GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How long for factory orders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 05:27 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How long for factory orders?

I've read several post that a factory order placed through the dealer can take between 4-6 months (YIKES) and that's if the factory "accepts" your order and doesn't "cancel" it.
I can understand that an oddball order (something normally not offered in the catalogue) will most likely be cancelled but what if you just want a standard paint color with a standard interior.

I'm interested in an Atomic Silver F Sport RWD with Flaxen/striated alum interior. Sounds pretty standard to me. I've checked online inventory of about a dozen Lexus dealers now and have not found one configured that way. So maybe I need to order one... but will it indeed take 4-6 months?
Thanks
Old 01-27-15, 05:57 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HDEddie1
I've read several post that a factory order placed through the dealer can take between 4-6 months (YIKES) and that's if the factory "accepts" your order and doesn't "cancel" it.
I can understand that an oddball order (something normally not offered in the catalogue) will most likely be cancelled but what if you just want a standard paint color with a standard interior.

I'm interested in an Atomic Silver F Sport RWD with Flaxen/striated alum interior. Sounds pretty standard to me. I've checked online inventory of about a dozen Lexus dealers now and have not found one configured that way. So maybe I need to order one... but will it indeed take 4-6 months?
Thanks
I don't think dealer will let you place an order for something that might get canceled., that's highly unlikely, but possible

Anyways, you should not have to wait that long. You will get the car within 3 months, maybe even sooner.
Old 01-27-15, 07:42 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine late November and it was accepted in December; the dealership said it would take 60-120 days. When I checked in with them around day 45, they still hadn't heard anything yet. So hopefully they'll hear something soon. I'll post an ETA when I get one.
Old 01-28-15, 01:23 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Atomic Silver with Flaxen sounds gorgeous, and you will be the only one around with one likley!!

Seems worth the wait to me if thats the combo you love..

PICS!!
Old 03-15-15, 07:35 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ComSciGuy
I ordered mine late November and it was accepted in December; the dealership said it would take 60-120 days. When I checked in with them around day 45, they still hadn't heard anything yet. So hopefully they'll hear something soon. I'll post an ETA when I get one.
My car finally arrived! It came in on 11 Mar 15, and I took delivery on the 13th after the dealer took care of the tint and clear mask. I got a 2015 GS 350 AWD with all of the bells and whistles to include the Luxury package with Cold Weather and rear seat heating; LKA; Dynamic Cruse; HUD etc... This car is awesome! Even my wife was impressed, and that is saying something.

Last edited by ComSciGuy; 03-15-15 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-15-15, 10:03 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats on the new car.
Old 03-15-15, 10:15 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by da mayor
congrats on the new car.
Thank you!
Old 03-16-15, 12:59 AM
BkFromBava
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pix or it didn't happen!
Old 03-16-15, 10:03 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Here you go.

Old 03-16-15, 10:51 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ComSciGuy
Here you go.

After all that wait, and you let them drill into the front bumper so they can put their stupid ads on the car? I'd be pissed!
Old 03-16-15, 11:41 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
After all that wait, and you let them drill into the front bumper so they can put their stupid ads on the car? I'd be pissed!
Unfortunately, some dealerships mount the front bracket immediately when they receive the car. They probably don't want to go through the trouble of making a form that states they aren't responsible for tickets issued due to missing front plate. Colorado might be like CA, where front plates are required. He could always take off the dealer plate whenever he wants.

ComSciGuy, congrats on the new car! Nebula grey is my favorite color, that's why I got it twice. Really digging those 19" luxury wheels.
Old 03-17-15, 09:22 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

So Mr OP,

Did you place an order for the atomic silver with flaxen interior? I sure would LOVE to see that combo.. Looks like you can order up a GS according to these results!

Oh yeah, and make sure you tell them NOT to drill that bumper!
Old 03-17-15, 11:53 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Couldn't wait:)

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
So Mr OP,

Did you place an order for the atomic silver with flaxen interior? I sure would LOVE to see that combo.. Looks like you can order up a GS according to these results!

Oh yeah, and make sure you tell them NOT to drill that bumper!
UPDATE: I was in at the dealer on Jan 31st with all the good intention of ordering one but even my dealer, being one of So Cal's larger dealers (Longo) was wishy-washy on the time frame. Then I saw the Atomic Silver in person and I couldn't get my eyes off the color. Not having Flaxen was not a deal breaker because the Atomic Silver just does it for me. Went home with Atomic Silver that evening

Unfortunately, my dealer preps all their cars with license frames (unless you special order a car) so no-drill bumper was not an option when I bought the car.

The black interior actually works well for me... what the first pic shows my eyes, the black interior contrast with just enough striated aluminum trim, titanium (?) accent pieces, and silver/gray stitching on the upholstery just goes well with the Atomic silver paint.
I still am impressed at how the paint shows subtle changes in colors, depending on lighting. Maybe I need to have my eyes checked but the following pic just makes me glad I chose Atomic silver.

I still wonder how a Flaxen F Sport interior would look with Atomic Silver. Maybe it'll be offered in the upcoming GS "F"
Attached Thumbnails How long for factory orders?-gs-f-sport-black-int.jpg   How long for factory orders?-gs-f-sport-atomic.jpg  

Last edited by HDEddie1; 03-17-15 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-17-15, 04:08 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
Yup, the front plate is required in Colorado, so it would have happened either way.
Old 03-19-15, 01:17 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

You don’t need to sell me on Atomic silver with black, I got the same combo!! It is by far the best there has ever been!!

I have seen AS with flaxen but only on the IS, it looks really sharp and I had hoped you were going to be the first GS I’ve seen with that combo..

Check out bumperplugs.com if you guys want to remove your front plates, regardless of laws! They actually added atomic silver to the site upon my request..

Here is how they look on my car:

Attachment 494737

Attachment 494738

Quick Reply: How long for factory orders?