue you to annoy you, but you're still out of pocket for lawyer costs and your time.
Old 03-26-15, 05:54 AM
kerplunk38
Rookie

The USA is litigation happy without a doubt. Dealerships are privately owned entities. They are not owned by Lexus. Dealerships need to protect their business and reputation just as we need to protect ourselves. The key here is there are ways of stating facts publicly in an intelligent way. That was my only advice.

Originally Posted by flippd
That would simply damage Lexus's credibility if that were to happen (a dealer suing a client). However, this is America, they sue you to annoy you, but you're still out of pocket for lawyer costs and your time.

Quick Reply: Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience