GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Android Lollipop Bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-15, 05:37 AM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Lollipop Bluetooth issues

So u got an update for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that changed the operating system to lollipop 5.0.1 and now my Bluetooth goes in and out.

I've tried unpairing the phone and the car and then reconnecting with no luck.

Anyone else having the same issues? This is frustrating... Thanks
Old 03-13-15, 12:50 PM
dajael
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry or your troubles but thanks for posting, I haven't updated my Note4 because I don't want to lose the Blocking Mode like I did when I updated my S5 to Lollipop. Now I FOR SURE won't update.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-15, 05:15 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Samsung Lollipop updates appears to be a bit buggy unless you do a factory reset after the upgrade. My wife had the same problem you identify but with an S5. A pain in the a** to redo your phone after the reset, but worth it to get rid of the issues.
Old 03-15-15, 05:29 PM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

It has seemed to stop but now the Bluetooth music cuts out for a 1/2 sec randomly every 10 mins or so. Annoying when listening to a song and you hear a brief mute.

I haven't done a factory reset on the phone after the update... That would suck!
Old 05-28-15, 09:38 AM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DUFF Ace
It has seemed to stop but now the Bluetooth music cuts out for a 1/2 sec randomly every 10 mins or so. Annoying when listening to a song and you hear a brief mute.

I haven't done a factory reset on the phone after the update... That would suck!
Just posting because I'm frustrated with Lexus on this issue.

In the 11 months I've owned my car I've had 3 Droid Maxx's, 1 Droid Turbo, and 2 Note 4's, oh and one iPad4.

I've had issues since day one with bluetooth.
1) First Lexus Support said they don't know what I'm talking about and to talk to the dealer.
a) Tustin dealer just says "our phones connect to the car just fine, so everything is perfect".
1) Dealer said my car's firmware was up to date, and comparing firmware numbers here on the site mine is the lowest of anyone, but maybe the hardware changed so there aren't any updates.
b) Lexus Support finally admits there is a problem with Android 4.2 and the head unit, but no issues are known about 4.3 and 4.4 (I've always been on 4.3 or 4.4). They said they cannot fix the issue and to wait for a new version of Android, and are surprised when I tell them I'm on 4.4.
c) Lexus said the Technical department would take over the case and contact me in 3 business days. Never heard from them.
2) Carlsbad Lexus (the second dealership I visited and mentioned the problem) said Samsung who makes the head unit said there is an issue, and that it'll be corrected in Android 5.0.
a) They offered a work around that I previously posted. Delete both the phone and car entries. Power off both devices, re-Add the phone and deny the phone's access to messages.
b) Problem was 70% improved after the above, but still occurred, and stilling of audio tracks persisted and at time was as long as 8 seconds.
3) Android 5.0 sent to Note 4, problems not fixed
a) Dealership again said firmware is up to date, firmware is 3 years old at this point (June 2012 when the car was made)
b) Dealership witnessed the phone disconnected, and two guys looked at it and said "remove the phone from the car and reconnect", otherwise they had no clue and said they couldn't help. They recommended I call the Lexus support line again
c) Lexus support line took down the info and said the tech department would look into it, and I should hear back in 3 business days.

It sounds like the 2013's at least have a problem with Android phone and Lexus just throws up their hands and says they can't help. Oddly owners of other manufactures don't have connectivity problems with their android devices (at least people I know who have/had the same phones as me.
Old 05-28-15, 10:47 AM
suprajjang
Driver School Candidate

I upgraded my Samsung note 4 to lollipop over a month ago. I do not have any connectivity issues but after the update, the sound quality of the music played through the lexus enform app is very poor. I have not been able to resolve this and was wondering if the sound quality changed for anyone else.
Old 05-28-15, 01:03 PM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1.Delete SMS (there is a maximum character issue)
2. Delete phone from nav system

reconnect.

If your issue is not solved add this step:

3. Factory reset phone

your issue should be solved. Solved my connection issues with lolipop.
Old 05-28-15, 04:35 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Nexus 6, had no problems with Android Lollipop 5.0, 5.01, 5.1 or 5.1.1 -- Had problems with particular versions of Lexus Enform - gave up and just use bluetooth a2dp.
Old 05-28-15, 06:46 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

This is a documented Android problem that is NOT related to Lexus. My Note 4 (on AT&T) did the same thing, but it also did it with any bluetooth speaker I connected to.

I tried all the other options as well, didn't work... did a bit of research and the fix that worked for me was clearing the bluetooth devices and bluetooth cache, then reconnecting. Now my phone plays fine on all devices.
Old 05-30-15, 01:12 PM
Kane007
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DUFF Ace
So u got an update for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that changed the operating system to lollipop 5.0.1 and now my Bluetooth goes in and out.

I've tried unpairing the phone and the car and then reconnecting with no luck.

Anyone else having the same issues? This is frustrating... Thanks

Off topic a bit but I also have a Note 4.. love it until I installed Lollipop, now its a piece of crap.. buggy as hell.. I am waiting for the next software update to fix the bugs and if it doesnt come soon I may end up throwing my Note 4 against the wall
Old 05-31-15, 04:54 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 63 Posts

My Samsung Galaxy S4 was just upgraded to Lollipop (5.0.1) and I have no issues connecting. I'm upgrading to the S6 in June so I hope that phone works as well.
Old 12-14-15, 07:19 PM
r4nd0
Rookie

I can't get my S4 on 5.0.1 to pair with my 2014 GS at all. The GS pairs fine with a 2015 Amazon Fire tablet.
Old 12-15-15, 08:12 AM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My BLU Viva Android (Lollipop) has problems with bluetooth with both Lexus and my other Motorola headset. It would drop/cut. However my other phone Samsung Edge with Lollipop has no issues with any of the bluetooth devices.
Old 12-21-15, 08:56 AM
r4nd0
Rookie

Originally Posted by r4nd0
I can't get my S4 on 5.0.1 to pair with my 2014 GS at all. The GS pairs fine with a 2015 Amazon Fire tablet.
I'm fairly sure my issue is the phone and has nothing to do with the GS since I'm also now having issues getting it to pair with anything.
Old 12-22-15, 04:20 PM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

Originally Posted by r4nd0
I'm fairly sure my issue is the phone and has nothing to do with the GS since I'm also now having issues getting it to pair with anything.
I updated my Note 4 and I'm not having any issues now. Still get a little audio drop when streaming music

Quick Reply: Android Lollipop Bluetooth issues