GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Accident last week. Really missing the GS F-Sport now.

Old 02-13-15, 11:53 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Thanks man. I did walk into my dealer today and we are going to work on the 2015 GS350 F-Sport deal for me to switch out of the current car once its out of the body shop in 1-2 weeks.
I would be the same after an accident your car is never the same.
Old 02-14-15, 03:54 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bad accident last week after slipping on ice and sleet near an intersection that was not plowed properly. Even with my Bridgestone Blizzaks I had which have been phenomenal in the past 2 years without issues on this car or any prior ones, I couldn't stop. The car slammed into an SUV that suffered minor damage. No one is at fault and I am ok. The car is in body shop for another 2 weeks. The car lease is up March 22 so I am thinking of getting a new GS. The current one has been fantastic and I really really miss it now and want to take a peak into the body shop to see how she is doing. She's a strong car and I am impressed as how it handled the accident. I felt safe which is very important. It looks bad but everything was running smoothly after the accident with the exception of the front parking sensor failure. I drove it for 1 day after the accident until I got it into the body shop.
How is it No one is at fault? Your at fault for hitting the SUV! I don't understand how you can say no one's at fault due to slipping ice and sleet that was not plowed correctly. You hit the SUV! It's your fault regardless if the road was plowed properly or not. You should use due diligence when you drive on such roads.
Old 02-14-15, 05:16 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS35014
How is it No one is at fault? Your at fault for hitting the SUV! I don't understand how you can say no one's at fault due to slipping ice and sleet that was not plowed correctly. You hit the SUV! It's your fault regardless if the road was plowed properly or not. You should use due diligence when you drive on such roads.
So what you are implying its not only me at fault here. I did not get ticket since the cop states that ice is dangerous and cannot be seen by anyone no matter how slow you drive and the intersection was so poorly plowed that several other cars skidded the very same day along with the cop. I have been driving many years in the winter without issue.Regardless, as a physician I use due dilligent everyday with my patient. So thank you for reminding me.
Old 02-15-15, 03:19 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

So what you are implying its not only me at fault here. I did not get ticket since the cop states that ice is dangerous and cannot be seen by anyone no matter how slow you drive and the intersection was so poorly plowed that several other cars skidded the very same day along with the cop. I have been driving many years in the winter without issue.Regardless, as a physician I use due dilligent everyday with my patient. So thank you for reminding me.
Just because the cop didn't ticket you doesn't mean it's not your fault. Ask your insurance company if your at fault or not then come back on here to reply to me. Just because you claim your a physician doesn't mean you can't get into a accident that your at fault which you are. Plain and simple you hit the SUV while you was driving, it's your fault. Ask any lawyer and you will get the same response. BTW I am a lawyer so there goes my response.
Old 02-15-15, 06:43 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Back to the topic. I'm going to get the 2015 GS next week and the dealer will pay the first month payment.

I am not sure if I want the Liquid Silver on Flaxen or Ultra White on Cabernet.

Last edited by Rexus300; 02-15-15 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-15-15, 07:06 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Just because the cop didn't ticket you doesn't mean it's not your fault. Ask your insurance company if your at fault or not then come back on here to reply to me. Just because you claim your a physician doesn't mean you can't get into a accident that your at fault which you are. Plain and simple you hit the SUV while you was driving, it's your fault. Ask any lawyer and you will get the same response. BTW I am a lawyer so there goes my response.
Thats fine you are a lawyer. You made your point. Try to be more friendly and more enthusiastic on this forum. Don't ruin the environment we have here
Old 02-15-15, 07:12 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 563 Likes on 385 Posts

Back to the topic. I'm going to get the 2015 GS next week and the dealer will pay the first month payment.

I am not sure if I want the Liquid Silver on Flaxen or Ultra White on Cabernet.
I think you want the Atomic Silver with Cabernet
Old 02-15-15, 07:15 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
I think you want the Atomic Silver with Cabernet
I haven't seen on in person but lot of people love that color! Maybe I will pop in to the dealer tomorrow to see if they have one.
Old 02-15-15, 10:00 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

If between Liquid silver, Ultra white, and Atomic silver...my vote is for Liquid silver either on flaxen or cabernet.
Old 02-15-15, 10:28 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are taking votes, mine goes to Atomic Silver w/ cabernet.
Old 02-15-15, 03:10 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

I am so confused now. I have to see the atomic silver in person tomorrow. They have a GS F-Sport in that color and I will update you guys on what I decided. Thank you!
Old 02-15-15, 06:36 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I would have to agree that the OP is not at fault and so is the other driver. Have you ever heard of a NO FAULT state? Well in michigan its the LAW, look it up sometime. Snow related accidents happends all the time. So the state of Michigan has deemed there state a no fault state meaning no matter who hits who there is no sueing and finger pointing of who is wrong or right. Each individuals insurance takes care of there own. Even if I caused an accident but as long as weather was involved my insurance takes care of me and his insurance takes care of him. And if he is too cheap to buy collision/comprehensive coverage insurance than too bad for him. Ive seen a 15 car pile up at an intersection and it was a mess of an accident in this situation how in the world you determine who is at fault? NO one can stop in Black ICE.
Old 02-16-15, 04:36 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I would have to agree that the OP is not at fault and so is the other driver. Have you ever heard of a NO FAULT state? Well in michigan its the LAW, look it up sometime. Snow related accidents happends all the time. So the state of Michigan has deemed there state a no fault state meaning no matter who hits who there is no sueing and finger pointing of who is wrong or right. Each individuals insurance takes care of there own. Even if I caused an accident but as long as weather was involved my insurance takes care of me and his insurance takes care of him. And if he is too cheap to buy collision/comprehensive coverage insurance than too bad for him. Ive seen a 15 car pile up at an intersection and it was a mess of an accident in this situation how in the world you determine who is at fault? NO one can stop in Black ICE.
Wrong. OP hit the other car and he is at fault regardless of no fault law or not.
Old 02-19-15, 07:38 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Wrong. OP hit the other car and he is at fault regardless of no fault law or not.

We got the bum!

Thanks for your help...