My 2015 Atomic Silver GS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 04:55 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default My 2015 Atomic Silver GS350

Originally Posted by rominl
just this week. decided it might be time to retire the nsx (drive it less) so need another daily. considered few cars but gs lease deals are pretty attractive. only settled with premium though, fsport is a bit more and i mainly just need a car to drive to work, so missing some bells and whistles. i do like the atomic silver, nice refreshing color!

Ohh umm.. when will the modding begin?
After seeing your previous cars, I can't imagine you will be driving this one stock.
Old 01-29-15, 05:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

getting a little OT from OP's post, sorry...

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Cool! What color interior?
just black interior with walnut wood. kind of going the lazy route this time

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Ohh umm.. when will the modding begin?
After seeing your previous cars, I can't imagine you will be driving this one stock.
lol everyone is giving me hard time. i said this car is just going to stay stock so i am trying hard to stay that way!!
Old 01-29-15, 06:20 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

lol everyone is giving me hard time. i said this car is just going to stay stock so i am trying hard to stay that way!!
Yes yes, we all said that in the beginning....
Anyway, enjoy the car. Lexus really did an awesome job this time, especially when you compare it to the 3GS. I'm just glad we got an OG back in the 4GS, too bad Mike left, but that's a different story.

OP sorry , did not mean to hijack your thread! Hopefully you'll switch back to Lexus someday, get refreshed RC-F maybe? For now enjoy the S5, she is a beauty!
Old 01-29-15, 06:25 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I can tell u right now it's not going to stay stock for long.
Old 01-30-15, 07:27 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

just this week. decided it might be time to retire the nsx (drive it less) so need another daily. considered few cars but gs lease deals are pretty attractive. only settled with premium though, fsport is a bit more and i mainly just need a car to drive to work, so missing some bells and whistles. i do like the atomic silver, nice refreshing color!
This will be great to see which one you get. I think its time to post a couple pics of that NSX! and I'm also in for what mods you decide to get. I started with the 13 GS saying that and I never listened to what I said cause I modded like crazy!
Old 01-30-15, 08:02 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
This will be great to see which one you get. I think its time to post a couple pics of that NSX! and I'm also in for what mods you decide to get. I started with the 13 GS saying that and I never listened to what I said cause I modded like crazy!
his 3GS was pretty epic so this should be on another level lol.... "but he said he's keeping it stock" :roll eyes: sure..
Old 01-30-15, 08:05 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

decided it might be time to retire the nsx (drive it less) so need another daily.
damn, thats quite the predicament

wish i had tough decisions like that to make
and like big black says, post dem pics
Old 01-30-15, 08:44 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh I agree, we need some pics!

I've gone about it the opposite way. I got the daily GS first, and next up is the NSX.
Old 01-30-15, 09:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I appreciate the comparison for the audi. I did have a slight thought about gettting the A5 (not S5), but after the SC400, I wanted a sedan.

i have had 98 gs400, 08 gs350, and now 15 gs350. the 2gs was mind blowing, it was simply incredible and still my favorite gs of all time.
I had a GS300 and looooooved that car. I was too poor at the time to get a 400

the 3gs was a complete failure. sorry for being blunt but i am saying it the way it is. build quality was bad, little problems here and there, louder and rougher than others. tech was falling behind. it was huge disappointment.
I totally skipped the whole L-finesse era, particularly the GS
Just did nothing for me but did give me a chance to play with an SC and an NSX. Maybe I have to thank lexus for that

the 4gs exterior is still a big problem imho, not a fan. interior it's top notch and i love it. i don't even have to say anything about the chassis. build quality and ride quality are both much better and more refined than before
Going a little OT too here.
Wow, you got a new GS also? So cat is out of the bag now?

At first, the front didn't wow me (only because lexus wimped out on the full spindle grill for the GS and gave it to the IS.).

Now, it's growing on me and I love it.
For this GS, there has never been a car that even my wife loves to drive, come home and say how "awesome" it is and still have a grin on her face.
Old 01-30-15, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default My 2015 Atomic Silver GS350

really nothing special here but since few people asked in another thread, i don't want to hijack the other thread so here we go

as i mentioned in the other thread, decided to retire the nsx. it's a great car but seriously it's not the easiest car to drive as a daily. now i can fully understand why exotic cars try to run together. visibility gets really bad when driving the nsx in regular traffic. with my seating position not even above the belt line of most other cars around, there is no way i can see past the car in front of me or traffic around, and people either can't see me or they just keep staring at my car, not good either way at all... this gets worse when it's dark outside and especially in rain. the mist completely "consumes" my car, i can't see anything at all and people run into my lane...

so after some close encounters, plus the fact that nsx keep appreciating in price, we decided to put the nsx as weekend car. few choices out there to consider, but with great contacts with lexus dealerships, ended up leasing the gs350 again. my third gs, previously 98 gs400 and 08 gs350. learned that atomic silver is new for 2015 and it's quite an interesting color, so we decided on it

so far enjoying the car, new tech and much more relaxing drive

oh and yes, so far i will continue to say this car is staying stock i don't even know what mods are out there hahaha

and people are asking about my nsx. here's a thread i have in car chat. car hasn't been updated much, just added the nsx-r spoiler and exhaust (stock is boring)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-an-acura.html

here's a pic of my totally stock gs

Last edited by rominl; 01-30-15 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-30-15, 01:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i will later move posts from the other thread here and reply accordingly. don't want to do it now since those posts will then precede this post because of timestamps.
Old 01-30-15, 01:58 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 583 Likes on 402 Posts

Needs more wheel gap
Old 01-30-15, 02:03 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car, congrats!

On a side note...NSX has only 290HP Having a hard time believing that !

Still rememember seeing one when I was really young, seemed like a mythical beast that many people spoke about but none have seen....

MEAHT
Old 01-30-15, 02:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Haha ... congratulations Henry, just 7 months or so to go and not waiting for the face lift, or ahem ... the 467 hp monster huh ?
Old 01-30-15, 02:22 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Nice car, congrats!

On a side note...NSX has only 290HP Having a hard time believing that !

MEAHT
That's more power than the much heavier LS430 !!

Quick Reply: My 2015 Atomic Silver GS350