GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Our Lexus Family Just Got Bigger...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 02:10 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
This car gets tailgated a lot, I mean damn!!! Everybody's on my *** the whole time even when ur already driving over the limit. This and the Prius. lol

In the GS, it's quite the opposite, I can hardly see anybody in my mirror even when driving slow.

But build quality is excellent, u get that expensive Lexus feel inside. Just don't compare it to the GS.

Oh I got it down to $30,400 before taxes, MSRP was $34K something. It's a lease too for 36 months cause I don't want to keep it when the hybrid system starts to go bad. $300/mo including tax with zero down and 10K miles a year.
A lot people don't know its a hybrid and thinks its a fast car due to how it looks. I always get tailgated when I drove the CT but when it came to windy roads it was the other way around lol.
Old 03-11-15, 03:28 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a 2015 F Sport CT for a loaner this past weekend. It was a really cool car. I didn't drive it far. Only to my hotel and to the restaurants, which were all in the same parking lot within the dealer basically. I enjoyed the car. I actually haven't ever driven a hybrid before so I thought it was pretty cool.

I think it's awesome to be a 2 Lexus family!!! Especially for one person and $300/mo (especially in Cali) isn't bad at all. Here in NM it's hella cheaper to own a car, registration and sales tax are so much cheaper so I bet your car would be even cheaper here lol
Old 03-11-15, 03:37 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Damn Fily stop giving me ideas! lol. The idea of a second car isn't a bad proposition. I'm paying $95 per month to take a bus to work (which I HATE). Who wants to take a bus to work when you can drive a Lexus hybrid instead.
Old 03-11-15, 05:08 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

U know the CT is nice to zip around town and squeeze into tight gaps and best of all u barely use any gas to run errands.

After driving it for a while the GS feels like an LS.
Old 03-11-15, 10:29 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Nice how does it drive is it fun and peppy. Also clean those wheels! The silver GS suffers from sunlight if there is good sunlight than you usually can get good pictures.
Old 03-12-15, 05:01 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

So... Took a trip to my local Lexus and Toyota dealerships last night (of course I did lol). They said they'd be able to get me in one for ~$300 a month, or $30 for the f-sport w/ nav, which I don't really need. Toyota is a completely different story... The leasing ranges they gave me were insane! They presented a pricing grid that had down payments ranging for $1000-$3000 and miles/yr from 12k up. This little car at its cheapest was $340 a month! Mind you, they only offer 36mo leases. Before taxes! :eek: I'm sure they're some wiggle room but damn! It was nicely equipped with LED headlights(low and high beam), nav, and smart key though. Yet, doesn't have a back up camera oddly. I won't comment on the interior quality since I'm jaded by Lexus already lol.

I'm the end, there's really no way I'd (or really anyone) would pick the Prius C over the CT given how incredibly close in monthly payments you can get. Now obviously I've never leased so this is the price without knowing all of the small details that factor into it (MF, residual, etc).
Old 03-12-15, 07:40 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
So... Took a trip to my local Lexus and Toyota dealerships last night (of course I did lol). They said they'd be able to get me in one for ~$300 a month, or $30 for the f-sport w/ nav, which I don't really need. Toyota is a completely different story... The leasing ranges they gave me were insane! They presented a pricing grid that had down payments ranging for $1000-$3000 and miles/yr from 12k up. This little car at its cheapest was $340 a month! Mind you, they only offer 36mo leases. Before taxes! :eek: I'm sure they're some wiggle room but damn! It was nicely equipped with LED headlights(low and high beam), nav, and smart key though. Yet, doesn't have a back up camera oddly. I won't comment on the interior quality since I'm jaded by Lexus already lol.

I'm the end, there's really no way I'd (or really anyone) would pick the Prius C over the CT given how incredibly close in monthly payments you can get. Now obviously I've never leased so this is the price without knowing all of the small details that factor into it (MF, residual, etc).
Yea those Prius leases are crazy! Why would I pay more for a base Toyota when u can get a Lexus? U can get under $300 for the really base model CT without cam.

I personally would only lease hybrid cars cause of the more complicated technology.

If I don't have my GS I would probably get the CT FSport but since the GS is here, there is really no need for that.
Old 03-12-15, 07:59 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

OP... I'm from Acura family and wouldn't say that a lot of people leaving Lexus family... people leaving but new coming all the time, same thing with other models.

Congrats on new addition... I'm looking for GS350 Fsport model white on black
Old 03-12-15, 09:04 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
This car gets tailgated a lot, I mean damn!!! Everybody's on my a** the whole time even when ur already driving over the limit. This and the Prius. lol

In the GS, it's quite the opposite, I can hardly see anybody in my mirror even when driving slow.

It's called highway bullying Do you plan on buying your GS at lease end?
Old 03-12-15, 11:36 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that GS looks GOOD!!!
Old 03-12-15, 12:06 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rijc99

BTW. First thing you should do is disconnect the space ship sound maker speaker. Just unplug it.

The what?

Is that like the fake engine sound maker in BMWs and Audis?
Old 03-12-15, 12:09 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

No no no, it's a special sound effect for pedestrians so that they know ur creepin' behind 'em! Cause they see me rollin' they hatin'!

U know electric cars have no sound and this car runs on battery at under 25MPH, so...
Old 03-12-15, 12:11 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Atomic350F

Damn that GS looks GOOD!!!
I know! That's what I keep saying to myself every time I get out of the car and turn around!
Old 03-12-15, 12:12 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yardie876
Damn Fily stop giving me ideas! lol. The idea of a second car isn't a bad proposition. I'm paying $95 per month to take a bus to work (which I HATE). Who wants to take a bus to work when you can drive a Lexus hybrid instead.
Why are you taking the bus to work. I thought only poor people commute by bus in SoFla. Did you lose your license because of too points or something?
Old 03-12-15, 12:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1101GS
It's called highway bullying Do you plan on buying your GS at lease end?
I don't know yet but I really like my GS. We'll see how I feel about the new face of the next gen GS first. That massive spindle grille like the RC hasn't grown on me yet.

Quick Reply: Our Lexus Family Just Got Bigger...