Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Congrats H!
Old 01-30-15, 02:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Needs more wheel gap
lol yeah i didn't get the "lift kit" (awd), hehe...

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Nice car, congrats!

On a side note...NSX has only 290HP Having a hard time believing that !

Still rememember seeing one when I was really young, seemed like a mythical beast that many people spoke about but none have seen....

MEAHT
yup, it's really not much power. but the light body (3200lb) makes up for it in some way. the car drives quite differently from other cars i have owned.

hopefully one day i get my 911 and i can compare the difference

only less than 9000 copies of nsx arrived in the US, and over the past 20 years one can only guess how many are completely gone (totalled).

i have had my nsx for 2 years, and outside of meets / specific events, i have ONLY seen 3 nsx on the road. that's how rare it is

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Haha ... congratulations Henry, just 7 months or so to go and not waiting for the face lift, or ahem ... the 467 hp monster huh ?
thanks andrew! hahaha honestly i don't really care too much about facelift, it's a lease anyway. and most important, money is the main driving factor this time. need a car fast and cars that i am really interested in, i need more time to save up for. so in the mean time, finding something that cost me the least (while fitting my needs) make sense

and come on now, if it comes down to leasing the gsf, i am very seriously, i would likely just lease the m3/4 now

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Congrats H!
thanks J! for some reason i run into GS all the time!
Old 01-30-15, 02:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Yes yes, we all said that in the beginning....
Anyway, enjoy the car. Lexus really did an awesome job this time, especially when you compare it to the 3GS. I'm just glad we got an OG back in the 4GS, too bad Mike left, but that's a different story.

OP sorry , did not mean to hijack your thread! Hopefully you'll switch back to Lexus someday, get refreshed RC-F maybe? For now enjoy the S5, she is a beauty!
i am trying to be a good boy this time!

actually i know a few OG with the 4gs, but a lot of them hardly post much anymore. guess i am one of the last few who still talk too much lol

Originally Posted by bigblack06
This will be great to see which one you get. I think its time to post a couple pics of that NSX! and I'm also in for what mods you decide to get. I started with the 13 GS saying that and I never listened to what I said cause I modded like crazy!
posted link to my nsx above.

i don't even know what mods are out there for the 4gs haha

Originally Posted by tmf2004
his 3GS was pretty epic so this should be on another level lol.... "but he said he's keeping it stock" :roll eyes: sure..
thanks for the kind words! i think that was my last "project", after that with kids, even my nsx is just touched up mildly. i am getting old!!!

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
Ahhh I agree, we need some pics!

I've gone about it the opposite way. I got the daily GS first, and next up is the NSX.
so you are looking at nsx? get it soon, prices keep on going up!!!

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I appreciate the comparison for the audi. I did have a slight thought about gettting the A5 (not S5), but after the SC400, I wanted a sedan.

I had a GS300 and looooooved that car. I was too poor at the time to get a 400

I totally skipped the whole L-finesse era, particularly the GS
Just did nothing for me but did give me a chance to play with an SC and an NSX. Maybe I have to thank lexus for that

Going a little OT too here.
Wow, you got a new GS also? So cat is out of the bag now?

At first, the front didn't wow me (only because lexus wimped out on the full spindle grill for the GS and gave it to the IS.).

Now, it's growing on me and I love it.
For this GS, there has never been a car that even my wife loves to drive, come home and say how "awesome" it is and still have a grin on her face.
haha come on chris, got the gs400 used so not like i had a choice but yes, that was such a wonderful car, both my wife and i miss it (for its time).

agreed that the whole L-finesse thing was meh... compromised big time on use of space. and together with the low point in quality in lexus history, we were just never too impressed with the car...

i have to be honest, the exterior still hasn't grown on my much. interior though is another story, it's great. and the car drives great because of the chassis. mine is just premium, don't even have the luxury / fsport enhancement but the drive is already very good. my wife likes driving it too (well i mean, her gx is old anyway)
Old 01-30-15, 05:23 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, it's really not much power. but the light body (3200lb) makes up for it in some way. the car drives quite differently from other cars i have owned.

hopefully one day i get my 911 and i can compare the difference ...
I think the Cayman GTS and the new cayman GT4 would be a closer comparison to the NSX (and more powerful)And many think they are/will be the best driving Porsche ...
Old 01-30-15, 05:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I think the Cayman GTS and the new cayman GT4 would be a closer comparison to the NSX (and more powerful)And many think they are/will be the best driving Porsche ...
oh i know. cayman has better performance when compared to 911 apple to apple. but something about the 911 that i want it, i am just not a fan of the cayman. and the 911 is rear engine (vs mid) so i want to experience that even heavier rear more to see how that affects driving

with all my previous cars being front engine and the nsx mid engine setup it already affects my driving quite a bit. people say it's one of the most mechanically balanced car, but make no mistake, the rear got weight and when it snaps, it's not very forgiving (fun!)
Old 01-30-15, 05:55 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

it is well known that Porsche limits the power output of the engines in the Cayman on purpose so its does not outshine the 911, which is their flagship vehicle. However, style wise i don't like how the new Caymans look at all. Now the 2015 Targa 4S looks amazzzzing, with the aluminum band that runs across the middle and the rear glass is so sexy.

Old 01-31-15, 10:35 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
oh i know. cayman has better performance when compared to 911 apple to apple. but something about the 911 that i want it, i am just not a fan of the cayman. and the 911 is rear engine (vs mid) so i want to experience that even heavier rear more to see how that affects driving

with all my previous cars being front engine and the nsx mid engine setup it already affects my driving quite a bit. people say it's one of the most mechanically balanced car, but make no mistake, the rear got weight and when it snaps, it's not very forgiving (fun!)

To me, I won't even consider the Carrera or Carrera S. If I go for 911, it has to be the higher models only like the Turbo s, GT3 or at least the GTS RS ...
Old 01-31-15, 10:37 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Btw, the way you merged the posts, people will think it's Sniiper's new Atomic silver GS350

Last edited by Gojirra99; 02-01-15 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-01-15, 10:31 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Btw, the way you merged the posts, people will think it's Sniiper's new Atomic silver GS350
Yeah, when I first saw the thread I almost got a heart attack... I thought I got drunk or something and bought another car....
Old 02-01-15, 01:48 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Same here. I thought Sniiper got tired of his suspension issues and decided to trade in.
Old 02-02-15, 01:46 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Well I'm def tuned in for the mods to come, you will get the itch. I also thought this was SNiiP3R's thread, thought he got tired of the truck wheel gap!
Old 02-02-15, 11:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

To me, I won't even consider the Carrera or Carrera S. If I go for 911, it has to be the higher models only like the Turbo s, GT3 or at least the GTS RS ...
haha i didn't want to be specific but yes, if i get the 911, it will be turbo or gt3. i figured i don't have the luxury to "climb up the ladder" lol. so far i am leaning towards the gt3 though

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Yeah, when I first saw the thread I almost got a heart attack... I thought I got drunk or something and bought another car....
Originally Posted by SC300Es
Same here. I thought Sniiper got tired of his suspension issues and decided to trade in.
yes i know i am sorry SNiiP3R, i couldn't find a better way to do it
Old 02-02-15, 12:02 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice color choice and great car..
Old 02-08-15, 12:54 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats I cant wait till mine shows up
Old 02-08-15, 10:02 AM