GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

265mi on the ODO, some idiot rear-ends me...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 01:57 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

If you're going the Sewell online route, act quickly. They're shutting down in a couple weeks.
Old 02-18-15, 02:51 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Sewell online site is going down? Why?! Damn!

Yup.. http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ March 1st.

This sucks big time. Now I gotta start making friends with my local parts dept. or pay full retail.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 02-18-15 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-18-15, 03:07 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Sewell online site is going down? Why?! Damn!

Yup.. http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ March 1st.

This sucks big time. Now I gotta start making friends with my local parts dept. or pay full retail.

wow this is terrible news. luckily I got all i needed for my gs350.
Old 02-18-15, 03:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The problem is if something breaks.. and Sewell's prices are like almost half off the retail. lol

And all of my good buddies are at Toyota dealers and they can't order Lexus parts.. GRRRRRR..
Old 02-18-15, 07:15 PM
Transient
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
Luckily, the damage is very minor (you can't really see it, but you can feel that the bumper is slightly deformed.. There's a small wavy feel to it when you run your hand along it.)

Other insurance is taking responsibility, and I have an OEM rider on my own policy.

They don't want to replace the bumper -- only fix and repaint. I think it's kinda BS for a car that was 5 days old when it was hit.

Anyways, does anyone have any advice on what to make sure the repair place does/doesn't do/etc? I'm taking it the place the dealer recommended. I'm gonna try to get them to do a replacement bumper and repaint that one instead of fixing and repainting. But, not sure if that'll fly...

The idiot who hit me wasn't paying attention -- I was stopped at a red light. Road was bone dry, no sun in their eyes, etc.. I was there for about 10 seconds (stopped) before they hit me. Seriously pathetic driving skills...
I was involved in a similar incident. Everyone was getting off of work and I came to a complete stop due to traffic. 3 seconds later the moron behind me rear ends me. No insurance, identification or information. Man identified himself as "Sleazy."

I didn't take my car in to my insurance provider's service shop because I knew they would want to estimate the damage and repair it only instead of replacing the bumper. Anyway, I went to two body shops for a quote. Both indicated that the bumper would have to be replaced if there was a hole or puncture. My friend managed the 2nd body shop and insisted that I puncture a spot with the deepest impact.

When you get the bumper repair/replaced, make sure that the paint patches. I couldn't notice the paint difference of my bumper to the rest of the car in direct sunlight but in the shade, I could clearly tell that the paint didn't match. Also check to make sure that the bumper is property realigned when put back on. There are a couple of other little things but I think those are the two big ones to look out for.

Last edited by Transient; 02-18-15 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-18-15, 08:27 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Luckily, the damage is very minor (you can't really see it, but you can feel that the bumper is slightly deformed.. There's a small wavy feel to it when you run your hand along it.)

Other insurance is taking responsibility, and I have an OEM rider on my own policy.

They don't want to replace the bumper -- only fix and repaint. I think it's kinda BS for a car that was 5 days old when it was hit.

Anyways, does anyone have any advice on what to make sure the repair place does/doesn't do/etc? I'm taking it the place the dealer recommended. I'm gonna try to get them to do a replacement bumper and repaint that one instead of fixing and repainting. But, not sure if that'll fly...

The idiot who hit me wasn't paying attention -- I was stopped at a red light. Road was bone dry, no sun in their eyes, etc.. I was there for about 10 seconds (stopped) before they hit me. Seriously pathetic driving skills...
That sucks, happened to me when I had my 13 GS with only 3K on it. I will tell you to make sure everything is flawless as I got mine back while on vacation and my service adviser took a pic and the paint was completely off, so please make sure the paint matches the paint was liquid platinum.
Old 02-18-15, 09:32 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Nooooooo.... Can u get ur car back now? Cause I've had bad experience with dealer recommended body shops. They steal and swap parts...

At least with Lexus Certified shops u can call Lexus Corp. if the car came back funny.
They seem fine.. I have OEM parts coverage, and they have decent Yelp reviews...

Besides, they've already taken it all apart, etc.. They'd charge me to take it back now. Sounds like they're replacing the bumper -- and letting me take the old bumper too

But, what do you mean "steal and swap parts"? You mean they take good parts off the car and swap with 3rd party? That doesn't seem right....
Old 02-18-15, 09:34 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigblack06
That sucks, happened to me when I had my 13 GS with only 3K on it. I will tell you to make sure everything is flawless as I got mine back while on vacation and my service adviser took a pic and the paint was completely off, so please make sure the paint matches the paint was liquid platinum.
They swear that they can match the paint exactly... I have a very good eye for color, so, I'll be inspecting it very closely.

Yeah, I'm not happy about any of this.
Old 02-18-15, 09:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

They seem fine.. I have OEM parts coverage, and they have decent Yelp reviews...

Besides, they've already taken it all apart, etc.. They'd charge me to take it back now. Sounds like they're replacing the bumper -- and letting me take the old bumper too

But, what do you mean "steal and swap parts"? You mean they take good parts off the car and swap with 3rd party? That doesn't seem right....
I've taken my old Corolla to a dealer recommended body shop and they swapped out one of my good headlights and windshield washer nozzle with another car (I ended up getting the bad ones) and their paint was very thin and it faded after a year or two. Since then I have trust issue with body shops cause u don't know what they do to ur car.

But this was before Internet reviews are available, so maybe shops that have good reviews will do the right thing.
Old 02-18-15, 10:23 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

I've taken my old Corolla to a dealer recommended body shop and they swapped out one of my good headlights and windshield washer nozzle with another car (I ended up getting the bad ones) and their paint was very thin and it faded after a year or two. Since then I have trust issue with body shops cause u don't know what they do to ur car.

But this was before Internet reviews are available, so maybe shops that have good reviews will do the right thing.
I shouldn't be reading this stuff...

On the plus side, I'm willing to bet I'm the only 2015 GS 350 F-Sport in the shop.. No chance to swap parts, even if they wanted to

But, seriously, I need to stop reading this stuff....
Old 02-18-15, 10:38 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Nah.. u'll be fine.