GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Operation replace the 4GS...or don't...the search begins

Old 03-19-15, 04:00 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for sharing Steve. I think one of the pieces of info that some may find helpful is the deals are going for the particular vehicle. If you know and include it with your review, I'm sure many will appreciate.
I was facing a white rc f sport earlier. The front end looks pretty good to me. I want to wait to see the refresh. What about the new Q70/70L? Any thoughts on this?
Old 03-19-15, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm betting Steve really wants a little bigger car, especially the back seat...now that he has twins added to his family.
agreed, with twins and both still in rear facing infant carriers, i surely would want something bigger (personal experience)
Old 03-19-15, 04:43 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you given the 2015 Jaguar XF any thought ? With MSRP starting at $50,175, it is a great deal. It is 5 inches longer than the GS, and a little bit wider as well. If you want to keep the sportiness that you had in the GS, this is definitely one you should consider and test drive. The ride is exquisite and it handles competently. There are 3 engine choices depending on how much fun you would like to have.

a 2.0L turbo charged inline 4 which outputs 240hp and 251 lb-ft

a 3.0L super charged V6 which outputs 360 hp and 332 lb-ft [59 lb-ft more than the GS that you will definitely feel]

and a 5.0L super charged V8 which outputs 470 hp and 424 lb-ft

You have a lot of choices with the engine and the interior is very luxurious. It is both elegant and sporty. And they have good lease offers right now. The V4 is around $420 a mo / and the V6 (the one that you would want to get) starts at $579 a mo. Something to consider.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 03-19-15 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 06:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Hmm, you got a one owner (yourself even) 2013 GS350 F Sport that is like brand new for $34.5 to consider… sounds like a pretty dang good bargain to me..

I may very well purchase my 2015 when the time comes, it just does everything I want it to do and is about as close to automotive perfection I have ever experienced!
Mine's a luxury not an F Sport but this is true. Issue is how long I would keep it though. If I were going to keep it 10 years it would make sense, but ti buy it, keep it 2-3 more years and then trade it doesn't really make economic sense vs just leasing a new one.

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm betting Steve really wants a little bigger car, especially the back seat...now that he has twins added to his family.
I would like something a little bigger, but its not really a necessity. They ride in the Jeep, and until they're out of carseats, or at least rear facing seats, they're unlikely to ever ride in my car.

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Sorry if I offended you. It was not my intention. The Hyundai servicing is a pain according to my friends. They had the prior Genesis and would not consider the new one due to this. Not many people are buying the newer Genesis in this area. The GS Is better then the Genesis but of course the Genesis is better then the ES, forgive my statement.
No offense at all, I don't have a Genesis. Its just that the current Genesis is a worlds better car than the previous Genesis. Servicing is what it is, but I use an independent mechanic anyways.

As for the GS being better than the GS...its different. I don't know that I would automatically call it better. Its better in some ways, but the Genesis is better in other ways. The new Genesis is just a great effort.

Originally Posted by 1010GS
What about the new Q70/70L? Any thoughts on this?
I drove them and wasn't impressed. Like the space of the Q70L, like the looks, but lacking in the detail department, tech is behind even the GS, etc.

[quote=PirelliGS[Have you given the 2015 Jaguar XF any thought ? With MSRP starting at $50,175, it is a great deal. It is 5 inches longer than the GS, and a little bit wider as well. If you want to keep the sportiness that you had in the GS, this is definitely one you should consider and test drive. The ride is exquisite and it handles competently. There are 3 engine choices depending on how much fun you would like to have. [/quote]

I like the Jag XF a lot, don't love the spartan interior. Love the styling and it is a great deal.

I've never driven one, I'll take one for a whirl.
Old 03-19-15, 07:49 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I would like something a little bigger, but its not really a necessity. They ride in the Jeep, and until they're out of carseats, or at least rear facing seats, they're unlikely to ever ride in my car.
I'd say you might want to seriously consider buying the car at lease-end and keep it until the next GS makeover comes out, probably in '18. You know the car and you like the car, and you'll have the latest style.
Old 03-19-15, 08:18 PM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the fact that the new Genesis is light years ahead of the previous gen. They're not taking things lying down and their commitment to put out a better product is evident by the R&D of this new chassis. R-Spec 5.0 FTW! Good value but like you I find it difficult to get over the badge also.

