GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Operation replace the 4GS...or don't...the search begins

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 09:52 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Never had the feel for the LS. I always thought the previous one looked nicer. (sorry buddy Syd ) Saw a white f sport in the parking lot this morning. Dang was I wrong! Even knowing it's near its end I may go for the LS. I looked more at the Equus and the luxurious look is not really there for me.
Old 03-27-15, 10:30 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

If you've never driven an LS, you should. The way it drives is the big thing.
Old 03-27-15, 01:09 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

The older I get, I understand the LS even more. I'm becoming the target demographic.
Old 03-27-15, 02:27 PM
Mcb345
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In response to the initial post and the debate on what to get... Having recently searched for the best bang for your buck lease deal and landing with a 2015 GS 350 AWD F Sport, I can assure you there are no lease deals out there for any midsize premium sport sedan that can compare to the GS. T

The high residual value, low money factor and very very negotiable selling price yields to a monthly payment that the competitors cannot come close to with their similarly equipped cars.

Long story short, I would say lease a refreshed 2016 GS if you loved your current GS that much. At least then you know you will be very happy with your next car and likely more so with the refreshed 2016 model.
Old 03-27-15, 07:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mcb345
In response to the initial post and the debate on what to get... Having recently searched for the best bang for your buck lease deal and landing with a 2015 GS 350 AWD F Sport, I can assure you there are no lease deals out there for any midsize premium sport sedan that can compare to the GS. T

The high residual value, low money factor and very very negotiable selling price yields to a monthly payment that the competitors cannot come close to with their similarly equipped cars.

Long story short, I would say lease a refreshed 2016 GS if you loved your current GS that much. At least then you know you will be very happy with your next car and likely more so with the refreshed 2016 model.
The GS is an excellent value, but its not all about value.

I also don't have confidence that the 2016 refresh will have lease prices remotely as good as they are on the GS right now, especially since I will be leasing about 2 months after it hits the dealers.
Old 03-27-15, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Incredible deals off MSRP, and not terrible residuals and MFs.

mines $700 which was a good deal when I got it, but not today. I agree, I wouldn't swap out now for the same payment. Better to wait.

That shows you...they can do the same payment on the same MSRP car with $7k negative equity out of mine. Shows you how much better the leases are now.
yes, back in december when i was considering what car to get, i actually thought about the LS, but it was in the high 900s so it didn't make sense. that's why i said if you can get it into 800 range, 80k msrp? to me it's a deal

and yes, most gs leases now you can get very close to 500, that's good 200 below yours which is huge in leases. lexus got very aggressive on the gs coz' of sales and it's running good numbers now

Originally Posted by 1101GS
Never had the feel for the LS. I always thought the previous one looked nicer. (sorry buddy Syd ) Saw a white f sport in the parking lot this morning. Dang was I wrong! Even knowing it's near its end I may go for the LS. I looked more at the Equus and the luxurious look is not really there for me.
i had the 07 ls460l. i think the 2013+ ls, even though it's the same chassis and car technically, the upgrades are great. it's quite a different car to me, interior is huge upgrade and i love it. imho equus is good but it's no match to ls

The GS is an excellent value, but its not all about value.

I also don't have confidence that the 2016 refresh will have lease prices remotely as good as they are on the GS right now, especially since I will be leasing about 2 months after it hits the dealers.
yes, i think we think alike. value wise you can't beat the gs. that's why i ended up with the gs. but if i am leasing (for whatever purposes) and have the mean (in your case), i would rather try something different

if value is the only concern, then i think buying out the car now is the best call
Old 03-28-15, 08:40 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

I've never driven the LS before but I know it's a nice comfortable vehicle. I remember reading a comparison a while back on the previous gen when it came out. If I remember correctly the ride comfort was rated at 98% which was higher than the S at time. Maybe I should drive it. I sat inside it before when I brought the GS in for service. Honestly the interior is not that nicer for the price difference IMO. But I guess you pay extra for the "flagship" model.
I went inside a store, walked out... Moment like this makes it hard for me to give up the GS. As I get closer to lease end, I pay more attention to the car and compare to others.... It does have some subtle hidden beauty that the other guys lack. I can't justify to replace it as an "upgrade". May have to bite the bullet and move to the next level.

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-28-15, 09:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The LS has a glasslike magic carpet ride that is one of the best in the business. It's so refined in everything it does, the GS has glimmers of that, but not the whole thing. No NVH from the drivetrain at all...

I do feel the same way about the GS, nothing in the segment feels like an upgrade...
Old 03-29-15, 03:37 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Hey Steve, did u ever get a letter from LFS or a dealer saying they'll let u off the lease without penalty a few months before ur lease ends? Just curious since ur so close to ur lease end.
Old 03-29-15, 03:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Nope, not yet. I'm still 7 months out...
Old 03-29-15, 04:06 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think I am in the LS demographic, but the LS is not for me. I drove the non F Sport LS and I almost got nauseous from the ride, way too floaty for me. I do like the interior which is nice and plush, but the ride I do not like. So for me, with Lexus, it's the GS or nothing.
Old 03-29-15, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If you don't like the ride but like everything else about the LS, drive an F Sport. Big price difference though.
Old 03-29-15, 04:24 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't like the ride but like everything else about the LS, drive an F Sport. Big price difference though.
Therein lies the problem......big price difference. At the time I drove they were practically giving the regular LS's away. They had no F Sports. Don't quite drive enough right now to justify LS F Sport price.......<10K per year.

Some that have driven the F Sport have said that there is a slight difference between the regular and F Sport, but it still does not feel as planted as a GS F Sport.
Old 03-29-15, 07:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To be fair, they practically give the GS away too. Excellent deals on both vehicles.
Old 03-30-15, 04:39 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

This has turned into a very interesting discussion as it shows how different people have different attributes in a car that are important to them. When I recently was in the market to replace ny BMW 550 I considered a very broad range of cars including all of the cars mentioned in this thread. Having bought way more than my share of vehicles I've learened to go with the one that tugs at my emotions the most even if I have to pay more to get it. I wanted to stay well under $60,000, tried badly to like a loaded $44,000 TLX and wound up in a $73,000 A7.

The point is not whether or not an A7 is the right car for anyone else to buy, but that there are great choices, and we are all here on this forum because cars are more of a passion to us than most. Logical, rational decisions should be tempered with passion for folks like us.

Quick Reply: Operation replace the 4GS...or don't...the search begins