GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

No Flaxen for F sports?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 10:13 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No Flaxen for F sports?

Been looking at the new GS 350 F Sports. Checked about half dozen dealers in So Cal and no matter what exterior color the car, the interiors are either Black or Cabernet. Dealers say they just "order what sells".
The Flaxen looks great in the catalogue. But Is the Flaxen interior just not that popular any more?
Old 01-27-15, 10:38 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Your living in the wrong state my friend. Here in Tennesse there are plenty of fsports with flaxen. Just custom order one of the dealer does not have it. And you could also tell the dealer to go find one for you and trade with another dealer.
Old 01-27-15, 10:49 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Flaxen was hard to get in Chicago when I bought. I originally wanted Flaxen interior with SF Pearl exterior but didn't want to wait along time. I did like the black interior though as it looks really nice with the brush aluminum trim.
Old 01-27-15, 10:55 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

and black headliner!
Old 01-27-15, 02:09 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
Flaxen was hard to get in Chicago when I bought. I originally wanted Flaxen interior with SF Pearl exterior but didn't want to wait along time. I did like the black interior though as it looks really nice with the brush aluminum trim.
I had the opposite finding when I bought mine. Plenty of Flaxen and black. Very hard to find Cabernet. Luckily, I found a cabernet!
Old 01-27-15, 02:22 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Longo Lexus has plenty of them, where in Cali are you ?
Old 01-27-15, 02:32 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HDEddie1
Been looking at the new GS 350 F Sports. Checked about half dozen dealers in So Cal and no matter what exterior color the car, the interiors are either Black or Cabernet. Dealers say they just "order what sells".
The Flaxen looks great in the catalogue. But Is the Flaxen interior just not that popular any more?
I didnt like flexen. Red looks hot
Old 01-27-15, 02:33 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by popping
I had the opposite finding when I bought mine. Plenty of Flaxen and black. Very hard to find Cabernet. Luckily, I found a cabernet!
Same here in TX i waited 2 weeks to get mine in hrey/red combo
Old 01-27-15, 02:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I had flaxen on my 2013 F-sport. Dealer had to look hard to find one, but they got one from Keyes. Keyes seems to order the unique color combos. I got cabernet on my 2015 to change it up. Both are great colors.
Old 01-27-15, 04:18 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Default None in LA so far.

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Longo Lexus has plenty of them, where in Cali are you ?
I'm in Los Angeles. I was in at Longo last month but none in F Sport. I checked Longo's online inventory a few days ago and still no F Sport with Flaxen.
In particular, I'd like to find an Atomic Silver with Flaxen. I think the Flaxen with striated alum trim would go well.
Maybe I have to order one. I've heard factory orders 4-6 months out and that's if the factory "accepts" the order. That sounds too long and too strict. Have you heard any different?
Thanks!
Old 01-27-15, 04:42 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Default Found one (almost)

Thinking of Atomic Silver F Sport with Flaxen. The closest I've come to see one are these pictures of an AWD model in Illinois. AWD makes sense there but I'd never use it here where I'm at (So Cal).
Attached Thumbnails No Flaxen for F sports?-gs350-awd-atomic-sil-flax.png   No Flaxen for F sports?-gs350-awd-atomic-silv-flax.png   No Flaxen for F sports?-gs350-awd-at-silv-flax.png  
Old 01-27-15, 05:34 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an FYI: What I found out is the orders are placed by region which is collection of few dealer ships and not dealer specific. For ex: in the midwest/southern area, some one like Lexus regional manager/distributor places combined order for some 200 GS with all sorts of combinations and splits the order among some dealers. That's what I was told by the sales man in our area. It was hard for me to find a silver with gray leather at the time I bought. It may not be true when dealer says "they just order what sells". We buy what they sell. A special order would put a buyer 3-4 months back and looses some negotiation ground.
Old 01-27-15, 05:41 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had no idea flaxen was an option on the F Sport. I haven't ever seen it before
Old 01-27-15, 10:11 PM
johnphan79
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sick21
I had no idea flaxen was an option on the F Sport. I haven't ever seen it before
My 2013 GS350 F-Sport is Black exterior with Flaxen interior.

Love the color combo.

;-)
Old 01-28-15, 08:26 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Searched almost all the online inventory of Cal Lexus dealers last night and still zip on Flaxen F Sport.

Here's a screen shot of from the online configurator....what a tease. Really easy on the eyes, though
Attached Thumbnails No Flaxen for F sports?-lexus-gs-f-sport-flaxen-catg.png  

Quick Reply: No Flaxen for F sports?