Food for thought for the nay Sayers.

NÜRBURGRING TRACK TESTING AND LOTUS VALIDATION

The All-New Genesis’ chassis was developed with an international team of Hyundai experts on roads and racetracks around the world. From Nürburgring to the California Proving Grounds in the Mojave Desert, Hyundai worked to strike the ideal balance of control, confidence and comfort. Engineers consulted with renowned dynamics experts at Lotus to validate performance and meet the demands of the most demanding.
dynamics
Old 03-19-15, 08:24 PM
Willcbooth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not that impressed with my test drive of the 5.0 Genesis...30 miles on it and it had a terrible vibration. I catch myself staring at them when they pass by, but I can't seem to shake...well, the shake.
Old 03-20-15, 02:27 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an acquaintance who attended a "focus group" for flagship sedans-7 series, S class. LS, current Equus, etc. The unmarked car for comparison was apparently the new Equus, which he claims was hands down the top car there (overall package). That is a powerful statement, however one I cannot validate first hand. I don't have much more detail, but I do trust this guy. Just an FYI in case you can get past the badge (or lack thereof)!

The A6 is a nice looking car, but I still find it to look like "every other Audi." For me the A/S/RS 7 is the choice if I was to go Audi.

The 2016 CTS may be worth the wait. I am looking to sell my GS this year and there is a good chance I will end up in a CTS-V (at least it is the current leader in the clubhouse given current research). The exterior is improving, the luxury is there and it will be out late summer, around the time you will be ready to choose.

Good luck
Old 03-20-15, 05:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Willcbooth
I was not that impressed with my test drive of the 5.0 Genesis...30 miles on it and it had a terrible vibration. I catch myself staring at them when they pass by, but I can't seem to shake...well, the shake.
Something was obviously wrong with it. I've driven two and Niether had any vibration. Could have been curbed, who knows what
Old 03-20-15, 05:26 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotta love the Genesis hate....
Old 03-20-15, 06:48 AM
Willcbooth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Gotta love the Genesis hate....
Never said I hated the Genesis...I think it's a beautiful car and it was in my lineup. I think that a majority of people would agree that it would be hard to spend that kind of money on a car that test drove the way it did. Just like the OP, I was leery of purchasing the Hyundai badge for that price. The dealership experience and one test drive quickly ruled out that car for me.
Old 03-20-15, 07:14 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Willcbooth
Never said I hated the Genesis...I think it's a beautiful car and it was in my lineup. I think that a majority of people would agree that it would be hard to spend that kind of money on a car that test drove the way it did. Just like the OP, I was leery of purchasing the Hyundai badge for that price. The dealership experience and one test drive quickly ruled out that car for me.
My question is why didn't you test drive another one? I drove a V8 an a V6 model and I would have no issue buying either based on that drive. The one you drove had a wheel out of balance or a bent rim or a flat spotted tire or something. The two I drove were incredibly smooth.

The dealer did suck.

Price vs badge isn't the issue...its just badge. The car is a steal for $50k, I would have no issue paying $50 for a Hyundai. I paid $50k for a Jeep, Chevys can be 50-60-70k. Its the badge itself, do I want to drive a Hyundai. If it were $30k I'd have the same issue.
Old 03-20-15, 07:22 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

LS460 and Equus FTW... i would be tempted with the Equus... 20K less and you get more. i almost pulled the trigger a few months ago... if you go for the Equus, get the ultimate instead of the signature.
Old 03-20-15, 08:48 AM
Willcbooth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
My question is why didn't you test drive another one?
First impressions are everything especially when you already have that question in the back of your mind. Thought about driving a different one, but I couldn't handle driving another car with that fool telling me the car had 500 hp.
Old 03-20-15, 08:49 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
LS460 and Equus FTW... i would be tempted with the Equus... 20K less and you get more. i almost pulled the trigger a few months ago... if you go for the Equus, get the ultimate instead of the signature.
Syd! Been a while since you've been over here lol. Hope the LS is treating you well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Operation replace the 4GS...or don't...the search begins