Rainsensing wiper

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 05:01 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rainsensing wiper

Gentlemen,

Is it just as simple as when the wipers activates when it senses water drop on front windshield? the sensor is turned on and it started to not work time to time recently. What's going on?
Old 03-16-15, 05:16 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The sensor need to be on with the green light on the stalk and it will activates the wiper when water drop on the windshield. If it not working have your dealer check the sensor. There could be many reason if you recently have your windshield replaced?
Old 03-17-15, 10:09 AM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onexcite
The sensor need to be on with the green light on the stalk and it will activates the wiper when water drop on the windshield. If it not working have your dealer check the sensor. There could be many reason if you recently have your windshield replaced?
The green light is on and windshield was never replaced. It was working fine until a few months ago for some reason. Oh well.. i guess i'll need to talk to the dealer. it's like throwing egg against a wall when I'm at the dealership. They give you so many excuses.
Old 03-17-15, 10:29 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you just need to readjust the sensitivity a bit?
Old 03-17-15, 12:37 PM
Igor911
Driver

For those with the rain sensing feature, can you also use the intermittent speed feature as well?

For some reason on my car, I can't control the intermittent wiper at all... My modes are either ON (as normal) or FAST. The only time it's ever intermittent is if it is drizzling outside and the rain sensing option is on. Do I have a faulty stalk?
Old 03-17-15, 07:38 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 397 Likes on 241 Posts

Mine has a mind of its own. I always have the green light on and once in while it'll just start wiping..... lol I reset the feature and it stops.
Old 03-17-15, 07:48 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I'm really pleased with how effective the rain sensing feature works when it rains.

I only turn on the rain sensing feature (pushing in the stalk button and getting the green light) when it's raining. My sensitivity setting stays is in the lowest setting. If I ever want a fast moving wipe for some reason I'll use the manual stalk for a few swipes, otherwise when it's raining I always use the rain sensing setting. Works great for me...
Old 03-17-15, 07:50 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Igor911
For those with the rain sensing feature, can you also use the intermittent speed feature as well?

For some reason on my car, I can't control the intermittent wiper at all... My modes are either ON (as normal) or FAST. The only time it's ever intermittent is if it is drizzling outside and the rain sensing option is on. Do I have a faulty stalk?
I believe if you decide to use the regular wiper or an intermittent setting it disengages the rain sensing feature (green light) if that was previously On.
Old 03-17-15, 07:58 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boomin
Mine has a mind of its own. I always have the green light on and once in while it'll just start wiping..... lol I reset the feature and it stops.
I suggest that you don't always have the rain sensing feature On when it's not needed (e.g. misty or raining). The windshield sensor acts like a photoelectric reflective beam similar to a garage door safety feature.
Old 03-17-15, 08:46 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 397 Likes on 241 Posts

Yea I like what you said, I'll just leave it off until it starts raining
Old 03-18-15, 04:53 AM
Igor911
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
I believe if you decide to use the regular wiper or an intermittent setting it disengages the rain sensing feature (green light) if that was previously On.
yes, that is correct but I was saying my intermittent feature doesn't work at all...

Rain Sensing off
Stalk down 1 position - i get normal speed wiping
Stalk down 2 positions - I get super fast wiping

How do I get the normal intermittent wiper???
Old 03-18-15, 09:07 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

I love the feature but it works 75% of the time. Most of the time when the rain is a bit more fine the windshield will be completely covered and the sensor is on the highest sensitivity and it won't always wipe.
Old 03-18-15, 10:17 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

yes, that is correct but I was saying my intermittent feature doesn't work at all...

Rain Sensing off

I don't think you can - I can't.

OFF
One click down - slow wipe, but constant
two clicks down - faster wipe, constant
three clicks down - very fast wipe, constant

My rain sensor works great, I leave it on the lowest setting all spring / summer / fall. So much so that I will 'forget' to turn on the wipers in other cars until I notice I can't see very well.

It doesn't work in the winter because of the snow / dirt buildup on the windshield.
Old 03-18-15, 10:17 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2013 I was able to fine tune how often the rain sensing function cleared the windscreen using the intermittent speed settings on the stalk. Using the speed settings on the stalk did not disengage the rain sensing feature.
Old 03-18-15, 10:47 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Rain Sensing off

With the Rain Sensing Off (Green Light is Off and does not light up) the barrel adjustment switch adjusts the timing 'Interval' of the 'Intermittent' function when in Stalk is moved Down 1 position to Normal Speed. (The wipers may make a couple of passes when the wipers are first turned On.)

With the Rain Sensing On (Green Light is On) the barrel adjustment switch adjusts the rain sensor 'Sensitivity', which in-turn adjusts when the wipers function based on how much rain is detected on the windshield by the sensor at the sensor's location. (The wipers may make a couple of passes when the wiper Auto On is first turned On.)

Quick Reply: Rainsensing wiper