GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is this a good deal? Getting it today

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-15, 11:13 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

It'll probably start vibrating really bad at 50+ MPH and start falling apart at 60+ and u'll be riding on frames when u hit 80+ MPH.

My salesman purposely took me to an empty back road and highway and told me to gun it hard and feel the POWAAHHHH when I test drove my car.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 03-01-15 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 03:13 AM
2Hot4U
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmila19
Getting today PM or in the AM

2013 GS 350 - pre-owned from lexus dealer

AWD

10500 Miles

Luxury package with BSM, Cold weather package

For 36500 $.

I would be grateful for any input...

Thank you !
That is a great deal! Only 10k mi. You may not find a better deal. Just ask if it's a CPO and the deal is even sweeter!
Old 03-02-15, 08:39 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
My salesman purposely took me to an empty back road and highway and told me to gun it hard and feel the POWAAHHHH when I test drove my car.
that sounds awesome! If my salesman had done this for me i would have been signing papers before we pulled in just based on the adrenaline factor.

When I go test drive I usually floor it with my wife holding on for dear life and a shook glance from the salesman as he tries in vain to hold that "friendly grin" in place...f that if im buyin im tryin
Old 03-02-15, 09:28 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
that sounds awesome! If my salesman had done this for me i would have been signing papers before we pulled in just based on the adrenaline factor.

When I go test drive I usually floor it with my wife holding on for dear life and a shook glance from the salesman as he tries in vain to hold that "friendly grin" in place...f that if im buyin im tryin
Yes and his buddy is even better, when I test drove a CT200 he just handed me the keys and said go test drive it urself I'm not coming. Do whatever u want, just don't go over 100 miles. I'm like.. Wut?!

But he didn't let me do that on the LS, he had to come.
Old 03-02-15, 09:36 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Sorry guys was at work therefore we could not reply.

No I did not buy the car and am still contemplating. I test drove the car on Saturday asked if I could take it on the highway and the sales rip told me I could not is the insurance company really frowns upon that.

I like the guy but I don't understand why I cannot drive a car I am about to purchase and drive it on Highway, especially considering that 99% of my driving will be on the highway.

Looking at the car from the inside looks very good except for the rearview mirror the home button was very discoloured and there was a white marking on it, I couldn't figure out if it was the paint that was missing for if there was an extra paint like a nail polish on it.

The The salesman already told me that initially the company had decided not to cpo the car As it was too old but then they change their mind. the car was hit on the side but the work was done on left and on the roof. No body work. The Lexus reports note small "dings" on the left - but if so- why would the dealer decide not to coo it?

It looks like a nice car but I'm not sure if I want to purchases especially given the uncertainties and the fact that I just don't have a good gut feeling about it.

I can buy a brand-new car however I don't think it would be a wise financial decision, given my driving habits I'll probably put about 150,000 miles over the next 4- 5 years .

I'm really overwhelmed with the support I received when it came to making decisions and I really want everybody to know I'm very grateful for that...
sharmila19 - I personally would absolutely, most definitely, without any doubt, and without any regret whatsoever, go elsewhere to look for and purchase or lease a car if what you say is true. I would recommend that you DO NOT buy a car from Lexus of Bridgewater if this is how they conduct business.
Old 03-02-15, 11:44 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
sharmila19 - I personally would absolutely, most definitely, without any doubt, and without any regret whatsoever, go elsewhere to look for and purchase or lease a car if what you say is true. I would recommend that you DO NOT buy a car from Lexus of Bridgewater if this is how they conduct business.
Agreed. If you have any doubts, it's wise to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. It honestly sounds as though you need to take your business elsewhere.
Old 03-04-15, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Sorry guys was at work therefore we could not reply.

No I did not buy the car and am still contemplating. I test drove the car on Saturday asked if I could take it on the highway and the sales rip told me I could not is the insurance company really frowns upon that.

I like the guy but I don't understand why I cannot drive a car I am about to purchase and drive it on Highway, especially considering that 99% of my driving will be on the highway.

Looking at the car from the inside looks very good except for the rearview mirror the home button was very discoloured and there was a white marking on it, I couldn't figure out if it was the paint that was missing for if there was an extra paint like a nail polish on it.

The The salesman already told me that initially the company had decided not to cpo the car As it was too old but then they change their mind. the car was hit on the side but the work was done on left and on the roof. No body work. The Lexus reports note small "dings" on the left - but if so- why would the dealer decide not to coo it?

It looks like a nice car but I'm not sure if I want to purchases especially given the uncertainties and the fact that I just don't have a good gut feeling about it.

I can buy a brand-new car however I don't think it would be a wise financial decision, given my driving habits I'll probably put about 150,000 miles over the next 4- 5 years .

I'm really overwhelmed with the support I received when it came to making decisions and I really want everybody to know I'm very grateful for that...
you can't be serious if you are still remotely considering this car